Draft Rumors 1 week out

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Most of those were in 2018.   He cleaned that up in 2019.   

Other than having a problem seperating, he's got a lot of things going for him.  He reminds me of a more fluid Duke Williams with better hands.     He'd be a great pick in the 5th-6th round range.   

One issue working against him--he's never played special teams.    He'd have to pick that up quickly if he wanted to be active on Sunday's...

Beane has really focused on getting WRs that can separate for Allen.  I think we will take a WR in this draft that excels at separation.  Unless they think Gandy-Golden can improve there then I don’t see the fit.  Or perhaps they’re thinking of lining him up as a big slot and that would help.  Obviously some smoke there. 

54 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Don’t know where to put this but it NEEDS to be on this board somewhere. It needs to be posted right next to the draft value chart so someone doesn’t suggest 54 & 86 for a top 10 pick ??.

It will be interesting to see how the lack of pro days and visits contributes to the trades this year. I guess there is less consensus and less confidence in the evaluations so there will be less trading. Seems like it will take more courage to go up and more courage to drop down this year.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

It will be interesting to see how the lack of pro days and visits contributes to the trades this year. I guess there is less consensus and less confidence in the evaluations so there will be less trading. Seems like it will take more courage to go up and more courage to drop down this year.

I could see the exact opposite- if a team got visits and is comfortable- making a move up to get that guy because some others are more unknown.

I could see more trades so that teams get guys they were comfortable with.  Teams also have less info on what other teams thought leading to you wanting to get your guy because you are not as sure if another team is thinking like you.

I love the potential of this draft.

33 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I could see the exact opposite- if a team got visits and is comfortable- making a move up to get that guy because some others are more unknown.

I could see more trades so that teams get guys they were comfortable with.  Teams also have less info on what other teams thought leading to you wanting to get your guy because you are not as sure if another team is thinking like you.

I love the potential of this draft.

I see the prospects that have been fully vetted as a minority situation and really from the standpoint of going to get a guy you need two to tango so it cuts both ways. Overall I think gm's (and front office people in general) are comforted by the same process and if that process is interrupted there will be some trepidation to do business as normal.

Will be fun to watch though, no doubt

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless the Chargers leap them and grab Tua. Or maybe Miami wants Tua and Chargers want Herbert, neither would have to move and they’d get their guy. But they can’t really discuss that with each other and show their cards in case they want the same guy. This is like some Game Theory stuff here. I love the draft.