Dolphins trade 2017 1st rd pick Charles Harris to Falcons; cut Taco Charlton

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Schoen had to be involed in that pick as well.

It looks like everyone missed, however:

DRAFT ANALYSIS:    http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/charles-harris?id=2558001

"Really solid pick here. I think he can play four-down or 3-4 linebacker; in Miami, it's four-down. He has a good first step and is explosive off the edge. This young man is adept at a pass rusher." -- Mike Mayock

I would look more to director of college scouting than director of player personnel 

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Between the Jets and Phins, I'm a big fan of the work Mike Tannebaum has done in the AFC East for the Bills.

He’s awful on radio. Always sounds like he has. Mouthful of marbles 

51 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

So many people don't get this. I do. BRAVO.

For those that don't, we just counter with the original "Now here's a guy..."

39 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would look more to director of college scouting than director of player personnel 

He’s awful on radio. Always sounds like he has. Mouthful of marbles 

'Tom Carvel' awful?  ?

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mighty Taco endorsements for charlton make this a easy decision .

With that name, Gase will be keeping an eye on Charlton.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I feel like Taco has been cut 14 times in the past two years.

Your feeling is right.  He was drafted by Dallas about three years ago, then bounced around from there. 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yup Grier 1st year as GM

I don’t blame Grier, this was a Gase pick. Gase is horrible at evaluating talent 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The Fins have absolutely no mid to high end talent on that roster. No win in the NFL is easy but I’m already counting 2 wins vs the Tuna. The Tuna will probably be tanking another season. 

Doubt it. They got some playmakers and they had a helluva draft

Gross return on a 1st rounder

Yup.  Miami was just dumping the contract.  $1.95M fully guaranteed left on it for this season.  It goes to Atlanta for a nothing pick.  

Gross return on a 1st rounder

Ooof!

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

now I would not be opposed to the Bills brining in Taco Charlton (who they also released) for a looksie 

Why not?

He's a young player who could benefit being with top defensive minded coaches.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mighty Taco endorsements for charlton make this a easy decision . Kidding aside, his speed to power combo could fit here, McD should give him a shot. Plus he’s from Columbus and a good kid. 

What will be different with the Bills vs Dallas/Miami?

3 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I mentioned this in the FA thread. He would be an interesting add. Still only 25, had five sacks last year. I think there is still upside there and I think he would be an ideal fit for this defensive scheme. It’s crazy to me that Harris fetched compensation (albeit low comp) and Taco did not. 

I believe Taco's sacks/tackles per game are decent.  Not sure why he has been cut twice, attitude issue?  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I believe Taco's sacks/tackles per game are decent.  Not sure why he has been cut twice, attitude issue?  

That’s what Miami said. Jordan Phillips worked out ok though and they had same issue with him. I’m not Pounding the table for Charlton or anything but would have an interest in bringing him into camp especially in case of injury. He’s a good fit for the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Some players fit into different schemes better. 

Yeah I get that but seems like more going on behind the scenes.  Not sure he fits Buffalo's scheme better but only seen him play a few times.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t blame Grier, this was a Gase pick. Gase is horrible at evaluating talent 

Doubt it. They got some playmakers and they had a helluva draft

They will be so lucky if the players that they drafted even get close to Tunsil and M. Fitzpatrick’s level of play. I thought Miami had a solid draft but nothing special. 

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

They will be so lucky if the players that they drafted even get close to Tunsil and M. Fitzpatrick’s level of play. I thought Miami had a solid draft but nothing special. 

With all those picks and cap space, the result of FA and draft was underwhelming to me. Tua notwithstanding if he succeeds. The one thing they really improved was their secondary and RB group (but the RBs couldn’t get worse)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

wow, you remember a tv commercial, bravo

Point being, he was known to draw out things forever. Like when he would read the promo for "Murder..............................................................................................She Wrote."

Thats The Joke GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY