Heard a couple people on Sirius say Bills have interest in Zack Moss

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I have heard from a guy who has connections with the Dillon family that the Bills have shown significant interest in AJ Dillon as a day 3 pick.

That wouldn't surprise me but it's a bummer nonetheless

3 hours ago, Billl said:

I like Moss a lot, though his lack of speed is problematic.  RBs really need to be able to take it the distance if they get a seam.  It’s so hard to pop one that getting 12 yards and a first down instead of 65 yards and a touchdown makes a huge difference.  Either way, McBeane has to draft or sign a back who can score and get tough yards.  The Bills return a total of 2 rushing TDs at the RB spot.  Continuing to rely on Josh to get those yards is asking for a disaster...which brings up another point.  A backup QB is a necessity.

For sure and it is exciting.  I was always curious how often this happens so I ran last years rushing stats.

Of the 447 Rushing TDs last year 14 TDs came on rushes of 65 yards or more.

31 TDs came on rushes of 40 yards or more.  That averages out to 1 TD per team per season.  That is less than I expected!

This doesn't happen often but there is certain players with many of them.  Example McCaffrey had 4TDs over 40 yards.

It's pretty interesting if anyone wants to check it out.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/ptd_finder.cgi?request=1&match=play&year_min=2019&year_max=2019&game_type=R&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&week_num_min=0&week_num_max=99&td_type=rush&group_by_pass=qb&quarter[]=1&quarter[]=2&quarter[]=3&quarter[]=4&quarter[]=5&order_by=distance

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I have heard from a guy who has connections with the Dillon family that the Bills have shown significant interest in AJ Dillon as a day 3 pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, maryland-bills-fan said:

or they reached and got lucky

Yeah, just like all their other good picks, right? Must be luck, not years of experience and enough skill in evaluating talent that they are millionaire's because of it. ?

On 4/19/2020 at 6:17 PM, DJB said:

That's a great point honestly. 

All the numbers say to avoid Singletary in the draft. 

Small

Not real heavy

Ran slow and agility at combine was poor.

His metrics say he should be a later round pick at most.

And yet the Bills took him relatively high in the draft. 

That tells me that they value game film far more than combine numbers and all that. And to me that's the proper way to evaluate a prospect. 

I don't know if there is a decent athletic test to simulate contact balance and vision which are way more important than straight line speed.  It's tough to imagine that making tacklers miss and knocking them on their butt is a different kind of athleticism that is not reflected in other measurements.