Remember this?

Post things from the past that no longer exist.

TV Guide channel.  You couldn't scroll through it or go to a search.  You just had to wait until the auto-scroll to show you whats on now and coming up.  If you were waiting on the channel and somehow missed it....you had to wait for it to cycle through again.   

Weekend at Bernie's II.... @teef favorite movie.

TV Guide Channel : nostalgia

AOL Floppy discs....later CD's with free hours.

AOL floppy discs! #90s | My childhood memories, Childhood memories ...How Much Did It Cost AOL To Send Us Those CDs In The 90s? "A Lot ...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

My grandfather had one of these connected to a descrambler he built himself...

cable-channels-televisions.jpg

Boy was that fancy and hi-tech coming from this  (btw....can anyone under the age of 50 identify what the second dial was for?):

TV before cable. One dial for channels 2-13, one dial for UHF ...

Edited by KD in CA
  • Like (+1) 3

On 4/12/2020 at 8:33 PM, PastaJoe said:

vintage-television-knobs-isolated-over-2

For my First Communion in the 60’s I was given the choice of a big party or a portable tv for my bedroom. I took the tv.

Our son and his fiancé have been gifted money from both families, plus have money of their own. The wedding is (hopefully) at the Grove Park Inn (Asheville, NC) in late August. He’s a CPA and she is a former wedding planner. [Edit: now on furlough from Omni in Atlanta where she was very good at generating group sales/conventions attached to the Convention Center....when does THAT come back?] The question was.........do you want a big open bar for everyone you’ve ever known ($$$ pi$$ed away), or a down payment on a house? 

Sometimes it’s best to put yourself first! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2