YoloinOhio

Free Agency News and Updates - around the league

Hapless Bills Fan

Take the Covid19 discussion to one of the several appropriate threads dedicated to it.

I'm about to spend some time I could put to better use cleaning up the thread.

If you can't restrain yourself I will restrain you.

Message added by Hapless Bills Fan

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

They've paid their QB, roster moves get a lot tighter.

But, it’s less about finance and more about their draft moves, trades and FA signings. Look back at their last three drafts and, aside from an excellent, but one armed, special teamer and part-time linebacker and his brother, they really haven’t come up with much. When you compare it with Beane, you see far more effective use of draft and financial capital from OBD. Beane was saddled with very serious financial weight when he arrived as well, but he worked around it. The Bills could fit Wilson’s contract in with the current roster and I can 100% guarantee you that this roster would kill the Hawks with Russell at QB

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Which is fine. I understand his point in not wanting to be there. That $18,000,000 isn't a bad haul for 1 year though by any means and most people could take care of their family off of that for life. Still, pass. Not interested in coughing up picks and that kind of money for a 248lb DE who had 8 sacks last year. 

If Mike Brown does this, and they pass on the hometown kid, you can expect the fans will be absolutely irate. 

How hard to do you think it is to evaluate Tua and Burrow?

Those guys played with first round picks all over their offense. It’s not exactly a level playing field.

16 minutes ago, JetsFan20 said:

How hard to do you think it is to evaluate Tua and Burrow?

Those guys played with first round picks all over their offense. It’s not exactly a level playing field.

Yeah, but they also played against the best comp in college football being in the SEC with both of them balling out. They also both got it done in the biggest moments. If Tua's health holds up I expect them both to do well in the NFL. 

25 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yeah, but they also played against the best comp in college football being in the SEC with both of them balling out. They also both got it done in the biggest moments. If Tua's health holds up I expect them both to do well in the NFL. 

maybe but both guys pretty much had all day to throw to first round WRs, TEs, and backs. The Miami Dolphins and Cincinnati Bengals will be a different animal. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

One would think the Diggs deal was already in the works. I don't believe they were thinking, "Diggs or Sanders, Sanders or Diggs, hmm? Diggs it is because Sanders won't commit." 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

But, it’s less about finance and more about their draft moves, trades and FA signings. Look back at their last three drafts and, aside from an excellent, but one armed, special teamer and part-time linebacker and his brother, they really haven’t come up with much. When you compare it with Beane, you see far more effective use of draft and financial capital from OBD. Beane was saddled with very serious financial weight when he arrived as well, but he worked around it. The Bills could fit Wilson’s contract in with the current roster and I can 100% guarantee you that this roster would kill the Hawks with Russell at QB

They have been picking later than the Bills in each round.  That make it harder to find good players.  Expect the Bills to have more misses now that they are picking in the back 1/3 of rounds.

1 minute ago, H2o said:

One would think the Diggs deal was already in the works. I don't believe they were thinking, "Diggs or Sanders, Sanders or Diggs, hmm? Diggs it is because Sanders won't commit." 

Yep. ES was most likely a fallback option if the Vikings chose not to accept the offer.

18 minutes ago, H2o said:

It has been widely reported that the Diggs deal came together over several hours, after his Tweet.  So it’s possible Sanders’ story is exactly what happened.

• Like (+1) 1

Well the Patriots just cut Cody Kessler. Looks like their about to make a move for a QB here 

5 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Well the Patriots just cut Cody Kessler. Looks like their about to make a move for a QB here 

My guess is Jameis Winston. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

All right Beane!   Now is the time to pounce!  Give him a base of 15MIL/year and incentives to get to 19-20MIL/yr...   2-3 year deal.

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

sure it wasn't just Bill pulling an April fools day prank on him seems like his humor.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

sure it wasn't just Bill pulling an April fools day prank on him seems like his humor.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

My guess is Jameis Winston. 

image.png.2289420d3bf4032aa4db68f01cf3e662.png

They ain't doin crap 

Edit: thought I had a creative was to say $ h ! t and the filter changed it to 'crap'

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

image.png.2289420d3bf4032aa4db68f01cf3e662.png

They ain't doin crap 

Edit: thought I had a creative was to say $ h ! t and the filter changed it to 'crap'

Are those cap numbers for real?!

Brady left them neck high in it with that dead cap hit.

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BritBill said:

Yes they are and BB did it to himself.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yes they are and BB did it to himself.  

I agree.  To make any moves they need to move Thuney for draft picks prior to the draft.

I think a lot of people are going to see the .460 win percentage before Brady genius come to light soon.

• Like (+1) 2

I dont love Clowney, but at this point it's almost worth giving him a yr $16M deal just for the 3rd round compensatory pick wed get if he signed elsewhere the following offseason.

$16M for 1 year of Clowney is so so

$16M for 1 year of Clowney plus a future 3rd round comp pick seems like a smart deal

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BritBill said:

They can’t even sign their draft class right now 

• Like (+1) 1