2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

1 minute ago, ALF said:

If there was no economic disaster caused by covid 19 I think he would be correct but

The economic disaster was caused by the decision making of mostly Democratic governors. People have noticed.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, LB3 said:

The economic disaster was caused by the decision making of mostly Democratic governors. People have noticed.

Look what happened to the rest of the world ,( note Brazil for one)

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not think the warning was  needed. No way is Kamala Harris getting the "Sarah Palin" treatment from the press.

So we won’t be seeing her referenced as The California Come Dumpster by the media?

Edited by Joe Miner

Joe Biden's Awful Vice Presidential Pick

For well over a year, former Vice President Joe Biden has carried forth a simple strategy: Be nonthreatening. Facing a volatile, mistake-prone incumbent, Biden merely had to mimic vital signs, stay out of the spotlight and avoid looking off-putting or radical. And he accomplished those objectives, to great effect. He barely stumbled his way through the Democratic primaries, representing the nonradical voting repository for those alienated by the extremism of Sens. Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren; he refused to kowtow to the Twitter blue checkmarks calling for him to endorse rioting and looting; he shied away from insane slogans about defunding the police. He stayed in the basement, playing prevent defense against President Donald Trump.

All he had before him was one final hurdle: picking a vice president.

Usually, the vice presidential pick means little or nothing. The vice presidency is a uniquely powerless office, and presidents rarely hand over power to their vice presidents. But Joe Biden will be 78 in November and appears to be slipping significantly mentally -- despite CNN's protestations that he can still ride a bicycle. There is a reason nearly 6 in 10 Americans, according to a new Rasmussen poll, think Biden's vice president will finish his first term.

So Biden had one task: to pick a vice president who would appear nonthreatening, mainstream and generally normal. The onus would then lie with President Trump to shift the spotlight from his own campaign.

Biden couldn't do it.

He made an early error on that score when he declared publicly that he would pick a woman. This made it obvious that Biden was seeking a token -- some sop for the woke progressives in his base. And that sop opened the door to further demands: the demand, for example, that he pick not merely a woman (or, as the woke left might have it, an individual with a cervix) but a black woman. And so Biden was trapped into a limited selection of politicians, ranging from the unknown (Rep. Val Demings of Florida) to the communist (Rep. Karen Bass of California), from the quietly sinister (former President Obama's national security advisor Susan Rice) to the loudly ridiculous (Georgia non-governor Stacey Abrams).

None of these picks would be great; some would be far worse than others. But there was one pick who would prove far worse than all the others: Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif. Harris is deeply radical. She endorsed "Medicare for All" while announcing that she would move Americans away from their private health care plans; she announced in open debate that she would use executive orders to ban "assault weapons"; she said she would ban fracking; she attacked Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a purported rapist and Judge Brian Buescher for his Catholicism. Harris is unpopular with many black Americans: As a prosecutor, she was fond of pursuing heavy sentences for light charges, as well as civil asset forfeiture -- and then she bragged about smoking marijuana during her campaign. Harris has similarly alienated moderates, attacking Biden himself as a vicious racist for his unwillingness to support forced school busing in the 1970s, and suggesting that she believed Biden's sexual harassment accusers. There is a reason Harris utterly flamed out in the primaries, aside from her bizarre habit of breaking into a Joker-esque whoop when asked difficult questions.

Nothing about Harris screams nonthreatening. In fact, in her Machiavellian campaign manipulations, she appeared deeply threatening -- threatening enough that Biden campaign adviser Chris Dodd reportedly wondered why Harris "had no remorse" for her opportunistic and dishonest attacks on Biden. At the very least, Biden should hire a food taster.

In selecting Harris, Biden has opened the door to the Trump campaign. And Trump should take full advantage. Biden's alleged moderation means nothing if he is willing to place Kamala Harris one heartbeat from the presidency. Biden's entire campaign strategy has now been undercut -- all in a vain attempt to please the Twitterati, who will remain pleased for precisely seven seconds. Trump should be ecstatic. The race is on. And that's all on Biden.

More at the link: https://townhall.com/columnists/benshapiro/2020/08/12/joe-bidens-awful-vice-presidential-pick-n2574170

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

So we won’t be seeing her referenced as The California Come Dumpster by the media?

I think the media will get their talking points and not be allowed to stray from there. I do not think the media will want to stray from those talking points.

As far as everyday people... the "progressives" are apparently not happy with Kamala's past. She's pivoted to a voting record that should please them. If "progressives" or Bernie Bros are disappointed with the pick I expect to see "Kumala" tshirts. If they are on board with the pick, you will never see this level of nastiness on the streets:

sarah.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

Progressives trash Biden-Harris ticket: A 'middle finger' to the base

by Joseph A. Wulfsohn

Original Article

Some progressives expressed their frustration and condemnation of Joe Biden's selection of Sen. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., as his running mate. Ever since Biden became the presumptive Democratic nominee, there has been an ongoing debate on the left as to who he could pick as his vice president that can motivate enough of the base, including supporters of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., to support the ticket in November. On Tuesday, Biden announced that Harris would be his vice president. Sanders himself extended his support for his Senate colleague and former 2020 rival.

1 hour ago, ALF said:

If there was no economic disaster caused by covid 19 I think he would be correct but

The economic disaster was unequivocally not caused by COVID-19.

It was caused by various state governments choosing to shut down their economies, and criminalizing doing business.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Thank you (+1) 2

CNN Says the Quiet Part Out Loud About Harris Taking Over For Biden

Can we all just stop pretending Biden is in charge of this ticket? CNN probably won’t, but for a brief moment in time last night, the liberal network managed to say the quiet part out loud about Harris taking over for Biden. In what was a rather awkward headline, Chris Cillizza’s piece on the VP pick described things this way.

The piece itself is what you’d expect, i.e. slobbering praise for Biden’s. It essentially asserts that Harris was the best pick ever, historical, and offers Trump no lines of attack to open up. How true any of that is will be tested in the near future, as I actually think Harris is wide open for attacks compared to Susan Rice, who would have been a more limited target (i.e. Benghazi, and I don’t think that’s an effective political attack anymore).

Regardless, here’s what you normally don’t do when a VP candidate is chosen for a ticket. You don’t immediately begin to speculate the top of the ticket is so incapable of doing the job that he may not finish out his first term. That’s usually a red flag to not make that person president in the first place.

But we are living in a reality where defeating Trump overtakes all common sense for the left, to the point where the media are salivating at the thought of a senile old man being elected because they can just swap him out for Harris when the time is right.

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2020/08/12/cnn-says-the-quiet-part-out-loud-about-kamala-harris-taking-over-for-joe-biden/

Modeling clay. She'll be whatever you want and need her to be. Is it any wonder the powers-that-be in the Democratic party, who wanted Kamala to be the nominee when the voters did not, have decided she'd be Joey Fingers running mate?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Lot of fear from the right - not surprised 

Same old narrative.............you're the third to try it this morning.......?

VICTOR DAVIS HANSON: Who or What Exactly Is Running Against Trump? 

“The inner-Biden at 77 is turning out to be an unabashed bigot in the age of ‘cancel culture’ and thought crimes that has apparently declared him immune from the opprobrium reserved for any such speech.”

Related: Deroy Murdock dubs Biden “a Left-wing Archie Bunker,

the stereotype-spewing lead character of the brilliant 1970s comedy series ‘All in the Family.’ Producer Norman Lear’s top-rated show was a high-water mark for ethnic humor, which was how Americans once cheerfully addressed and overcame racial differences, unlike today’s corrosive techniques of in-your-face confrontation and Maoist re-education.

Like Archie Bunker, Biden is White, seems vaguely blue-collar and routinely says racially disturbing things, but without the legendary writers who made Bunker’s remarks hilarious. Anything funny that Biden says on race is strictly unintentional.”

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Lot of fear from the right - not surprised 

I don't mind admitting I have a little bit of fear about a political party that is aggressively running a presidential candidate that most of America doesn't expect to last 20 minutes past his swearing in because of his dementia.

It should put a bit of fear in you as well.

Great Job Democrats, If We Could Have Picked a VP for You, It Would Have Been Kamala Harris

I was legitimately surprised when they announced that Kamala Harris was chosen as Joe Biden’s VP pick, and for a plethora of reasons. The foremost of which was that Harris had proven herself to be so unelectable that she disappeared off the face of the planet after she had withdrawn from the 2020 presidential race.

But never underestimate Democrats who, upon reaching rock bottom, will ask for an additional shovel.

As the title of my piece says, if the right was given the capability of choosing Biden’s running mate, I’m pretty positive it would have been Kamala Harris. Not only are there compatibility issues with her and Biden thanks to her running narrative against him, but she effectively disqualified from the office of the presidency after Tulsi Gabbard sent a torpedo straight in the Harris campaign’s engines.

Let’s start at the top with her attacks on Biden.

More at the link

• Haha (+1) 1