One Flu over the Cuckoo's Nest (Conspiracy Theories)

Foxx

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, you people that follow Trump are rock hard stupid. No offense, but the right wing media can get you guys to believe anything. For instance, can you tell me how many people Hillary personally had murdered? Round number is fine. Careful here now, other right wing crazies will see your answer, so you can't dismiss this as not serious. 

Go! 

the obvious answer is, 42 you lemming. everyone knows the answer to everything is, 42. 

1 minute ago, Crayola64 said:

some of us choose to not engage with internet conspiracists on their “thoughts” because LOL

you.

FilthyIllinformedFrogmouth-size_restrict

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Foxx said:

seems to imply? here let me quote for you the very first two sentences: "i'm not saying the Kung Flu is a hoax and i am also not saying it is the world ending event some would have you believe. i honestly do not know exactly what this thing is." my query here is 100% completely serious. why aren't we seeing the same images we saw in China and Iran of people keeling over in the streets? seems like we should now be seeing that in the US, don't you think?

It will turn out to be like a very bad flu, when all is said and done. Shutting down life as we know it is a massive overreaction. This thing isn’t going to simply vanish. Focus on increasing capacity of hospitals for the short term with makeshift facilities etc, and that’s that. Most people that get this aren’t going to be greatly affected. The local reporting on new cases when they pop up is ridiculous because far more people out there actually have it or have had it. There’s hardly any testing , so tracking these cases as if they are lepers is idiocy. All of us have friends , family and acquaintances that will test positive for this. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It will turn out to be like a very bad flu, when all is said and done. Shutting down life as we know it is a massive overreaction. This thing isn’t going to simply vanish. Focus on increasing capacity of hospitals for the short term with makeshift facilities etc, and that’s that. Most people that get this aren’t going to be greatly affected. The local reporting on new cases when they pop up is ridiculous because far more people out there actually have it or have had it. There’s hardly any testing , so tracking these cases as if they are lepers is idiocy. All of us have friends , family and acquaintances that will test positive for this. 

to my way of thinking, regardless of the actual severity of the Corona Beer, we are not going to be returning to Kansas anytime soon.

if there was an over reaction by TPTB and they needlessly crashed the economy, there are going to be some severely pissed off people. how they express their displeasure is going to be interesting to see. conversely, if it is worse and we experience a significant fatality rate, there is going to be an equally irate response the other way.

what about if this thing is severe and it drags on for 6/8 moths or heaven forbid a year? there is no way in hell the JIT supply system will stand up to that kind of stress. things would get very ugly in this last scenario.

Edited by Foxx

51 minutes ago, Crayola64 said:

lololol!  You are a moron who enjoys peddling internet conspiracies.  Have funnnnnn

right. because not questioning your government has always been a good practice to employ. serious question did you just crawl out from under some rock or perhaps just fall off the turnip truck? maybe this is your first rodeo?

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

alternative title: Corona Beer Skeptics. Would you like Lyme with that? 

okay... i'm not saying the Kung Flu is a hoax and i am also not saying it is the world ending event some would have you believe. i honestly do not know exactly what this thing is. we simply have way to much disinformation out and about and too little actual hard factual evidence to make a well informed, educated conclusion from. certain things are becoming more and more clear as we move along in time but as yet... knowing exactly what this thing is is impossible right now.

as an example of things i am looking at, to give a better insight to what is actually happening (being i am naturally highly skeptical of the 'official word'), i wonder why somethings are not like others. what i mean is that here in the US we should be approaching the point where we should be seeing images, if not already there. anyone who has been following this down here in the dungeon should remember the vivid images of victims keeling over while walking down the street, faceplanting on the sidewalk or in hospital corridors in China, Iran and selected other places. 

damn near everyone in the US has a phone so there is really no way that TPTB could reasonably suppress these images from escaping into the wilds. hell, even China couldn't do that. please do not misunderstand me here, in no way do i want to see these things but, all things being equal, should we not be seeing things like this in the US?

This won't age well. 

Are you saying that you don't believe that hospitals are already having tragic shortages of basic supplies? Medical workers are not already coming down with this?

Do you understand how an exponential (or something akin to it--I'd love for the leveling off to happen quickly as some reports may indicate) works? Do you understand that we are only at the beginning of this and that is why we don't have a massive buildup of cases yet?  

Were you one of those people saying last week, "What's the big deal, there are only 40 cases so far?"

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, shoshin said:

This won't age well. 

Are you saying that you don't believe that hospitals are already having tragic shortages of basic supplies? Medical workers are not already coming down with this?

Do you understand how an exponential (or something akin to it--I'd love for the leveling off to happen quickly as some reports may indicate) works? Do you understand that we are only at the beginning of this and that is why we don't have a massive buildup of cases yet?  

Were you one of those people saying last week, "What's the big deal, there are only 40 cases so far?"

umm... do you have an issue with reading comprehension? 

i am not a woman, i don't speak figuratively, i mean exactly what i say.

(don't beat me up @Buffalo_Gal)

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

If there was justice in the universe, rather than culling the elderly, this virus would cull our world of the idiots.  Please God, start with those that continue to claim that this is all overblown.

Relax Bob. ...or not.  It's all up to you.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

I'll tell you what's overblown. It's that people actually think that marijuana can cure diseases. 

Man, don't be such a hater. Just light up a blunt and feel the healing magic!

8e3bfdf5d9393c5dcc453f51db8b2137.380x193

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

If there was justice in the universe, rather than culling the elderly, this virus would cull our world of the idiots.  Please God, start with those that continue to claim that this is all overblown.

Come back from the edge, Bob. You're one of the useful idiots. 

I don't think it's overblown, but when I hear people starting to talk about a 30 days quarantine being six months, or 18 months, I become disturbed that no one is attempting to calculate the human toll on intentionally smashing the global economy into dust.

How many people are going to die as a result of financial ruin?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, you people that follow Trump are rock hard stupid. No offense, but the right wing media can get you guys to believe anything. For instance, can you tell me how many people Hillary personally had murdered? Round number is fine. Careful here now, other right wing crazies will see your answer, so you can't dismiss this as not serious. 

Go! 

No offense?  You agreed with a guy that wished people dead and further clarified who you thought should die.

I was just thinking about this and was going to post this in the main COVID 19 thread, but then I saw this one and i think it fits better here. You don’t have to think this, or any other news story for that matter, is hoax for it to give you pause on how dependent we are on others for information, and how those others may or may not have our best interest at heart. I’ve been following the story enough for it to feel like I’m informed, but when I stop and think about it I realize I haven’t seen the virus under a microscope to know what it looks like or observe its behavior in human tissue, and I haven’t studied anyone sick to track how they got it or who they may have spread it to in their social circle. Not only that, I haven’t even read peer reviewed scientific journal articles on those subjects. I also haven’t seen any people who have died from it, and don’t even personally know anyone  who is sick or has tested positive. In that respect, I realize I don’t actually know anything about it, other than what media outlets and various national, state, and local governments want and allow me to know. The vast majority of people are in the same boat as what I just described, and to me that’s an unsettling realization, even if you don’t believe they’re making it all up or it part of some larger conspiracy. 

• Awesome! (+1) 4

All anyone has to offer in the way of information are hunches. The medical and scientific communities are still coming to grips with this, while everyone else is either clamoring for answers, dispensing opinions, or making doomsday predictions. 

As far as I'm concerned, there's plenty to be concerned about. I'm in my early 60's, with COPD and type 2 diabetes. I'm staying at home, having my groceries delivered, and keeping everyone else the hell away from me. 

This may not be that big a deal to most, but it is to me. Until I learn otherwise, I'm watching and waiting, looking after myself, and keeping everyone else both at arm's length and in my prayers. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s not a hoax , and Trump has done a good job to date. Governors, on the other hand are giving  heavy handed declarations and letting power go to their heads. People are surrendering freedoms with nary a peep, then tweeting out public shaming and virtue signaling. The liberal mantra is “ everyone must suffer and be punished”. The shutdowns are a major overreaction , and we will find many many folks who test positive for this who have little to no symptoms. The vulnerable should be the ones restricting themselves from others, not the other way around. May not be PC, but the liberal goal is to unleash panic and use it to advance the cause of universal health care. 

I agree qith this 100%. Some think you should die. I dont. Was just thinking about 9/11 and the freedoms we gave up then. This isnt going to end well if we dont end it soon.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Azalin said:

All anyone has to offer in the way of information are hunches. The medical and scientific communities are still coming to grips with this, while everyone else is either clamoring for answers, dispensing opinions, or making doomsday predictions. 

As far as I'm concerned, there's plenty to be concerned about. I'm in my early 60's, with COPD and type 2 diabetes. I'm staying at home, having my groceries delivered, and keeping everyone else the hell away from me. 

This may not be that big a deal to most, but it is to me. Until I learn otherwise, I'm watching and waiting, looking after myself, and keeping everyone else both at arm's length and in my prayers. 

Good luck my friend.  That’s clearly the smart play, and very sorry to hear about your health issues. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Good luck my friend.  That’s clearly the smart play, and very sorry to hear about your health issues. 

Thanks, but none of my health issues are too serious, and haven't been an issue until now. As long as I can avoid developing symptoms, I'm certain I'll be fine. 

That said, oak pollen season is just beginning to ramp up, my car is sitting under a thick, green layer of the stuff, and everyone in Austin is wondering if what they feel is allergies or something worse. 

• Like (+1) 4