BuffaloHokie13

Projected 55* & Roster Discussion (FA)

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't either. Who from the cut/ps list are you suggesting instead? It's a starting point that will change as we sign (and draft) more players. I'd like more secondary, but we don't have anyone else under contract. 

Well it's obvious several of their draft picks will be making the roster so I'd likely say they would come from there

25 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Well it's obvious several of their draft picks will be making the roster so I'd likely say they would come from there

Right. I plan on updating the OP as we sign and draft players. The current post is just what we currently have. I figured it'd help everyone focus on what they actually think we should pursue 🙂

Wouldn’t it be something, I mean truly amazing if the jaw-dropping preseason performance we saw in Wade transfers to him having learned enough during his ‘training camp’ to make the 55? 

I think we’re already striking fear in the League with Singletary, Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Dawson & Allen and a solid OL. Imagine Wade bursting onto the scene with consistent thrilling play in the Regular Season! 

Gives me the chills. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hokie ... long snapper is always a concern so Reid Ferguson better know I have my eye on him. Otherwise RB, bleck. Singletary seems like he's done at 10 carries for some reason and theres nothing behind him.  I'd also wack Jason pegula

Good job.

I've heard said that Mike Love was having a really good camp last yr until he got hurt & was wondering if he might beat out Murph if he comes back & continues to show he's playing better others on the team ?

Given the talk of Murph being cut to free up some added cap room & until the end of last season him being very lack luster in his roll on the D he has a great motor but if Love can prove his worth at a lessor price could Murph be collateral damage ??

This will be the best roster since the SB days.

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

pretty sure we resigned LaAdrian Waddle too

Haven't seen anything official and he isn't listed on our roster yet. Please post confirmation if you find it!

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's crazy to look at and realize we aren't even through the value portion of FA or the draft yet!

On 3/18/2020 at 6:54 AM, billsfan_34 said:

Lee Smith is as good as gone. Tough to carry 4 TE’s and 6 WR’s. Too much talent for him to stick and Duke will win out over Lee Smith all day as he can play a hybrid role in a pinch or be the big bodied receiver we need. 

Josh Norman is a corner. Say goodbye to Jaquan Johnson. 

Our punter was erratic last season- the Bills will bring in 2 legs to compete for the starting job. 

Yeldon was in the doghouse last year. Expect the Bills to draft a pounding back or grab one via FA. See ya Yeldon.

8 LB’s on the 53? Hmmmmm 

Agree on all counts. There's no way Lee Smith stays on this team over players like Sweeney & Duke. And clearly obd moved on from Yeldon last year. He also will be upgraded. We have to bring in 2 new punters to replace Bozo. Sean will keep extra LB's because of his system. 

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree on all counts. There's no way Lee Smith stays on this team over players like Sweeney & Duke. And clearly obd moved on from Yeldon last year. He also will be upgraded. We have to bring in 2 new punters to replace Bozo. Sean will keep extra LB's because of his system. 

💯- as the talent is stacked the less talented fall off- in this case Yeldon and Smith are gone. Bozo may be the most erratic punter ever in a Bills uniform. We must upgrade the P position.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

updated with McKenzie. 

Glad he is back. Much prefer him to Foster and Duke. 

• Like (+1) 1

Was reading an column in the Athletic today and it made an interesting point.  It talked about how the top 3 slots are all set, but depth remains a question and also addressed that WR is one of the positions that takes the longest for a rookie to come up to speed, but with getting Diggs they don't need a rookie to contribute much.  Also talked about a few FA names they could still sign.  Nothing really new there!

But did get me thinking, assuming the Bills do draft a WR in 2020 would he be add more as a backup rookie than a McKenzie, Foster, or Williams, maybe,maybe not.  So what as this article suggested if they draft a guy like South Carolina’s Bryan Edwards who was hurt so his draft slot will drop as result.  Maybe he's ready to go, maybe not, so could stash him on IR for a year to develop without taking up a roster spot. On the other hand if prior to week 1 someone else gets hurt and out for the season, could keep him active.  Or he clearly is better than the 3 names I mentioned as backups, you keep him active.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/20/2020 at 11:03 AM, njbuff said:

Kelly

Thomas

Smith

Reed

Lofton

Levy

Not sure this roster has 6 future HOFer's.

Plus a borderline in Tasker.

They are pretty complete though.👍

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Kelly

Thomas

Smith

Reed

Lofton

Levy

Not sure this roster has 6 future HOFer's.

Plus a borderline in Tasker.

They are pretty complete though.👍

The talent is there for the 2020 Bills.

We shall see if it comes together and is a SB contender.

Not too shabby...and we haven’t drafted a single player yet! Some talented guys are going to get cut and then quickly snatched up by other teams.

• Like (+1) 1

You have a strong roster for who is currently a Bill- I am surprised we have no real backup ILB on roster and I assume that will be addressed relatively quickly. But I like that team.

Dude we are so stacked!!!! I've never seen a Bill's team this good on paper.

And the cap looks solid next year right now. Draft will hopefully fill in RB, WR, Edge, and another CB. What do you think about bringing in Flacco @ 8 Million on a one year deal. Just in case 🧐