Burrow - Bengals have top pick, but I have leverage

Reed83HOF

Joe Burrow gives a pretty definitive answer to whether he'd play for Bengals     Yahoo Sports February 25, 2020, 9:42 AM EST

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-burrow-gives-a-pretty-definitive-answer-to-whether-hed-play-for-bengals-144231309.html

Joe Burrow says he won’t pull an Eli Manning (or, for older fans, a John Elway) and refuse to play for the Cincinnati Bengals.

The LSU quarterback’s desire to play for Cincinnati, which holds the No. 1 pick in the 2020 NFL draft, has been a topic the past couple weeks. It was a topic because Burrow hadn’t clearly stated whether he would be happy to play for the Bengals.

On Tuesday at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis, he cleared it up.

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Looks like Joey finally realized he has no real leverage. 

I don’t see why going to the Bengals would be so terrible anyway.  Any team that has the first pick his going to suck, but it’s not like Cincy has had decades of incompetence like some other teams.

10 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I don’t see why going to the Bengals would be so terrible anyway.  Any team that has the first pick his going to suck, but it’s not like Cincy has had decades of incompetence like some other teams.

Ownership 

this is an actual billboard on 71 South driving from Cbus to Cincy

314F4A5F-97AF-47BF-968F-71E26926D0C1.jpeg

In watching all the talk coming up to the draft i was watching the NFL network & David Carr seems to think that Tua is a much better all around QB than Burrow & said that if he didn't have the injury concern that he would be #1 in the draft .

Seeing as the Bengals have Dalton (which he is not a terrible QB) plus having the 1st pick in the draft could they take Tua & do what KC did with Mahomes sit him for a year or till later in the season in order to learn the system & heal a bit more to where there is less worry & then let Tua take over ? 

It seems as though that could be a consideration given the injury & the investment of a #1 pick & that player being the face of the franchise, a version of what Big Red did might not be a bad idea seeing what Mahomes has done since ...

Edited by T master