Dolphins trade 2017 1st rd pick Charles Harris to Falcons; cut Taco Charlton

"...Harris, the 22nd overall pick in the 2017 draft, had just 3 1/2 sacks in 41 games with Miami."

Man, who was running the scouting department on that one?   Chris Greer (GM), Adam Gase (Head Coach), Joe Schoen (Player Personnel--uh oh :bag: ).

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

"...Harris, the 22nd overall pick in the 2017 draft, had just 3 1/2 sacks in 41 games with Miami."

Man, who was running the scouting department on that one?   Chris Greer (GM), Adam Gase (Head Coach), Joe Schoen (Player Personnel--uh oh :bag: ).

forgot the guy that actually called the shot with Mike Tannebaum 

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Yup Grier 1st year as GM

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup Grier 1st year as GM

Schoen had to be involed in that pick as well.

It looks like everyone missed, however:

DRAFT ANALYSIS:    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/charles-harris?id=2558001

"Really solid pick here. I think he can play four-down or 3-4 linebacker; in Miami, it's four-down. He has a good first step and is explosive off the edge. This young man is adept at a pass rusher." -- Mike Mayock

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

now I would not be opposed to the Bills brining in Taco Charlton (who they also released) for a looksie 

I mentioned this in the FA thread. He would be an interesting add. Still only 25, had five sacks last year. I think there is still upside there and I think he would be an ideal fit for this defensive scheme. It’s crazy to me that Harris fetched compensation (albeit low comp) and Taco did not. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I mentioned this in the FA thread. He would be an interesting add. Still only 25, had five sacks last year. I think there is still upside there and I think he would be an ideal fit for this defensive scheme. It’s crazy to me that Harris fetched compensation (albeit low comp) and Taco did not. 

Quinn Loved Harris in the Draft. That is what will cause a team to fire off a low round pick 

• Like (+1) 1

You know what would be incredible data... if teams could submit their draft boards to an anonymous process AFTER each draft and just make a consensus draft board out of it.  Can't look at any teams ratings, just the final average slot for each player.   Then we can see after a few years how well or poorly people drafted.  The problem I have with criticizing a pick like Harris (or countless other busts) is that if the Dolphins didn't pick him, he probably would have been gone within the next 5-7 picks to be a bust for someone else.  Most likely, evaluators as a whole got it wrong on the guy rather than just the one team that selected him.

The Athletic has a great article on this that created a consensus board this year and last year from a collection of evaluators and pundits, but it would be incredible if that could be taken from the actual teams doing the picking.  A reach is not a reach four years later, but in real-time if you're picking a guy #26 that the vast majority of the league is rating as a 5th rounder. 

Edited by cage
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What did Mel Kiper say about him before the draft

32 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

now I would not be opposed to the Bills brining in Taco Charlton (who they also released) for a looksie 

Everyone needs a Taco right about now.

Edited by ALLEN-2-DIGGS-TD!!