Bill O'Brien will kneel...JJ Watt says kneeling is no disrespect to the flag or military

What if McDermott announced he would kneel?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be in support of McDermott kneeling in protest with his players this year?

• Yes, I would support it
    • No, I would not support that

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I just can't wrap my incapable and ignorant mind why you proclaimed anyone who voted in a way different from you as ignorant.

I didn't proclaim that. 

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Please please help.

If your reading comprehension is this bad, I think you're beyond help.  I honestly feel bad for you at this point.  You're embarrassing yourself.  

4 hours ago, Putin said:

How many people here can peacefully protest at work ? No not during lunch break but during actual work time that you are getting paid for , can a cashier at a grocery get on his knee for 5 minutes and peacefully protest while there’s 20 people waiting line ? 
Or maybe I can call my boss and tell him I had to shut down the rig ( oil production) because my guys wanted to peacefully protest? 
Most of us have two options either follow the company policy OR find another job 

GO BILLS !!!

Every single one of us can protest at work.  If you're not important enough to matter, you can be fired for it.  If you're important enough, you won't.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Maybe he would do it in support of his players, even though he personally hasn't had an issue with the system.

Either way, I'm fine with whatever protest someone else wants to partake in. That's their right and it doesn't affect me.

I would have answered this question not only No But HELL No last season. But now I would answer Yes and if he did I don't need to know his rationale. If he decided not to I'd respect that too. I'm honest to admit that the light has turned On for me in regards to peaceful protest. I'd rather awareness be peaceful and not violent for starters. Also IMO now the one way we can show that we don't abide by racism and injustice is to stand up for (kneel in this case) publically and allow the freedoms our military has fought for to be on full display. I was in the "don't disrespect our country or military whom have died for us"  side of things last year. But I now believe that it isn't disrespecting our flag and military but what they fought for we to have the right to do and express..peacefully. It won't affect my view of the game whatsoever. Kneeling on George Floyds neck will forever be ingrained in my mind. Id rather kneeling be a show of unity and peaceful change moving forward. 

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Billl said:

Every single one of us can protest at work.  If you're not important enough to matter, you can be fired for it.  If you're important enough, you won't.

So you’re saying I could be showed the door and can take   my white privilege with me ? What is this world coming too ? Scary times that’s for sure !!!

Edited by Putin

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If it walks like a proclamation and it quacks like a proclamation...

Ding ding ding!  We have a winner! 

Could it be that even in lieu of ignorance, people with all of the pertinent knowledge at their disposal might still vote no for a host of other reasons?  Why yes, it could!  We need not reduce positions into such black-and-white logic all the time, you know.  

Could it be that such a comment is not a reference to there being one right answer (and hence a demand for all Yes votes), but instead a reference to the surprise of the current ratio of Yes votes to No votes?  Yes!  It could be that, too!

Again, the only one making broad brush strokes with the inability to distinguish nuance is the guy who's talking about groupthink.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Who said I was butt hurt? Racism is racism no matter how you slice it.

The true definition of racism - not the one white people cling to in Merriam Webster - is when prejudice meets power. People of color can absolutely be prejudiced, but name one time in US history they’ve ever held a position of power over the white majority. I’ll wait...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

There's your real racism folks. Any opinion that doesn't agree with this is labeled.

The country ain't perfect. But the number one determining factor in peoples own fate is themselves.

Unfortunately this society has degraded into not spanking kids, not teaching them about authority and negative consequences. Not valuing teachers and education.

And then people wonder why they are poor?

Trust me I know. I never made more than 18 grand a year, grew up in clothes from the salvation army.

I had to decide to pay bills or eat. I couldn't go to the doctor.

It was the choices I made as an adult that caused it to drag on into my twenties and thirties.Once I decided to make a change, get educated, things changed. And yes I got less assistance and almost none at all cause of my skin color.

I’m glad things changed for you  !!!! 

19 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I'll wait for your stats

Did you not read the post? I apologize if it was too long. But, don't hold your breath for me to post stats. Anyone can find them. Google "stats for systemic racism," and I'll bet plenty will come up.

1 hour ago, BillsFan17 said:

They are entertainers. As far as I'm concerned, my car still needs oil to function. I don't need sports to function. 

The president to a fry cook is an absolutely awful comparison.

Why is it awful?

You can consume whatever you want but If you can’t see the difference between a star athlete and a guy at Jiffy Lube I don’t know what to tell you.

5 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

This is the part that people miss. The NFL isn’t out to do the right thing. The league is all about revenue, and positioning themselves to be the premier sports league for years to come. The first protests damaged their product, so they put an end to it. I think the league is taking a gamble to position themselves for the future, nothing more. It isn’t about the players. They see everything that’s going on as an opportunity to become more hip like the NBA, and appeal to younger fans. They are afraid of ending up on the wrong side of history, and don’t want to become a league of older fans like MLB, with no future fan base. They are basically saying they accept losing one demographic, in hopes of picking up others. It will be interesting to see if it actually works, or this really hurts the league again. 

Interesting take thanks you for posting this. I think there are a lot of WASP folks (like myself) who are looking at kneeling in a whole different light in view of current events. But if there is also one thing I've learned is that there is a Huge chasm between what I think it appropriate and right and what many others think. Just look at discussions between Republicans and Democrats. I agree that the NFL is all about the dollar bills. But also I would HOPE they are also seeing what is happening and the Light has turned on for they as far as needed changes in our country regardless of political affiliation or demograhics. BUT  If it hurts their bottom line I'd expect a retraction. They aren't THAT altruistic IMO

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Capco said:

Ding ding ding!  We have a winner! 

Could it be that even in lieu of ignorance, people with all of the pertinent knowledge at their disposal might still vote no for a host of other reasons?  Why yes, it could!  We need not reduce positions into such black-and-white logic all the time, you know.  

Could it be that such a comment is not a reference to there being one right answer (and hence a demand for all Yes votes), but instead a reference to the surprise of the current ratio of Yes votes to No votes?  Yes!  It could be that, too!

Again, the only one making broad brush strokes with the inability to distinguish nuance is the guy who's talking about groupthink.  

Could it be that your keyboard had all of the necessary keys to explain that the first time but you decided to cite ignorance alone?  Could it be that the above is a CYA?

Could it be that my post you disliked so much said almost the same thing about there being no need to reduce positions black and white logic?

I'm disappointed because at first I thought you could tell me what to think and now it just looks like you're full of crap.

4 hours ago, Putin said:

How many people here can peacefully protest at work ? No not during lunch break but during actual work time that you are getting paid for , can a cashier at a grocery get on his knee for 5 minutes and peacefully protest while there’s 20 people waiting line ? 
Or maybe I can call my boss and tell him I had to shut down the rig ( oil production) because my guys wanted to peacefully protest? 
Most of us have two options either follow the company policy OR find another job 

GO BILLS !!!

You're comparing your job to that of a professional athlete? Players kneeling are not shutting down the rig or putting a stop to games being played. The players bosses are still making billions of dollars even if they kneel.

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

Could it be that your keyboard had all of the necessary keys to explain that the first time but you decided to cite ignorance alone?  Could it be that the above is a CYA?

Lol.  This is a first.

Don't put the blame on me just because you added meaning that was never present. 

If it's not explicitly stated, don't assume it.  That's Interwebz 101.  

The last few weeks have really changed perspectives.  Kneeling doesn't look so bad now.

But really, it's what has happened - not just w/ kneeling.  Instead of having the conversation we SHOULD have had when Kaep started it, the false outrage machine kicked in, and it became about a lot of other stuff - disrespecting the flag, the military, etc.  Which was not the intent of the protest.

And it wasn't the 1st time someone tried to get these issues addressed.  If we ignore them for long enough, things are bound to keep building until they erupt, like they have the past few weeks.   A lot of people can say now, "we support the peaceful protests" - but some of them didn't when players started kneeling before.

2 minutes ago, Capco said:

Lol.  This is a first.

Don't put the blame on me just because you added meaning that was never present. 

If it's not explicitly stated, don't assume it.  That's Interwebz 101.  

He asked "why".

You answered "rampant ignorance".

Edited by 4merper4mer