Bills trade for Diggs - jw no discussions on a restructure

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I personally would make him play his first season here under his current contract. Why in the world would you renegotiate a contract with 4 years still on it? Show me you're all in. Show me you're a team player and not the diva you're made out to be. Put up the numbers and after the season we talk extension.

Extension? He’s under contract through 2023. The only change would be a restructuring to convert base salary into guaranteed money.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is interesting.

The Bills are going all in RIGHT NOW because they know Allen is not going to get a second contract and if they are ever going to do anything with the team to justify their jobs, it has to be NOW.

So they are loading up everything they can and gearing up for one (or 2) massive roll(s) of the dice.

LOLOLOLOL ROFLMAO

Josh Allen is going to be the Bills' QB for (at least) the next ten years.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

You've had some incomprehensibly bad takes, but this one is next level inane

Is this based on anything, or gut feeling?

My guess is straight racism. 

Despite what some people are saying/thinking about Diggs not being a "Bills type" player consider this:  No matter who was his OC, HC or QB the guy ALWAYS produces. He grumbled a couple times? So what? He continued to DELIVER on the field. Never has held out during the season, what makes people think that will start now?

I'm thinking the coaches, his teammates and the fan base will LOVE this guy.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Extension? He’s under contract through 2023. The only change would be a restructuring to convert base salary into guaranteed money.

....and his entire 2020 salary became guaranteed yesterday.  No need to do anything this year.

19 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The kiss of death. An eball prediction....

They've been pretty damned spot on for a couple of years, pal.

Just admit you're not a Bills fan and move on.  The Jets bandwagon is heating up!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

This is fun to watch... 4:41 is awesome.

This is a way more impactful trade than say, Mario Williams. This is more like acquiring Cornelius Bennett.

I remember that trade on Halloween 1987.

Everyone was talking up Eric Dickerson to the Colts and the Rams getting all those draft picks, but, EASILY, the most impactful part of that entire trade was Bennett's on the Bills and it isn't even close.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Ok bandit, restructure.

It was really early when I posted. ?

Diggs is only 26 years old. If he does well an extension of a year or two that front loads and enables an easy out if he under performs in the future is not a bad idea.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ok bandit, restructure.

It was really early when I posted. ?

Diggs is only 26 years old. If he does well an extension of a year or two that front loads and enables an easy out if he under performs in the future is not a bad idea.

Lol now Bills fans know what front loading is they use it every time they talk about contracts now.

"You know simple frontloading of contracts". Hahahahaha

Edited by Hardhatharry

11 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I personally would make him play his first season here under his current contract. Why in the world would you renegotiate a contract with 4 years still on it? Show me you're all in. Show me you're a team player and not the diva you're made out to be. Put up the numbers and after the season we talk extension.

it really should be this simple. and i am sure Mr Beane had that talk with Stephon before the contract. That Diggs accepted gladly. Or so it appears :D

13 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Lol now Bills fans know what front loading is they use it every time they talk about contracts now.

" team friendly"

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

The idea of front-loading contracts is simple. You pay a player for his good years and as the contract goes on, the salary decreases. The concept is not meant to save anyone money and it does decrease short term payroll flexibility, but can benefit a team in the latter years of a deal.

Is that how it works Harry? Maybe you can elaborate more for the rest of us simple Bills fans.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

The idea of front-loading contracts is simple. You pay a player for his good years and as the contract goes on, the salary decreases. The concept is not meant to save anyone money and it does decrease short term payroll flexibility, but can benefit a team in the latter years of a deal.

Is that how it works Harry? Maybe you can elaborate more for the rest of us simple Bills fans.

Hey man let's front load every contract it's Soo easy lol

Just funny when people see it happened a couple times it should be done every time.

Edited by Hardhatharry

3 minutes ago, Hardhatharry said:

Hey man let's front load every contract it's Soo easy lol

Just funny when people see it happened a couple times it should be done every time.

Every time? No. Though I'm sure all teams would love that during negotiations.

In Diggs' case it's easier because he is already contractually obligated and under team control for the next 4 years. 

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

I remember that trade on Halloween 1987.

Everyone was talking up Eric Dickerson to the Colts and the Rams getting all those draft picks, but, EASILY, the most impactful part of that entire trade was Bennett's on the Bills and it isn't even close.

that 1st yr i thought bennett was gonna become an all time great...he was freakishly good..like an LT. But i dont think in the long run that he had the drive.

still an excellent career

16 minutes ago, Tcali said:

that 1st yr i thought bennett was gonna become an all time great...he was freakishly good..like an LT. But i dont think in the long run that he had the drive.

still an excellent career

He carried the defense in 1991 when Bruce Smith was on the mend.

That 1991 D did give up a lot of yards and some points, but Bennett spear-headed a defense that was a turnover machine, paired with an all time great O.