TSW Mock Draft 2.0 - Complete!

Virgil

52 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Sounds Jordan Matthews-ish

Yea. I think ceiling - Jarvis Landry type. And look, Landry is a good player, a productive receiver, but even knowing what we know now about his NFL career if you said to me "would you take Landry in the top 20 in a redraft?" The answer would be no. Right at the end of the first, maybe, but to me a player like that is really a 2nd rounder. 

29 minutes ago, quincy said:

In real life I'd wonder what Gettleman would do?

Okudah? Simmons? OT? Trade back with a team that wants a QB.

Or do something maverick and choose a WR

Gettleman is going trenches. OT I think. That would be Tristan Wirfs. Who incidentally I do think will be the Giants real life pick. 

46 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We really should just give him the highest ranked caucasian skill player and move on. 

This seems right.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Giants? I think Wirfs and Simmons are the names that we see the most

The 4 hours weren’t supposed to start until 5p.  We started the draft early.  

I’m going to give him until 7

• Thank you (+1) 1

@Virgil

Sorry guys got caught out all day, didn't even know I was in on this... without further ado the NY Football Giants have traded their next 10 drafts evenly between Carolina for McCaffrey, Rams for Kupp and Steelers for TJ Watt.

gYV46gB.gif?noredirect

J/k 

We select Henry Ruggs III WR Bama 

We had a scenario where our left hand kept grabbing the gavel as we were about to pound it for Judge Jeudy and he would've easily been the pick but HRIII made me deliberate for a long hard time before I could settle. Ruggs III was the verdict, but believe me, the jury is still out on Jeudy...

Furthermore, Ruggs has a roman numeral in his name so on a tiebreaker you gotta give it to him... I kid, I loved Ruggs III ridiculous speed and Jeury was much slower while only being 2" taller, Jeudy had some problems with drops as he was focusing on RAC on some deep balls and we simply can't be hanging Daniel Jones out to dry on a big play. Ruggs III also had some great physicality to him, and it seemed like everything Jeudy can do, he can as well but much faster.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

19 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

@Virgil

Sorry guys got caught out all day, didn't even know I was in on this... without further ado the NY Football Giants have traded their next 10 drafts evenly between Carolina for McCaffrey, Rams for Kupp and Steelers for TJ Watt.

gYV46gB.gif?noredirect

J/k 

We had a scenario where our left hand kept grabbing the gavel as we were about to pound it for Judge Jeudy and he would've easily been the pick but HRIII made me deliberate for a long hard time before I could settle. Ruggs III was the verdict, but believe me, the jury is still out on Jeudy...

Furthermore, Ruggs has a roman numeral in his name so on a tiebreaker you gotta give it to him... I kid, I loved Ruggs III ridiculous speed and Jeury was much slower while only being 2" taller, Jeudy had some problems with drops as he was focusing on RAC on some deep balls and we simply can't be hanging Daniel Jones out to dry on a big play. Ruggs III also had some great physicality to him, and it seemed like everything Jeudy can do, he can as well but much faster.

The first draft shocker (maybe just to me)......I like him, just don't know if I like him at 4.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

The first draft shocker (maybe just to me)......I like him, just don't know if I like him at 4.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

It would shock me more because a receiver at #4 does not feel like a Gettleman move. 

Ruggs feels like a mover in this draft. I wouldn’t be shocked (at all) if he were the 1st WR off the board. It just doesn’t feel like the Giants will be that team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

@Virgil

gYV46gB.gif?noredirect

J/k 

I love it personally, though I favor Jeudy over Ruggs but really can't go wrong with either IMO. FWIW, this is also who PFF believes the Giants should take.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I can dig Ruggs to the Giants. Why? Because can anyone name a truly dangerous receiver that plays for the Giants? Didn’t think so. Golden Tate is fine, but he’s not keeping defensive coordinators up at night. Now, If defenses want to stack the box to stop Barkley, Ruggs will make them pay.

The Giants need to help their young QB, and I’m inclined to think OT is the position Gettleman would target to do that. But if it’s WR instead? Still makes sense to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I love it personally, though I favor Jeudy over Ruggs but really can't go wrong with either IMO. FWIW, this is also who PFF believes the Giants should take.

Well, that's the kiss of death. It's like finding out Eddie Mush just bet one the same horse as you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

If I had been in on these for the past 10 years you would get to see the Bills hire me as Co-GM with Beane or at least assistant to Beane. I covet the same kind of players he does, Kuechly, McCaffrey, we'd be on the same page for sure.

That being said this year there was nobody I am drooling over quite like the past 10 years. Ruggs III, Jeudy, other than that I'm kind of bored. Had there been an OT like Lewan this year I definitely wouldn't have hesitated.

It just so happens that this Dolphins GM is not a big believer in Tua or any QB not named Burrow with the 5th pick.

With the 5th pick, the Miami Dolphins select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Well, that's the kiss of death. It's like finding out Eddie Mush just bet one the same horse as you. 

I'm not sure PFF can be any worse decision making wise than Gettleman to be honest lol

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It just so happens that this Dolphins GM is not a big believer in Tua or any QB not named Burrow with the 5th pick.

With the 5th pick, the Miami Dolphins select Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

Oh wow!! That changes everything!! This draft is drunk.

Edited by Kirby Jackson