Who Wins More Games in 2020 - Bucs or Pats

On ESPN it's been All Brady All the Time, however, they posed an interesting question on one of those yelling shows (as the lady of the house calls them)...

Now that Tommy Boy is in Tampa...which team wins more games in 2020?  The Brady-less Pats or TB led TB?  

Edited by inthebuff

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

Buccs will win 10-11

Pats will win between 6 and 9

10-11 for the Bucs is being kind of generous. They still have to play against New Orleans and Atlanta. And we don’t know well a 43 year old QB is going to play in a entirely new system plus he’s playing with a whole new WR Corps he’s never thrown to before. There is definitely going to be a lot of growing pains. Your Pats prediction is more realistic although I say 5-6 wins for the pats

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

10-11 for the Bucs is being kind of generous. They still have to play against New Orleans and Atlanta. And we don’t know well a 43 year old QB is going to play in a entirely new system plus he’s playing with a whole new WR Corps he’s never thrown to before. There is definitely going to be a lot of growing pains. Your Pats prediction is more realistic although I say 5-6 wins for the pats

I read that the Buccs lost 7 games by one score, in which Winston had 18 turnovers. I think with league average QB play they are a very solid team and Brady's brain is what drove his success more than his body, so I think it's gonna be fun to watch (and finally harmless to the Bills)

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, arcane said:

I read that the Buccs lost 7 games by one score, in which Winston had 18 turnovers. I think with league average QB play they are a very solid team and Brady's brain is what drove his success more than his body, so I think it's gonna be fun to watch (and finally harmless to the Bills)

Yeah I think Tampa is a playoff team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

The Bucs are absolutely loaded.  The NFC is tough but they're good for 11 wins.  Depends who plays QB for the Pats but I have a hard time seeing them getting to 11 wins regardless.  I would go with the Bucs and it's not particularly close.

Arians is a proven offensive coach and will communicate with Brady as well as McDaniels did to have a great offensive plan..  The real challenge is can Brady still play at an elite level.  He'll be ultra motivated for sure but it's about can he physically still do everything.

Going to be very interesting for sure.

In saying that, I agree that the Patriots are in real trouble.  That's not just brash talk from a Bills fan hoping for their demise.  They're not talented on offense and without the continuity Brady brought, it's going to be a difficult transition.

Edited by White Linen

Very hard to say at this time.

Brady and the Bucs have way more offensive talent, but Arians loves high flying passes going all over - a la Winston, Palmer, etc.  Big armed guys slinging it all over.  Can Brady do that?  He seems to believe he can and wants to prove it, but that to me means more QB hits and from what I saw last year - I am not sure his arm is up to it.

Depending upon Brady’s arm and deep accuracy both of which I have begun to question, the Bucs could be anywhere from a 6 win to an 11 win team.

The Pats offense looks bare, but they still support a top flight defense that has lost a few pieces - we will see if in the draft they can replace.  Until we see a more complete roster - they could be anywhere from a 5 win to a 12 win team - I just don’t know.

My best guess is that they are pretty close right around 8-8 and we see both can’t win without the other right now.

overthecap  has Pats*   at $3M  cap space

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

spotrac  has them at $12M  space left   , Brady stuck it to them alright ,  thank you  Tom ?

2020 Dead Cap   Tom Brady    QB    -    $13,500,000    signing bonus

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/cap/

Edited by ALF

I think you have to take the Bucs, at least until we know what the Patriots are going to look like next season. They still have a path to being good but it's obviously much more difficult now. The Bucs will likely be a powerhouse on paper at least. We'll see how it all comes together but I would tend to think they should be a double-digit win team this season.

• Like (+1) 1