Would you vote for Justin Amash?

Simon

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...know nothing about him......wonder if he did generate enough support to where he in the "new Ross Perot" as an Independent 3rd party, taking enough away from Trump whereby "Oh No Joe" moves into 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.....pretty scary.......Joe sleeps through the inauguration and VP Abrams is the "new boss"...I need another drink......

JA (oh ***** I don't think I can refer to him as that around here) probably has enough support in Michigan among repubs and independents to swing MI to JB.  Could be a similar factor in PA, OH, MI and a couple others.  He hates Trump and it would not surprise me at all if he got some funding from the left to be the spoiler and a nod for a cabinet or other administration position.   This to me, a right leaning 3rd party candidate, is the dems best chance to win.  More impactful than the Russian hoax, womanizing, impeachment, corona and all things orange man bad. 

5 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

JA (oh ***** I don't think I can refer to him as that around here) probably has enough support in Michigan among repubs and independents to swing MI to JB.  Could be a similar factor in PA, OH, MI and a couple others.  He hates Trump and it would not surprise me at all if he got some funding from the left to be the spoiler and a nod for a cabinet or other administration position.   This to me, a right leaning 3rd party candidate, is the dems best chance to win.  More impactful than the Russian hoax, womanizing, impeachment, corona and all things orange man bad. 

It won't matter when Trump eviscerates Senile Joe in the debates.

7 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

This Jew hating piece of filth will attract the Islamic population in these states and Minn. This will help President Trump carry these states.

15 hours ago, Simon said:

Kind of curious.....

Nope. Just another Jew hating piece of filth.

On 4/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, Magox said:

I tell you who would.

TYTT

and maybe Devnull

No.

Amash is a faux libertarian.  The only way he gets my vote is if he campaigns on dissolving the federal government.

The only two current congressmen who would garner my vote are Massie and Paul.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 9:21 AM, TakeYouToTasker said:

No.

Amash is a faux libertarian.  The only way he gets my vote is if he campaigns on dissolving the federal government.

The only two current congressmen who would garner my vote are Massie and Paul.

?

Rep. Justin Amash to seek Libertarian nomination for president

The Michigan congressman’s decision ends months of speculation that the former Republican would run as an alternative to President Trump and presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well, that would be the same reason he left the Republican party... his fortune is tied to China. The tariffs President Trump imposed upon China hurt Amash's pocketbook directly, so he put money over country (seems to happen a LOT with elected reps), and took his ball and went er, "Independent," and now "Libertarian" (and if you think about that for a second, it is hilarious!)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Nanker said:

I wonder what he’ll do with all the campaign money that he got. A new car? A new vacation home? A lavishly stocked wine cellar perhaps. Maybe all of the above and more. 
https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00031938

He'll do the same thing Jill Stein did with all the money she raised after the election for "recount efforts." If anyone knows what that was, please enlighten.

• Like (+1) 1