PFF - Jags and Minshew were more efficient on offense than Bills & Allen

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

WTF?? That’s a joke right? Or do you just have a personal agenda against Allen?

He is allowed to have a personal opinion we disagree with.

Doesn't necessarily mean it's an agenda

27 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

In the same way you haven't figured out what a competent QB even looks like.

Now THIS, is looking like an agenda.

1 hour ago, BigBillsFan said:

Only the approved orthodoxy of the masses can be spoken here. The question was asked and I answered honestly from my own perspective.

Honestly you guys are so touchy about the subject it's almost laughable.

I'd have more sympathy for the honesty of your own perspective if you could manage to express it without the regular periodic indulgence in rotomontade.

You're still here.  If your statement were correct, you would not be.

12 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

In the same way you haven't figured out what a competent QB even looks like.

Right. So I’ll take that to mean you haven’t. You will enhance your understanding of the game when you do. 

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Now THIS, is looking like an agenda.

I'd have more sympathy for the honesty of your own perspective if you could manage to express it without the indulgence in rotomontade

Reef asked a question. I answered it.

As to the rodomontade (not "roto") I'm not looking for sympathy. I expressed my view, got flamed, and I was responding back in the same sarcasm shown to me. No biggie.

Since we're in the mood to use esoteric Italian words why is it some people can use lalochezia towards people they disagree with and that is not an agenda but if I use a little sarcasm its rodomontade?

Edited by BigBillsFan

15 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

As to the rodomontade (not "roto") I'm not looking for sympathy. I expressed my view, got flamed, and I was responding back in the same sarcasm shown to me. No biggie.

Since we're in the mood to use esoteric Italian expressions why is it some people can use lalochezia towards people they disagree with and that is not an agenda but if I use a little sarcasm its rodomontade?

The 'vainglorious pretentious blustering talk' to which I referred was your statement about "only the approved orthodoxy of the masses can be spoken here".

I don't believe that fits the common definition of sarcasm, a satirical or ironic statement. 

It would \fit the definition of sarcasm, if you actually believe that there is no orthodoxy and that dissenting opinions are in fact welcome here, thus irony.

I don't think that's actually your belief.  I could be mistaken.  But it read like a pity-party to me.

PS Congratulations; I had to look up lalochezia.  I have not seen any "uttering of filthy or indecent words" towards you, but if I had, it would not be OK in a single instance.  Civility is expected here.   

Agendas, in contrast, are able to be recognized only from the sum total of a person's contributions, if said person always harps on the same points in the same way, won't acknowledge or recognize reasonable counter points etc etc.

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I’ve never told anyone this, but my real name is Judge Wopner The Junior, son of famed television Judge Wapner.  I inherited the old man’s love of the law and fair play.  I’d be on TV myself if it weren’t for that whor....no, I won’t say it...that Judge Judy who road my father’s coattails like a French cyclist drafting Lance Armstrong in the Tour De France.  Anyway, I read the interaction, and it went like this:

PFF says JA sucks Minshew rules blah blah blah;

Lots of us say blah blah no way;

Two guys say Minshew is an absolute dream boat  blah blah blah;

One guy says the other posters are super sensitive about JA blah blah blah;

Both groups then say no man it’s you no man it’s you blah blah blah;

I have a pretty good handle on what’s going on so I’m going to rule here: The Minshew guys should be banned from the board, it’s the only way to be fair to all, and by fair to all I mean me.  

I call on you as global moderator to burn the heretics, figuratively speaking  of course. 

(It’s kind of chilling to type out “Global Moderator”, very “Matrix” or at least “Enemy of the State” with a young Will Smith and America’s best actor Gene Hackman)

51 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Of course we knew you would play along!  Anything that trashes your QB is like a drug to you.  Then again, maybe he's "Not Your QB".

Not yet, he’s not...he’s gonna have to be much better than that...I want a QB that other teams fear playing on Sunday...as of right now, nobody fears Josh...fingers crossed though...

Edited by JaCrispy

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I call on you as global moderator to burn the heretics, figuratively speaking  of course. 

Ever smelt burnt flesh?  Ewwwww.  So No.

4 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

(It’s kind of chilling to type out “Global Moderator”, very “Matrix” or at least “Enemy of the State” with a young Will Smith and America’s best actor Gene Hackman)

Mod works

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ever smelt burnt flesh?  Ewwwww.  So No.

Mod works

I think just “Mod” is even more chilling, makes you sound like the kindly neighbor down the road. Could be just my imagination but I fear I’ve said too much, especially in light of the question posed, and answered.  Apologies. 

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

With fewer yards...I don't think efficiency means what they think.

Inconceivable...

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Silly topic aside, as the Bills average more points per drive than the Jags did last season. The Jags averaged more plays and yards per drive. So at worst, it’s a push. However,

Folks are sleeping on Minshew. He looked extremely solid as a rookie. And yada yada yada “no tape!” but there was no tape on Josh during his rookie season either and it was FAR worse than Minshew’s. Minshew doesn’t have incredible arm strength but it wouldn’t surprise me if he carved out a decent career down in Jax.

Down in games due to poor play early? Which QB are we talking about again?

More points per drive is the definition of a more efficient offense.  The game is won based on points, not plays and yards.

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Which team made it to the playoffs again?... I can't remember... one of those teams were 10-6, and the other 6-10...

Yeah but it was an efficient 6-10...

39 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Reef asked a question. I answered it.

Since we're in the mood to use esoteric Italian words why is it some people can use lalochezia towards people they disagree with and that is not an agenda but if I use a little sarcasm its rodomontade?

Spare us the self righteous indignation. I asked a legitimate question about your understanding of the difference between being a passer and being a quarterback and you chose to reply with snark. Your hypocrisy is noted.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The 'vainglorious pretentious blustering talk' to which I referred was your statement about "only the approved orthodoxy of the masses can be spoken here".

I don't believe that fits the common definition of sarcasm, a satirical or ironic statement. 

It would \fit the definition of sarcasm, if you actually believe that there is no orthodoxy and that dissenting opinions are in fact welcome here, thus irony.

I don't think that's actually your belief.  I could be mistaken.  But it read like a pity-party to me.

PS Congratulations; I had to look up lalochezia.  I have not seen any "uttering of filthy or indecent words" towards you, but if I had, it would not be OK in a single instance.  Civility is expected here.   

Agendas, in contrast, are able to be recognized only from the sum total of a person's contributions, if said person always harps on the same points in the same way, won't acknowledge or recognize reasonable counter points etc etc.

Of course I don't believe there is an orthodoxy that one must hold, I meant it solely towards the people who come flame-throwing with Allen. It was my way of saying "Calm down" with some sarcasm.

Lalochezia was just hyperbole and a little fun with you. Glad you enjoyed the word and I hope you had a nice day.

Edited by BigBillsFan