There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

Just now, PelotonBillsFan said:

It’s a conspiracy bro.

This global pandemic was designed by Hillary and Obama to take back the White House.

dontchyaknow?

strange take, hot, but strange

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, PelotonBillsFan said:

Alex Jones and @Deranged Rhino (aka YOU) Is my right hand man 

Ignore list just keeps getting longer and longer.  Going to need to inject some fish cleaner in my computer to rid it of these viruses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Tiberius as designed by a leftist think tank.  They are putting a lot of effort into bluing up WNY.

Saw my first two Trump 2020 signs within a mile of my house (ok, one was on the next block, the other the next subdivision). I live in a purple area that did vote for Trump in 2016, but there were almost no signs for him back then. Should be interesting to see what happens this time around.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m a California based architect, and I’ve been on construction sites almost every day since the shutdowns began two months ago. The hard working construction crews never shut down. They’ve been out there every day, working in very close proximity to each other, touching everything in sight from tools to ladders, and yes often breathing hard. Masks have been warn by the vast majority. We’ve not had one reported incident on the DOZEN or so project sites that I oversee.

Not all of us have been locked down.

I understand that.

NYC construction is frozen in place. I don’t know about Wisconsin. My point is that there are a lot of people who will want to invite their employees and customers back, and there will be a lot of people who take them up on that invitation.  There will also be a lot of people who will probably keep their businesses closed for awhile longer, as well as employees and customers who take a more cautious approach.  

All we ever get are anecdotal reports of protesters and shamers. To me, 10,000, even 100,000 protesters don’t represent everyone.  Just like the many people who chose to stay home, and the people who sniff disapprovingly at the protesters.

20 minutes ago, PelotonBillsFan said:

It’s a conspiracy bro.

This global pandemic was designed by Hillary and Obama to take back the White House.

dontchyaknow?

In what way does a comment like this drive the topic of the conversation? You responded to a well thought post with gibberish — perhaps to make a juvenile point?

This is how you get your jollies? Sad. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PelotonBillsFan said:

☝️Such cupcakes in here lmao... I won’t miss you @Deranged Rhino - we know you have numerous handles here. 

I have two. My original which still exists but hasn't been active since Karlos got his nickname, and this one. 

But it's nice to know I'm living rent free in your empty dome ;) :beer: 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, snafu said:

In what way does a comment like this drive the topic of the conversation? You responded to a well thought post with gibberish — perhaps to make a juvenile point?

This is how you get your jollies? Sad. 

oh but the deep state forced Flynn to lie?

got it.

love how hard RUSSIA and Trump & co are trying mighty hard to rewrite history AND place blame on Obama. 

like any undecided or dem voter will all of sudden disregard the past three years of hell and vote for the likes of MoscowMitch and PutinsBitch.

Que the almighty Deranged in 3-2-1...

????‍♂️??‍♀️?‼️

• Haha (+1) 1

The thing I really don't quite understand is, what is the specific, quantifiable goal that the continued shut downers are trying to achieve.  I've heard a wide range:

- Until a vaccine is available - Newsome

- If we can save one life - Cuomo

- Until the science says so - countless people

The first two are quantifiable yet so absurd.  The last one doesn't really mean anything.  If Remainers (outside of Newsome and Cuomo's absurd standard) maintain that we need to balance opening with strict mitigation, then what is the standard or goal we are optimizing for using these models?  Is it a death rate?  Is it an absolute number of deaths?  Is it infection rates and hospitalizations?  A combination of those and if so, what are the metrics they are hoping to attain? 

This is what leads me to believe they have absolutely no idea what they are doing because the only outcome it seems they are trying to achieve is complete minimization of the virus without regard for any other consideration.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dubs said:

The thing I really don't quite understand is, what is the specific, quantifiable goal that the continued shut downers are trying to achieve.  I've heard a wide range:

The first two are quantifiable yet so absurd.  The last one doesn't really mean anything.  If Remainers (outside of Newsome and Cuomo's absurd standard) maintain that we need to balance opening with strict mitigation, then what is the standard or goal we are optimizing for using these models?  Is it a death rate?  Is it an absolute number of deaths?  Is it infection rates and hospitalizations?  A combination of those and if so, what are the metrics they are hoping to attain? 

This is what leads me to believe they have absolutely no idea what they are doing because the only outcome it seems they are trying to achieve is complete minimization of the virus without regard for any other consideration.  

Get Trump out of office. 

Full stop.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts Barred From Placing Flags At Veterans’ Cemeteries On Memorial Day

by Hank Berrien

Original Article

The Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts who have traditionally placed American flags on the graves of veterans at veterans’ cemeteries on Memorial Day have been barred from doing so because of the coronavirus crisis. The Scouts cannot perform their acts of honor because the Department of Veteran’s Affairs has banned public events at the sites, Fox News reports, adding, “On Long Island, N.Y., where more than 500,000 veterans are buried at two national military cemeteries, there are demands for the VA to reconsider and rescind the ban.” Suffolk County executive Steve Bellone told Fox News

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

No need for me to be specific when you link every twitter take from the leading far right conspiracists on a daily basis. 

There is a need. You claimed that Russia and Trump are trying to re-write history. What history? What happened in 2016 in your own words. Go.

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Given that Cuomo and Newsome are opening their states, you can read their concerns as showing concern for people, not holding them hostage with unreasonable goals in mind. 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There is a need. You claimed that Russia and Trump are trying to re-write history. What history? What happened in 2016 in your own words. Go.

Trump colluded with Russia. 

It happened and no link or tweet of yours will change my mind.

3 minutes ago, shoshin said:

Given that Cuomo and Newsome are opening their states, you can read their concerns as showing concern for people, not holding them hostage with unreasonable goals in mind. 

They are not opening.  Using 7 standards and waiting periods per county isn't opening, with the threat of closing back down if things go back.

So again, I am not asking what the process is, but what specific outcome is being optimized for in their models?  They keep referencing the models, but they are just showing infection rates, hospitalizations, deaths.  That's data, not a model.  A model is used to inform a decision to influence a future outcome.  They have inputs and outputs and goals to optimize for.  I am simply asking, what are the goals they are trying to achieve and how are they quantifying it.

• Like (+1) 2

"It happened". 

What evidence do you have that contradicts Mueller's findings? Or three House committees? Or the Senate's? Please share it, you must have something good that no one else has discovered in 4 years of looking and multiple probes. 

image.jpeg.f7aa94250bd11828d1230bc9df892cf2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, PelotonBillsFan said:

In other words.

"FACTS BE DAMNED!

I am a mouth-breathing partisan who will only believe what I want to believe.

HARUMPHHHHH!!"

Edited by Magox
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

They are not opening.  Using 7 standards and waiting periods per county isn't opening, with the threat of closing back down if things go back.

So again, I am not asking what the process is, but what specific outcome is being optimized for in their models?  They keep referencing the models, but they are just showing infection rates, hospitalizations, deaths.  That's data, not a model.  A model is used to inform a decision to influence a future outcome.  They have inputs and outputs and goals to optimize for.  I am simply asking, what are the goals they are trying to achieve and how are they quantifying it.

NYS is pretty much using the CDC guidelines put out by the administration. Those guidelines are excellent. 

Screen-Shot-2020-05-13-at-9.39.25-PM.png

SHOCK: WISCONSIN SUPREME COURT ‘NUKED THE LOCKDOWNS,’ BUSINESSES CAN REOPEN.

“While the Journal-Sentinel claimed that the court ‘struck down Gov. Tony Evers’ order,’ the very first line of the opinion, written by Chief Justice Patience Roggensack, contradicts this claim. ‘This case is about the assertion of power by one unelected official, Andrea Palm, and her order to all people within Wisconsin to remain in their homes, not to travel and to close all businesses that she declares are not ‘essential’ in Emergency Order 28. Palm says that failure to obey Order 28 subjects the transgressor to imprisonment for 30 days, a $250 fine or both. This case is not about Governor Tony Evers’ Emergency Order or the powers of the Governor,’ Roggensack argues.”

• Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Even if 1/4 of this happened, it's way too much but carry on liberal.

Trump’s Russia Cover-Up By the Numbers – 272 contacts with Russia-linked operatives

It's the Moscow Project -- a source which has proven to be wrong about everything they've written on this subject. :lol: 

But please note #56 on the list, Joseph Mifsud. It's claimed he's a Russian intelligence officer -- but we now know for a fact he was a member of the Clinton Foundation and a western spook. 

... So if they got that very big fact wrong, how can you put stock in anything they say? 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, dubs said:

Yes, the goals haven’t been clearly articulated by the politicians.  And when they have, the finish line keeps getting pushed back. The reasoning has been provided by science experts.

Most of the politicians haven’t spent a day in the private sector. I get the fact that they have hard decisions to make, I just hope they’re balancing everything correctly. It doesn’t appear so, at least not to me.

Most of the science experts can’t see outside their empirical bubble. And even though the’ve been given the reins to make governing decisions, they weren’t elected by anyone. I’m hoping that there’s not too much weight on their advice.  

At at the end of the day, these are humans making hard decisions. It would be nice if they could articulate their reasonable end game. And it would be even nicer if politics could be removed from the equation. But that second one is a pipe dream.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1