Draft Rumors 1 week out

2 hours ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Yes, I think there is a lot of "group think".    There is also the famous "trending higher or lower" for this or that player.  OK, the film is all still the same.  The combine and campus visits are all done.  There is very little change in the status of the players already on the rosters or FA signings.   All GM's keep their cards close to their vests and praise every player on their roster to the hilt.   (talk them up for a trade, hide where your team knows the holes are and keep the players happy).

Yet,  Joe Blow is not trending higher and .....

I have 3 daughters.  I remember while they were growing up, hearing stories of rumors and mean-girl developments that made something out of nothing.

I like to hear these rumors, but don't take them too seriously.

That is interesting.  Can you name the source for this?

"Trending" is code for talking heads catching up to what GMs and scouts think. 

5 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Two drafts ago Beane was not doing the drafting. You are correct, but I didn't say Beane had done that draft.  Minor point.

And we didn't take a receiver in the first.

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Lol.  This is why defense as a whole in the NFL is falling behind offense.  You can line him up anywhere.  Create a role where you can make him the most disruptive.

I do see his point to an extent it is partly about position (and I can't see a really creative defensive mind in that top 10 who can make best use of him) but also it is about need of the teams up there. The OTs are going to go early. The DTs too. And at least two if not 3 QBs. My first mock I had Simmons sliding all the way to Tampa at #14 where you get to a creative defensive mind like Bowles who can use him. I think the talent probably dictates someone in the top 10 takes a shot.... but he is a candidate to slide because of other positional needs and the questions about his own position. 

There are multiple poor defenses.  Get athletes to beat the other teams athletes.  Not that Edmunds is older and understand the defense and his responsabilites I would move him around more.   Rush end, man on a big slot, blitz, or coverage from the mike.  

51 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Two drafts ago Beane was not doing the drafting. You are correct, but I didn't say Beane had done that draft.  Minor point.

I don’t know what you are referring to. The Bills didn’t take a WR in the 1st rd two drafts ago. They took Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds. Before that they took Tre White. The 1st rd WR was 6 drafts ago.

Edited by YoloinOhio

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know what you are referring to. The Bills didn’t take a WR in the 1st rd two drafts ago. They took Josh Allen and Tremaine Edmunds. Before that they took Tre White. The 1st rd WR was 6 drafts ago.

I figured must have meant Zay who was round 2 three drafts ago. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I do see his point to an extent it is partly about position (and I can't see a really creative defensive mind in that top 10 who can make best use of him) but also it is about need of the teams up there. The OTs are going to go early. The DTs too. And at least two if not 3 QBs. My first mock I had Simmons sliding all the way to Tampa at #14 where you get to a creative defensive mind like Bowles who can use him. I think the talent probably dictates someone in the top 10 takes a shot.... but he is a candidate to slide because of other positional needs and the questions about his own position. 

Could you imagine Simmons in our defense... Wow.  If would make it to #13, if we still had a 1st round pick I would have tried to trade up for him.  Dude is a monster.

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

"Trending" is code for talking heads catching up to what GMs and scouts think. 

And we didn't take a receiver in the first.

I meant 2017.   Before Beane.

Round 2, Pick 5 (No. 37) (From L.A. Rams)

Zay Jones, WR, ECU: Buffalo traded down in Round 1, then goes up in Round 2—picks 44 and 91 to the Rams for 37 and 149. The Bills did so because they needed a wide receiver and missed out on the top three guys Thursday night. Jones should be their No. 2 guy opposite Sammy Watkins right away. GRADE: B+

2 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

I meant 2017.   Before Beane.

Round 2, Pick 5 (No. 37) (From L.A. Rams)

Zay Jones, WR, ECU: Buffalo traded down in Round 1, then goes up in Round 2—picks 44 and 91 to the Rams for 37 and 149. The Bills did so because they needed a wide receiver and missed out on the top three guys Thursday night. Jones should be their No. 2 guy opposite Sammy Watkins right away. GRADE: B+

Yea round 2. That was what I thought you meant. 

17 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

FWIW

This would have to be a ton of picks including one next year, I would think.  Pat’s 1st and all three of their 3rds doesn’t get it done and Pats don’t have a 2nd this year.  Does NE have a player that is young enough and good enough to include in a package that would interest Detroit?

26 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

FWIW

That's the same dumbass who tweeted about the Odell to the Vikings rumours 

https://www.rotoworld.com/college-football/nfl-draft/player/48765/jordan-love

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller passed along one crazy theoretical scenario involving Love -- that the Dolphins could forego Tua Tagovailoa and Justin Herbert at No. 5, select a lineman in that spot and then take Love later in Round 1. Miami holds pick Nos. 18 and 26 later in the first round.

Edited by DJB