The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on things but if the United States loses 50,000 plus people each week to all sorts of causes doesn’t this seem like a tremendous effort and inflicted damage for the 500 virus victims we’ve seen this past week? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Not trying to throw a wet blanket on things but if the United States loses 50,000 plus people each week to all sorts of causes doesn’t this seem like a tremendous effort and inflicted damage for the 500 virus victims we’ve seen this past week? 

I'm not sure we're talkign about 500 victims a week if no action is taken though I'm not expecting the doomsday projections as well.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

500 and sadly growing. Just started to grow. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Please Trump don't ease on social distancing. To reopen the government you need to do like a different country does lots of testing. But America is soo huge. I don't think reopen until things get better is the key word here. Flatten the curve , slow down the virus. For the American people. 

He hasn't closed the government, though, so what is there to reopen? Private corporations and states have made their own decisions on staying at home/etc. with the federal government's guidance only being the "15 days" talk Trump has already started to walk back. 

4 minutes ago, meazza said:

I'm not sure we're talkign about 500 victims a week if no action is taken though I'm not expecting the doomsday projections as well.

The USA isn’t anywhere near the top of the list in deaths per million citizens. Interesting to see China with their huge population is way below us.

2 hours ago, ALF said:

2020 Tokyo Olympics Will Be Postponed Due to Coronavirus, Says IOC's Dick Pound

The 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo will be postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic, likely until 2021, International Olympic Committee member Dick Pound told Christine Brennan of USA Today.

"On the basis of the information the IOC has, postponement has been decided," Pound said. "The parameters going forward have not been determined, but the Games are not going to start on July 24, that much I know."

+

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2881956-2020-tokyo-olympics-will-be-postponed-due-to-coronavirus-says-iocs-dick-pound?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

Dick Pound...wish that was my name, lucky bastard

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, meazza said:

For my personal knowledge, how does an asymptomatic person transmit the disease?

it is thought (can't verify myself), that the first 5 days one is infected is when they are most contagious.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The USA isn’t anywhere near the top of the list in deaths per million citizens. Interesting to see China with their huge population is way below us.

This outbreak hasn't peaked in the US.  Also, China is much more authoritarian.  They track people of interest just to be able to properly trace the spreading.

• Like (+1) 1