Burrow - Bengals have top pick, but I have leverage

Reed83HOF

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He will be on a rookie contract no matter where he ends up.  What point are you trying to make?

Even under a rookie deal, the #1 overall pick makes some pretty serious money. Nothing like the second contract, but SERIOUS money. (At least to people with “little jobs”.....thank you Sammy! That never gets old.) 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Even under a rookie deal, the #1 overall pick makes some pretty serious money. Nothing like the second contract, but SERIOUS money. (At least to people with “little jobs”.....thank you Sammy! That never gets old.) 

He's going #1, no matter where that is.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joe-burrow?id=32194255-5267-9731-81c8-48673dcec5e2

Joe Burrows NFL scouting report Lance Zeirlein

* Below average arm strength

* Scheme fit necessary

*Needs perfect timing for NFL out breaking throws

Not good negatives for the league. And I thought them all at 1 point

Edited by Buffalo716

On 2/18/2020 at 5:34 AM, gonzo1105 said:

Well his only real choice if the the Bengals draft him is sitting out a year and reentering the draft in 2021. If he does that he’ll be 25 at the end of his first year and 30 at the end of his first contract if he’s good. He isn’t a 21 year old he’d be prudent to start his career right away to try squeezing two big contracts out before he’s done 

He can do what another QB has done let team know he will not play for them and let them choose to trade pick or pick him and trade him like was done with Eli Manning.

On 2/19/2020 at 8:27 PM, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/joe-burrow?id=32194255-5267-9731-81c8-48673dcec5e2

Joe Burrows NFL scouting report Lance Zeirlein

* Below average arm strength

* Scheme fit necessary

*Needs perfect timing for NFL out breaking throws

Not good negatives for the league. And I thought them all at 1 point

NFL Comparison
Kurt Warner

Just now, Julio Hopkins said:

NFL Comparison
Kurt Warner

Yea comparing any rookie prospect to a HoFr is totally off base

And his grade doesn't even reflect that. I'm pretty sure Warner would be 8.0 perfect prospect or atleast 7.4 perennial all pro

Burrow reminds me of a more athletic Matt Ryan with less arm strength.  Comparing any prospect to a HoFr is ridiculous,  unless it's a John Elway prospect

Which he isnt

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

And his grade doesn't even reflect that. I'm pretty sure Warner would be 8.0 perfect prospect or atleast 7.4 perennial all pro

Burrow reminds me of a more athletic Matt Ryan with less arm strength.  Comparing any prospect to a HoFr is ridiculous,  unless it's a John Elway prospect

Which he isnt

I hate making comparisons, but the guy you're using as a scouting report is comparing him to Kurt Warner.  I disagree with those weaknesses, I also disagree with you saying Burrow isn't a John Elway prospect.  

Just now, Julio Hopkins said:

I hate making comparisons, but the guy you're using as a scouting report is comparing him to Kurt Warner.  I disagree with those weaknesses, I also disagree with you saying Burrow isn't a John Elway prospect.  

Joe burrows took 5 years to dominate. I'm sorry but he was the oldest guy on the field every time last year. He should look good

And i just posted it because Zeirlein posted it on NFL

As for being a Generational type prospect he most certainly isn't. Guys like Luck and Elway dominated within their first two years. Luck was a stud as a freshman, that shows his potential.. Elway was known for the ELWAY CROSS as a freshman

Burrow took 5 years. He is good but not on that level

On 2/17/2020 at 10:38 PM, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28726662/joe-burrow-says-bengals-no-1-draft-pick-leverage

"I do have leverage," the former LSU quarterback said, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, during a reception in Fort Worth in which he accepted the Davey O'Brien Award. "[The Bengals] have their process and I have my process. We haven't even gotten to the [NFL] combine yet. There's a lot of things that happen leading up to the draft and a lot of information gathered."

I Could be wrong, but I actually think this is totally false— as in he never said “I have leverage.” 

try to find an interview with him saying it. I could be wrong, but I read the Fort Worth articles on this and watched the embedded video interview of him, and he never says “I have leverage.” Plus the writer is a huge Bengals hater (bitter former Bengals fan), and is trying to get Burrow to boycott the Bengals, so has a clear agenda.  

check out the interview in this article:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article240375566.html

and this article:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article240363256.html

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Which he isnt

Maybe they are making comparison at same experience level.  Warner certainly was not all pro when he was brought in as backup (or was it backup to backup?) from grocery stocking.

On 2/18/2020 at 6:20 PM, notwoz said:

Is it possible ... even conceivable ...  that his mother is lying through her teeth? My guess is that the whole family is blinded by $ signs.

On 2/18/2020 at 8:02 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Of course it's possible, but if the whole family is blinded by $ signs wouldn't that include Burrows? 

Absent evidence to the contrary, it always seems easier to me to assume that people pretty much say what they mean, and mean what they say.

Assuming that someone is lying through their teeth, absent some kind of evidence, is like hearing hoofbeats and thinking of Zebras.

As I note above, I think this may be false reporting. I can’t find him actually saying “I have leverage.”

Just now, Limeaid said:

Maybe they are making comparison at same experience level.  Warner certainly was not all pro when he was brought in as backup (or was it backup to backup?) from grocery stocking.

Well Warner was an UDFA so I don't think he's implying Burrows should be undrafted

He's comparing him to the HoF

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I know that and my phone autocorrects it to Burrows every time lol I don't like to keep deleting it 

It's a message board  don't be the grammar guy .. pretend it's plural lol

I can’t help myself it’s a sickness! I don’t mind grammar mistakes, hell I’m plenty guilty of that. But the getting a guys name wrong thing really grinds my gears for some reason. I’m glad I didn’t end up destroying my TV while we had “Ryan Fitzgerald”

• Haha (+1) 1