StHustle

WE WON THE OFFSEASON!!! (Again)

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

Awesome...2 examples out of possible hundreds...thanks for proving my point.

Nothing is gonna be 100%. So because I say a statement like "you are who you are after 3 seasons" I guess for the technical guy like you I should say "98% of the time" first.

The thing is, I would be more in your camp if it were a true statement that Josh hasn’t been showing consistent improvement over the average course of his starts—and I think it’s safe to say that on balance he continues to improve overall. That is why an arbitrary number of 3 doesn’t hold water for me in Josh’s situation. Those who would either flame out or stay where they are by definition couldn’t be showing consistent improvement, right? It’s a simple exercise in logic, imho. 

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The thing is, I would be more in your camp if it were a true statement that Josh hasn’t been showing consistent improvement over the average course of his starts—and I think it’s safe to say that on balance he continues to improve overall. That is why an arbitrary number of 3 doesn’t hold water for me in Josh’s situation. Those who would either flame out or stay where they are by definition couldn’t be showing consistent improvement, right? It’s a simple exercise in logic, imho. 

So because he has shown consistent improvement his first 2 years means he can have any kind of year 3 (with the most talented roster the Bills have had in a long time) and he is still the unquestioned starter??

No! He has to still show continuous improvement to keep that title as UNQUESTIONED starter. If he were to regress (guess what?? This happens sometimes in the NFL) then his future would be in question and McBeane would have to start considering other options where as this year that was nowhere in their mental.

Btw...3 is no arbitrary number. Year 3 is generally accepted as the year the baby needs to be produced whether it be a coaching staff or QB.

With all that said....I have big faith in Josh and feel 95% sure in my mind he will keep improving and may even "arrive" this year. But that doesn't take away my viewpoint that this is a make or break year when it comes to his role as unquestioned starter

• Like (+1) 1