2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wut? :blink: Vigorous and Biden do not belong in the same sentence.

I wonder why the picture is taken from that angle?  /sarcasm

Joe's going to win because all of his supporters are staying home.  Pay no attention to the fact there are more media present than "supporters" at EVERY SINGLE EVENT.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

I wonder why the picture is taken from that angle?  /sarcasm

Joe's going to win because all of his supporters are staying home.  Pay no attention to the fact there are more media present than "supporters" at EVERY SINGLE EVENT.

I understand the mail-in ballots + false polls are supposed to either make for a Biden win, or call into question a Trump win as illegitimate, but come on, man! No one goes to Joe's events, there is no enthusiasm for him, and the money that has been "raised" is eerily similar to the shenanigans the Obama campaign conducted in "raising"  their campaign contributions.  Is Sleepy-Joe the ultimate "hold your nose" candidate? Or will he harm downstream tickets? 

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

3 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm changing my tack.

Yeah, damn right, we're the deep state and we will crush you like the cockroaches you are!

TFR is a psycho. He needs to present himself as smarter, more educated, more everything in his quest for adulation, probably because of a repressed  inferiority complex.. He demands attention all the while claiming the moral authority to "call out" and insult others.

And what is your formal training in Marxist political theory and critical race theory? 
I have had more than my fair share at the graduate level

Edited by Niagara
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I understand the mail-in ballots + false polls are supposed to either make for a Biden win, or call into question a Trump win as illegitimate, but come on, man! No one goes to Joe's events, there is no enthusiasm for him, and the money that has been "raised" is eerily similar to the shenanigans the Obama campaign conducted in "raising"  their campaign contributions.  Is Sleepy-Joe the ultimate "hold your nose" candidate? Or will he harm downstream tickets? 

Look, I won't get into the whole mail-in ballot dispute.

But what is this silliness about "false polls"? What is false about them?

This is the same criticism we heard about Romney-Obama in 2012. A guy even decided he was going to rebalance the popular polls and "unskew" them.

Guess what happened

There are legitimate questions to be asked about any poll, but the dismissive "false polls" reeks of wishful thinking rather than clear thinking..

White House can't identify mystery river where Trump claims ballots were dumped

Where is the river?" the reporter asked.

Ms McEnany, rather than answering the question, launched into a defensive tirade accusing the reporter of "missing the forest for the trees" and accusing him and others of lacking "journalistic curiosity."

"The other day [Mr Trump] said 'they found a lot of ballots in a river.' Who is they?" the reporter asked. "Who is 'they,' that found those ballots, and where is this river, anywhere in this country?"

McEnany claimed the "local authorities" were the ones who found the ballots in a ditch in Wisconsin. The reporter asked if that meant that Mr Trump misspoke, which McEnany denied. Then the reporter read Mr Trump's quote back to her, in which he claimed ballots were dumped in rivers and creeks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-cant-identify-mystery-191442089.html

River or ditch?

Trump misspoke, 

lol. Always the defense 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Ms McEnany, rather than answering the question, launched into a defensive tirade accusing the reporter of "missing the forest for the trees" and accusing him and others of lacking "journalistic curiosity."

"The other day [Mr Trump] said 'they found a lot of ballots in a river.' Who is they?" the reporter asked. "Who is 'they,' that found those ballots, and where is this river, anywhere in this country?"

McEnany claimed the "local authorities" were the ones who found the ballots in a ditch in Wisconsin. The reporter asked if that meant that Mr Trump misspoke, which McEnany denied. Then the reporter read Mr Trump's quote back to her, in which he claimed ballots were dumped in rivers and creeks.

River or ditch?

Trump misspoke, 

lol. Always the defense 

Correct. Trump said Trump ballots were found in a river.

The White House today:

There was no river.

There was a ditch.

I don't know where the ditch is, that's not the point. The point is mail-in voting fraud.

Later: it was a ditch in Wisconsin.

Later: Wisconsin election officials - mail was found in a ditch recently, but it did not include any ballots.

So ... totally made up.

I'm not sure what fits within the definition of "fake news" these days, but surely it would include this.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

River or ditch?

Trump misspoke, 

lol. Always the defense 

So ballots are trashed and you you are more concerned about whether it was river or not? You are good on Bills stuff but here you come off awful.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

So ballots are trashed and you you are more concerned about whether it was river or not? You are good on Bills stuff but here you come off awful.

No. I'm saying get your talking points right. There are real "misplaced" ballots stories out there, but they aren't in a river in Wisconsin. This particular story was unnecessary and the White House arguing that even if it isn't literally true, it speaks to a deeper problem just sets them up for mockery. It destroys his credibility to make crap up.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

10 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

But if you’re going to make such ridiculous claim you gotta back it up.

And McEnany’s response solicited the fact that Trump lied.

Its the Art of the Deal

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. I'm saying get your talking points right. There are real "misplaced" ballots stories out there, but they aren't in a river in Wisconsin. It destroys his credibility to make crap up.

Got it- misplaced ballots are less important than where they were found. You made your point, I simply disagree.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott just gave away how much trouble Donald Trump is in

‘Texas Governor Greg Abbott, a corruptly pro-Trump Republican, just gave away that the answer is a resounding “yes.” He just announced a new scheme in which each Texas county is limited to just one dropoff location for ballots. To be clear, this will be fought vigorously in court, and he’ll probably be defeated. But the point is this: you don’t resort to these kinds of tactics if you think you’re safely going to win.’