Super Bowl Pregame Thread: KC vs SF

People knock on KC’s run defense, but their stats are skewed from the first DC. Since Spags took over they ascended to a top 5 run defense.  I’m not saying they are as good as SF at their run defense, but they don’t stink either.  

The biggest issue is can SF contain Mahomes high flying offensive pass game, and can KC stop SF’s run game.  Lastly, can the O Line of KC deal with that incredible rush from SF.

This game is going to be so much fun to watch tonight I hope.

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...should they then fear Jimmy G beating them with his arm?......

IMO, no, KC should not fear Jimmy G beating them with his arm.  If KC can stop the SF run game, get some pressure on Jimmy G up the middle, and take a two possession lead, that is how KC can win.  Otherwise, I don't see KC winning this.

• Like (+1) 1

Living in NJ, I can legally gamble from my couch using the DraftKings app. 

My main bet is SF and the Under. +370. 

Other Fun bets I’m considering:

Heads or Tails on coin toss. (Even odds) 
Will the person who calls the coin toss call it correctly? (Even odds) 
Pick Heads/Tails AND the correct team (3:1 odds) 
Will any QB throw a flea flicker? (Yes is 2.5:1 odds) 
Will more than two players throw a TD pass (yes is 12:1 odds) 
Color of the Gatorade dumped on the wining coach (various odds based on Color, purple is the favorite). 
Will an offensive lineman score a TD? (20:1 odds). 
The jersey # of the first player to score a TD, over or under 26.5. 
Will there be any scoring drive that takes LESS time than the singing of the national anthem? No pays 3:1. 
Will any kick (XP or FG) hit an upright or the crossbar? 14:1 

that’s just a few. There are currently 540 things you can bet on on DK.  And since I couldn’t give a ***** about who wins this game, I might as well lose some money while watching it and eating more variations of cheese products than a human ever should. 

Edited by stevestojan

8 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Neither of these teams strike fear in anyone. They merely survived the gauntlet. We play them both next season and I wouldn’t be shocked if we kick both their azzes!

Drunk before the game even starts?   

Better pace yourself or you'll miss the half time extravaganza...

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

i've got the tv on mute, so no really sure what just happened.  but it looks like the fox pregame crew just threw a pizza hut 0rgy :huh:

Neighbor we're going to watch with just called and asked for help swapping out TVs.

Party may wind up here....

On the other hand, this is kind of cool: Superbowl parties for homeless folks:

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/parties-on-super-bowl-sunday-for-homeless-people-are-being-held-across-the-country

"This year, Super Soul Party is teaming up with homeless shelters in about 15 cities across the country and is hosting events on Super Bowl Sunday. In total, there are about 20 parties planned across the country. ..... “Ultimately, the mission of the Super Bowl party is less about the party,” Kalmanson said. “It is just the stage for human beings to come together, put … aside our differences, our struggles or challenges, and connect on a human level to show love, compassion.”

Could this pre-game garbage be any more over-produced?

I tuned in around 6:10pm and I see that was still way too early.

Apparently there is actually going to be a football game played at some point tonight.