There should be a national dialogue in getting back to work

Magox

55 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

What is he playing at? Trying to bankrupt his state?

The irony is this dude won't hesitate to call in the national guard as he cowers deep inside the governors mansion. 

He doesn't like your guns but you will respect his. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

House Appropriations Committee member Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, discusses precautions for reopening the economy and offering additional aid to small business.

6:30

We are trying to help the post office so we can potentially have mail in ballots for election...

They are trying to drag this out so they can cheat?  That is absolutely awful. Never let a crisis go to waste, indeed.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/v/6151284187001/

• Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t know about far better, that’s a stretch. Somewhat or slightly better , perhaps but there was no way this wasn’t going to cause economic havoc. The economy was doing very well before this virus was unleashed on the world by China. The sooner we start digging out, the better. 

All I'm saying is if we were running balanced budgets for the last 25 years, we'd be handling this situation like millionaires instead of out of work dishwashers.  

6 minutes ago, B-Man said:

2YLFtnt.jpg

If anyone that wanted a test could get a test, we'd be able to tell who was sick and who was healthy.  I'm not saying we'd have a test for everyone even if he did order it right away, but I think this was what he should have used war powers for.  The sooner we get tests the better.

• Like (+1) 1

are things going to get worse before they get better? regardless, it's going to be a long haul.

Massive layoffs and pay cuts are likely coming to state and local governments as federal aid goes elsewhere

WASHINGTON — State and local governments are warning of a wave of layoffs and pay cuts after getting left out of the federal coronavirus relief package expected to pass Congress this week.

In many places, those painful reductions are already taking shape:

• Los Angeles plans to force city workers to spend 26 days on unpaid leave as revenues are forecast to drop as much as $600 million next fiscal year.
  • Detroit has proposed laying off 200 workers and furloughing thousands more.
  • In Ohio’s Hamilton County, Commissioner Denise Driehaus is taking a 10% pay cut alongside county workers.

“We are really struggling,” Driehaus said.

The $2.2 trillion emergency legislation known as the CARES Act, which President Donald Trump signed late last month, included $150 billion in direct help for state and local governments grappling with the impact of the deadly outbreak. Democrats pushed to include another $150 billion in the next tranche of aid, but Republicans sought to keep the bill narrowly focused on support for small business.

By Tuesday night, Democrats yielded on their demand. The Senate passed the legislation by unanimous consent — without additional help for state and local governments. The House is slated to vote Thursday, and Trump is expected to sign it. ...

• Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, daz28 said:

If anyone that wanted a test could get a test, we'd be able to tell who was sick and who was healthy.  I'm not saying we'd have a test for everyone even if he did order it right away, but I think this was what he should have used war powers for.  The sooner we get tests the better.

So that would tell us who is infected today, but any of us might be infected 4 days from now . I understand the need for the antibody test to see what % of the population has already been infected. It’s going to be much higher than the currently known cases. Perhaps we might be able to isolate some asymptomatic positives, but that will be challenging to say the least. What would you like to see achieved with more testing? 

Government Goes Too Far

by John Stossel

Original Article

I'm "social distancing." I stay away from people. I do it voluntarily. There's a big difference between voluntary -- and force. Government is force. The media want more of that. "Ten states have no stay-at-home orders!" complains Don Lemon On CNN. "Some governors are still refusing to take action!" Fox News' host Steve Hilton agreed. "Shut things down! Everywhere. That includes Utah, Wyoming..." But wait a second. People in Utah and Wyoming already socially distanced just by living there. Why must Utah and Wyoming have the same stay-at-home rules as New York? I find it creepy how eager some people are for authorities to boss us around.

https://m.facebook.com/KGET17News/videos/live-local-doctor-from-accelerated-urgent-care-gives-his-take-on-covid-19-in-ker/537566680274166/?__so__=permalink&__rv__=related_videos

This news conference is from yesterday. Two docs who are on the front lines using all the numbers collected to date. Respectfully answer some pointed questions from reporters.  

Starting to go viral. Must watch video.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

...what happens as testing increases and asymptotics exponentially expand the denominator to dilute the death rate %?.......even if, IF the dilution rate drops below a normal flu season, what is the benefit of launching widespread criticism, albeit principally political ( A SHOCKER) going forward and what the hell is the benefit?....we currently have numbers but have a long way to go for correlative data, yet releasing purported studies exacerbates the panic mode IMO.......but....I am a layperson and not a scientist.....