Jump to content
Virgil

TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Oh wow!! That changes everything!! This draft is drunk.

Yeah.  I was going to take him just because I think Miami will, but I don’t think he’s the answer as a franchise qb.  Time will tell.  Simmons is ridiculous and mixed with Jones and Howard, their pass d is impressive.  He’s too good to pass up for a Qb coming off hip surgery imo.  As close to a sure thing as you can get.  That’s what rebuilding teams need.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  I was going to take him just because I think Miami will, but I don’t think he’s the answer as a franchise qb.  Time will tell.  Simmons is ridiculous and mixed with Jones and Howard, their pass d is impressive.  He’s too good to pass up for a Qb coming off hip surgery imo.  As close to a sure thing as you can get.  That’s what rebuilding teams need.

If you can draft a QB later it may make sense but nothing trumps a good QB.  You see him worse than Fitz?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

If you can draft a QB later it may make sense but nothing trumps a good QB.  You see him worse than Fitz?

It’s not about being “worse than Fitz”.  It’s about being good enough and healthy enough to be the franchise QB for the next 15 years.  Not next year.  I just don’t think he’s worth the 5th pick. 
 

My gameplan is to stack the team with as much talent as possible and when there’s a QB available that I like, I’ll try and make it happen.  Just doesn’t happen to be in this draft other than Burrow.  
 

with the addition of Simmons and the rest of the draft, I believe that this defense is well on its way to being able to carry an offense like the Bills d carried the O the last couple years.  I wouldn’t mind throwing Can, Winston or dalton out there for a year with a dominant d.  
 

Edited by NewEra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

If you can draft a QB later it may make sense but nothing trumps a good QB.  You see him worse than Fitz?

 

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Johnnycage46 is on the clock

 

I messed up assigning your team.  You have the Chargers now 

Edited by Virgil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Virgil

 

With the 6th pick in the draft the Chargers select Tua (can't spell his last name), QB, Alabama.

 

EDIT:  Sorry forgot my justification.  Chargers just lost Rivers, after 15/16 years of QB stability.  Tyrod, while a level-headed QB, who takes great care of the football can be a stop-gap, we need a franchise QB.  At this spot, we can't pass on a talent like Tua.

Edited by Johnnycage46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s not about being “worse than Fitz”.  It’s about being good enough and healthy enough to be the franchise QB for the next 15 years.  Not next year.  I just don’t think he’s worth the 5th pick. 
 

My gameplan is to stack the team with as much talent as possible and when there’s a QB available that I like, I’ll try and make it happen.  Just doesn’t happen to be in this draft other than Burrow.  
 

with the addition of Simmons and the rest of the draft, I believe that this defense is well on its way to being able to carry an offense like the Bills d carried the O the last couple years.  I wouldn’t mind throwing Can, Winston or dalton out there for a year with a dominant d.  
 

Not sure how anyone can think Tua won’t be a good NFL QB. The question is more about health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure how anyone can think Tua won’t be a good NFL QB. The question is more about health. 

 

I am not crazy about Tua. He is always one hit away from being on the sidelines.

 

He reminds me a lot of Matt Leinart.

Edited by njbuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

I am not crazy about Tua. He is always one hit away from being on the sidelines.

 

He reminds me a lot of Matt Leinart.

 

Because he is a lefty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Because he is a lefty? 

 

Yeah, they are almost the same QB.

 

And remember the kind of talent USC had at that time that made Leinart a high first round pick?

 

Tua might have a better NFL arm than Tua, but I honestly worry about Tua's ability to take a hit also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

Yeah, they are almost the same QB.

 

And remember the kind of talent USC had at that time that made Leinart a high first round pick?

 

Tua might have a better NFL arm than Tua, but I honestly worry about Tua's ability to take a hit also.

Health is obviously a concern... I’m talking strictly about his ability. Dude is going to be good if he he can stay healthy. I’m confident in that.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScottLaw said:

Health is obviously a concern... I’m talking strictly about his ability. Dude is going to be good if he he can stay healthy. I’m confident in that.

 

I think it is very critical as to where he goes. First and foremost, will he have an OL that can protect him.

 

Well, I guess you can say that about any young QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure how anyone can think Tua won’t be a good NFL QB. The question is more about health. 


Then there you go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 7th pick the Carolina Panthers select Jeffrey Okudah, cornerback, THE Ohio State University.

 

The Panthers have Okudah as the 3rd best player in this draft. He’s a long, athletic, rangy corner with All-Pro potential. After losing James Bradberry we have a need at the position. We didn’t expect him to be there but are thrilled that he was. We view him as a cornerstone to our rebuild moving forward.

 

@Logic and the Arizona Cardinals are now on the clock

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 8th pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Jedrick Wills, Offensive Tackle, Alabama.

Improving one of the league's worst defenses was a strong consideration here, but with Young, Brown, and Simmons off the board, the value did not make sense for any remaining defensive player. Turning their attention to the offense, the Cardinals were pleased to see that they had their pick of the entire offensive tackle class. Having locked up 26-year-old left tackle DJ Humphries with a recent contract extension, the Cardinals were specifically looking for someone who could come in and start at right tackle from day one. Mekhi Becton was tempting, and may have the highest upside of any of the tackles on the board. However, what Becton does NOT have is the proven production against top competition at right tackle that Wills presents. Tristan Wirfs was also a consideration, but our front office feels that his best position may ultimately be at guard. Having secured Wills and extended Humphries, the Cardinals feel they have taken a big step toward providing the protection Kyler Murray needs to become a franchise quarterback.

@wppete and the Jacksonville Jaguars are now on the clock.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

@Virgil

Sorry guys got caught out all day, didn't even know I was in on this... without further ado the NY Football Giants have traded their next 10 drafts evenly between Carolina for McCaffrey, Rams for Kupp and Steelers for TJ Watt.

gYV46gB.gif?noredirect

 

J/k 

 

We select Henry Ruggs III WR Bama 

 

We had a scenario where our left hand kept grabbing the gavel as we were about to pound it for Judge Jeudy and he would've easily been the pick but HRIII made me deliberate for a long hard time before I could settle. Ruggs III was the verdict, but believe me, the jury is still out on Jeudy...

 

Furthermore, Ruggs has a roman numeral in his name so on a tiebreaker you gotta give it to him... I kid, I loved Ruggs III ridiculous speed and Jeury was much slower while only being 2" taller, Jeudy had some problems with drops as he was focusing on RAC on some deep balls and we simply can't be hanging Daniel Jones out to dry on a big play. Ruggs III also had some great physicality to him, and it seemed like everything Jeudy can do, he can as well but much faster.

 

giphy.gif

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...