Burrow - Bengals have top pick, but I have leverage

Reed83HOF

Just now, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I can’t help myself it’s a sickness! I don’t mind grammar mistakes, hell I’m plenty guilty of that. But the getting a guys name wrong thing really grinds my gears for some reason. I’m glad I didn’t end up destroying my TV while we had “Ryan Fitzgerald”

I will make sure I delete that stupid S that my phone keeps putting on the end of his name! 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:56 PM, Steve O said:

There were several Philip Rivers in 83. Next QB after Elway was Todd Blackledge at 7, some guy named Jim Kelly went at 14, then Tony Eason at 15. Marino went at 27 shortly after O'Brien. What Elway had for leverage along with baseball was the USFL option.

Damn, man, you're right, I'm wrong. Sorry.

Must have been too tired when I wrote that. Because it was just a stupid mistake. When I make them, I like to own up, and that was a genuinely stupid mistake on my part. Thanks for the correction.

Having said that, you're right about the leverage in '83, but any QB as good as Burrows is has leverage ... if he wants to use it. Burrows may or may not.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:27 PM, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joe-burrow?id=32194255-5267-9731-81c8-48673dcec5e2

Joe Burrows NFL scouting report Lance Zeirlein

* Below average arm strength

* Scheme fit necessary

*Needs perfect timing for NFL out breaking throws

Not good negatives for the league. And I thought them all at 1 point

Prospect Grade

PRO BOWL TALENT

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Prospect Grade

PRO BOWL TALENT

I'm not debating his grade. I pointed out his weaknesses from Zeirleins report and those 3 are bad negatives to have in the league

And he gives lots of QBs high grades. The grades are irrelevant. What matters are his pros and cons

And yes he has alot of good attributes but he isn't a perfect prospect and his lack of arm strength will show in the league. He left OSU because he wasn't gonna start... There hasn't been a prospect with that kinda rise between his JR SR year in a long time.

There hasn't been a top pick that I can remember with average arm strength

He is already fully developed so his floor is a good QB in the right system. he will be a day 1 starter... I don't see Aaron Rodgers 

34 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Solid? It may have been the greatest season a college QB has ever had.

That is absolutely true. He also took 5 years to blossom and his past tape left alot to be desired

He is a clean prospect but he doesn't have the Highest NFL potential imo. He will be a solid starter , even from day 1 , he can make some pro bowls

I just don't see him on the Rodgers , Brees , Brady , Mahomes level.. top tier all pro

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

That is absolutely true. He also took 5 years to blossom and his past tape left alot to be desired

He is a clean prospect but he doesn't have the Highest NFL potential imo. He will be a solid starter , even from day 1 , he can make some pro bowls

I just don't see him on the Rodgers , Brees , Brady , Mahomes level.. top tier all pro

Well....to be fair...23 teams didn't see Rodgers, 31 teams didn't see Brady, 10 teams didn't see Mahomes and 198 draft picks didn't see Brady on their level "top tier all pro"

It highlights the uncertainty of the draft process, even with full-time professionals devoting all their attention to it

49 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

His only leverage is to sit out the draft.  

Yup.  I don’t blame him for not wanting to play for the Bungles.  He can do his best to avoid that, but he has virtually no real leverage.  He might have to suck it up and force his way out later.  Play out his four plus fifth year option, then make them franchise him every year until they finally have to trade him or let him walk.

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well....to be fair...23 teams didn't see Rodgers, 31 teams didn't see Brady, 10 teams didn't see Mahomes and 198 draft picks didn't see Brady on their level "top tier all pro"

It highlights the uncertainty of the draft process, even with full-time professionals devoting all their attention to it

True, the draft is a crapshoot.. but Rodgers arm was much better than Burrow.. he had a live arm with great mobility.. alot of people thought he should go 1 over Alex Smith

Same with Mahomes... Lots didn't know of he could translate from that offense to the league.. his physical gifts were top notch

Brady is just the outlier. He was a scrawny kid with a noodle arm but great intangibles. He also had a great frame to add weight and now is 6'4 225 and developed a big arnt

Originally posted on Sportsnaut  |  By Matt Johnson  |  Last updated 2/24/20

The Cincinnati Bengals are expected to take Joe Burrow with the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft barring a godfather offer . It now appears increasingly likely that the Carolina Panthers might explore making that offer.

According to Pro Football Network’s Benjamin Allbright, there’s increasing belief around the NFL that the Panthers will make a push to move up to the No. 1 pick.

Panthers owner David Tepper has shown a willingness to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He lured Matt Rhule away from Baylor with a seven-year, $60 million contract and convinced Joe Brady to leave the LSU Tigers for Carolina.

While the cost to move up from the No. 6 overall selection to the top pick might be exorbitant, the Panthers might believe Joe Burrow is exactly the quarterback they need.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-panthers-will-make-a-push-to-acquire-no-1-pick/ar-BB10lrFM?li=BBnba9I

42 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:
Originally posted on Sportsnaut  |  By Matt Johnson  |  Last updated 2/24/20

The Cincinnati Bengals are expected to take Joe Burrow with the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL Draft barring a godfather offer . It now appears increasingly likely that the Carolina Panthers might explore making that offer.

According to Pro Football Network’s Benjamin Allbright, there’s increasing belief around the NFL that the Panthers will make a push to move up to the No. 1 pick.

Panthers owner David Tepper has shown a willingness to do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He lured Matt Rhule away from Baylor with a seven-year, $60 million contract and convinced Joe Brady to leave the LSU Tigers for Carolina.

While the cost to move up from the No. 6 overall selection to the top pick might be exorbitant, the Panthers might believe Joe Burrow is exactly the quarterback they need.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-panthers-will-make-a-push-to-acquire-no-1-pick/ar-BB10lrFM?li=BBnba9I

This is just connecting the dots with Joe Brady being in Carolina now as OC. If the Bengals trade out of that #1 slot I would be absolutely shocked. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He sounds thrilled. Just missing a “Who Dey!” At the end 

Carson Palmer killed it for him. :lol: