A Safe Space for Racists to Discuss Salmon and Other Recipes

Just now, Chef Jim said:

I have not. But one of the best culinary experience I had was a three hour sushi fest at O Ya in Boston.  

It should be on your bucket list.  Best of experience of my life. 

4 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Treger are consider the gold standard. Takes pimp money but, they’re sassy.Get yourself a little electric MasterBuilt and give it a go. Sams Club, $249.

Can give you tips and quick recipes to try on the fly.

Is this the same one? $199 at Amazon, is that too good to be true??

https://www.masterbuilt.com/collections/smokers/products/mes-130-b-digital-electric-smoker

Edited by CarpetCrawler
  • Like (+1) 1

In case close followers of this very important thread were wondering, my tenderloin turned out very nicely tonight.   The kids need a good medium to enjoy steak in general, so I took the filets off the fire at intervals which not only made everyone happy but allowed me to enjoy choice cuts at a variety of doneness.   Egg noodles, grilled peppers, avocado salad, and bread were also on the menu.

I paired it with a 2014 Napa (Coombsville) Cab.   The only downside is how little of the bottle I'll have left to enjoy tomorrow.

• Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, The Guy In Pants said:

I know. I know. He was very new to it and chose whole chicken. I’ve never smoked chicken; but realize that it can be very difficult to keep moist if not done correctly.

I find if I eat my bird's whole it always ends up being very moist.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Is this the same one? $199 at Amazon, is that too good to be true??

https://www.masterbuilt.com/collections/smokers/products/mes-130-b-digital-electric-smoker

That one is different. I would personally have one with a window. Although, I have never used one without so I don’t have a clear answer to which is better.

Some people claim that window ones do not hold their temps; I have no issue with either of mine. It’s important not to open the door unless you have to; which is why I like the window, not make sure there is a good seal at the door. Also; the ambient temps matter. If it’s -10 degrees outside; it’s probably going to have a tough time keeping temp. I have smoked meat with mine in the winter with temps in the Low teens with no issue just more monitoring. 

Im not a professional smoker guru but it works for me. 

4 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

I find if I eat my bird's whole it always ends up being very moist.  

Have you ever air fried a whole one? I sort of want to try it. I’ve done wings and breaded my own tenders but never done the whole chicken. May have to this weekend.

12 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I worked at one of the top restaurants in Beverly Hills in the early 90's.  We were famous for our meatloaf.  

As kids the best was warm meatloaf sandwiches with melted Kraft cheese the next day. 

As an eye-talian my meatloaf always is inevitably just an oversized meatball, and I'm perfectly okay with that. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, westside2 said:

Has anyone ever cooked salmon in a air fryer? I did and it came out perfect! I rarely use the oven anymore.

I have never used an air fryer. I was wondering if we would use it much if we purchased one.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m neither a racist or a big fan of salmon. My now deceased mother kinda ruined it for me with canned salmon patties growing up. But, I’m willing to acquire the taste as long as I can stay a non-racist in the process. 

Too late; you used the term “patties” which is indicative of a deep white supremacist association. Deep within your loins; you are the KkK. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m neither a racist or a big fan of salmon. My now deceased mother kinda ruined it for me with canned salmon patties growing up. But, I’m willing to acquire the taste as long as I can stay a non-racist in the process. 

Yeah, years ago I made the mistake of telling my wife how good her salmon patties were. Not that they were bad, but they were not that good either. But now, since I "like them so much", she is sure to make them at least once a month now for the last 30 years.

Moral of the story.... ALWAYS be truthful in marriage... 

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Thanks. I am actually going to look into that.

It does pressure cooking and air frying in a single pot, and Justin's book is incredibly well written and makes a wide variety of meals with very accessible ingredients. Happy to talk here or in messages if you have specific questions! 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

The title of this thread almost caused me to spit my coffee out on to my keyboard. Changing the name of this thread has to be the most productive activity Warren Zevon has properly executed since he landed here. BRAVO!:beer:

Warren is so much more advanced than that Gary Busey guy. 

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have never used an air fryer. I was wondering if we would use it much if we purchased one.

I had the same thought. But I use almost every day. Pretty much whatever you do in a oven you can do in a air fryer. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

The title of this thread almost caused me to spit my coffee out on to my keyboard. Changing the name of this thread has to be the most productive activity Warren Zevon has properly executed since he landed here. BRAVO!:beer:

he's also changing the name of his garage band...

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/1271123186743226370

• Haha (+1) 5