The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because I'm socially distancing. Good luck.

What facts do you have to discount the list I posted? None? Cool.

It's actually on you to produce the facts to support your absolutely batschittcrazy take. 

If you weren't just a new username for the same old predictable farleftnutbag tripe, you might even understand that.

But I don't want to get into some message board fight with a guy who likes to TYPE BIG LETTERS IN RED!!

So, so scary. Beware the big red letters! :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

It's actually on you to produce the facts to support your absolutely batschittcrazy take. 

If you weren't just a new username for the same old predictable farleftnutbag tripe, you might even understand that.

But I don't want to get into some message board fight with a guy who likes to TYPE BIG LETTERS IN RED!!

Are you ok?

34 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Which metric would you prefer? I don't even particularly care for Obama's centrist tendencies, though it's hard to deny he transformed the economy unless you're blind to the facts.

• The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs. The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.
  • Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.
  • After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.
  • The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

Trump didn't transform the economy — it's mostly the same as it ...
Trump boasts the US economy is the best it's ever been under his ...

If you weren't making bank in 2016, you were actively trying not to.

Edited by BullBuchanan

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Are you ok?

I must be okay because I'm not stupid enough to think Obama created a roaring economy.

Perhaps you should hook up with the Peace Through Green Jobs dude. I have a feeling you two would hit it off like Nancy Pelosi and a bottle of gin.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Those five big red words would read something like this from my wife..................................

"Are you finished yet stupid"?

?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

I must be okay because I'm not stupid enough to think Obama created a roaring economy.

Perhaps you should hook up with the Peace Through Green Jobs dude. I have a feeling you two would hit it off like Nancy Pelosi and a bottle of gin.

The cool thing is that you don't even need to "think" anything. It's not something you can have an opinion about - the facts as laid out are facts. If you have alternative evidence to claim the facts are a lie or disingenuous for some reason, I would love to hear them. The fact that you think I'm a democrat is adorable.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...according to published reports, she DOES love you.............

Only when I'm sleeping. ?

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

The cool thing is that you don't even need to "think" anything. It's not something you can have an opinion about - the facts as laid out are facts. If you have alternative evidence to claim the facts are a lie or disingenuous for some reason, I would love to hear them. The fact that you think I'm a democrat is adorable.

Why do you feel the need to come in here and troll?

Don't you have anything better to do while being quarantined?

Do you have a lady or a partner that can occupy your time?

Being in here bashing people CAN'T be the highlight of your day. Can it?

49 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump had been actively fighting this virus for 6 weeks or so when DeBlasio was still urging people to go out to bars and restaurants and to use the subway. 

Actively spreading with his golf and gatherings at Mar a lago you mean...

On 3/30/2020 at 3:39 PM, mannc said:

Are you serious?

He has no idea.  None.

Today's White House briefing clearly laid out that they think 100,000 to 200,000 deaths is the best case scenario. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

This is fantasy. Nothing to support this. Just what do you think could be done? 

There's plenty to support this.

The Federal Government sat around and did nothing for 6 weeks after health officials raised the alarm in late January.

Suggesting that if they'd acted earlier it wouldn't have made an impact is absurd. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TPS said:

Actively spreading with his golf and gatherings at Mar a lago you mean...

A month ago I would have said you were better than that kind of statement. Trump was clearly getting things done while DeBlasio and his Health Commissioner were twiddling their thumbs. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Today's White House briefing clearly laid out that they think 100,000 to 200,000 deaths is the best case scenario. 

The Federal Government sat around and did nothing for 6 weeks after health officials raised the alarm in late January.

Suggesting that if they'd acted earlier wouldn't have made an impact is absurd. 

Trump closed travel to and from China and SK on 1-31-20 then Italy shortly thereafter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

You're either being willfully obtuse, or you don't understand the term "best case scenario."   I would have thought that everyone here understands the meaning of that term.

Edited by mannc

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

A month ago I would have said you were better than that kind of statement. Trump was clearly getting things done while DeBlasio and his Health Commissioner were twiddling their thumbs. 

Trump closed travel to and from China and SK on 1-31-20 then Italy shortly thereafter. 

Once it was here having a travel ban didn't matter. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Once it was here having a travel ban didn't matter. 

ha!!  Good one!

i found an ant in my house the other day and decided at that point, why call an exterminator to seal off entry points. There’s already one ant in here!  It’s over!

bozo

Edited by dubs

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

ha!!  Good one!

i found an ant in my house the other day and decided at that point, why call an exterminator to seal off entry points. There’s already one ant in here!  It’s over!

bozo

A better analogy would be that after getting into your house, that one ant has since built a colony INSIDE the house, and every 2 days the number of ants in your house grows exponentially.

Sealing the outside might help, but ultimately it doesn't matter. 

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The reporters at today’s briefing were very invested in not listening to the two doctors say over and over that they were hopeful the projections were too aggressive.  You may want to rewatch the video, and listen to Dr Fauci and Dr Brix explain the modeling (again and again). 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The reporters at today’s briefing were very invested in not listening to the two doctors say over and over that they were hopeful the projections were too aggressive.  You may want to rewatch the video, and listen to Dr Fauci and Dr Brix explain the modeling (again and again). 

Fauci was asked point blank, are you saying Americans should prepare for 100,000 people dying?

He said yes.

Edited by jrober38

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

A better analogy would be that after getting into your house, that one ant has since built a colony INSIDE the house, and every 2 days the number of ants in your house grows exponentially.

Sealing the outside might help, but ultimately it doesn't matter. 

well, you originally said it didn’t matter. It does and it did.  No one is perfect in this, including the president, but if you’re being honest with yourself, the China travel ban early in January absolutely helped. 

15 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Suggesting that if they'd acted earlier it wouldn't have made an impact is absurd. 

Trump restricted travel from China just 4 days after Italy completely banned it on Jan 31. What is this 6 weeks you’re referring to? Btw, the ban doesn’t  seem to have been effective for Italy either. Your Monday QBing is pure speculation and without significant merit.