The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Perhaps not as definitive as "Flashback Friday" but the arthritis Foundation says this

https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/healthy-living/nutrition/healthy-eating/are-cherries-cure-for-gout#

Until more is known, a specific cherry regimen isn’t advised. But many agree that for overall health and as a possible tool in managing gout, a handful of cherries, especially a tart variety such as Montmorency, or a glass of cherry juice every day can’t hurt.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Nut job 

Good thing Dustin Hoffman (Ashkkenazi) took the vax!  The guy's a whack job.

Edited by redtail hawk

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Perhaps not as definitive as "Flashback Friday" but the arthritis Foundation says this

https://www.arthritis.org/health-wellness/healthy-living/nutrition/healthy-eating/are-cherries-cure-for-gout#

Until more is known, a specific cherry regimen isn’t advised. But many agree that for overall health and as a possible tool in managing gout, a handful of cherries, especially a tart variety such as Montmorency, or a glass of cherry juice every day can’t hurt.

Good thing Dustin Hoffman (Ashkkenazi) took the vax!  The guy's a whack job.

This will really, really help him with raising money from all of his wife's west side LA Jewish friends ...

... time for this nut to go away.

By the way, his anti-vax shtick is a profitable one!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/30/us/politics/robert-f-kennedy-jr-money.html

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2023 at 4:36 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

This will really, really help him with raising money from all of his wife's west side LA Jewish friends ...

... time for this nut to go away.

By the way, his anti-vax shtick is a profitable one!

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/06/30/us/politics/robert-f-kennedy-jr-money.html

Its not a super top secret that he's litigated claims against pharma companies.  Along with companies like Monsanto that have caused harm to people and the environment.  So what?  Lawyers do law.  Traditional Liberals should love the guy.  The new crop of liberals that love them as much big government and big corporations as they can handle, not so much.  They've transformed into the people and the establishment they used to fight against but they're too blind to the truth of it all to see.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

🎯

Getting caught fudging data for 99.9% of scientists is a career ender. 

Yet the authors of the covid proximal origin paper published in Nature, friggin Nature, is now shown through their behind the scenes comments to have settled on  conclusions that they did not agree with off the record.

Yet just like the journalists who were handed pultizers for fake Russian collusion reporting, there will be zero consequences for these select few.

You can't possibly hate these charlatans enough.

Edited by BillsFanNC

On 7/15/2023 at 11:33 AM, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks

So far it was a one time thing…at least until the next time. Had all the blood work done repeatedly and all my levels are back down to normal. I’m guessing it popped up after some slight changes following my recent retirement. I’m very happy to be back to ‘normal’. 

I got two attacks this week. Subday and Monday it was at the upper tip of my ulna. Last night  and today it's my ankle. With the wrist, I just took two tylenol and wrapped it in an a=Ace bandage, Today, I took two allopurinols and two tylenols. Wrist was OK by last night. Ankle had a slight twinge last night and hurt when I got up this morning. It's better now. Not caused by drinking or by a specific food.  Have had only about 8 beers since Thanksgiving and none since Easter. Have eaten things that I thought triggered it but no correlation to attacks. Like  I said, I take my allopurinol daily.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I got two attacks this week. Subday and Monday it was at the upper tip of my ulna. Last night  and today it's my ankle. With the wrist, I just took two tylenol and wrapped it in an a=Ace bandage, Today, I took two allopurinols and two tylenols. Wrist was OK by last night. Ankle had a slight twinge last night and hurt when I got up this morning. It's better now. Not caused by drinking or by a specific food.  Have had only about 8 beers since Thanksgiving and none since Easter. Have eaten things that I thought triggered it but no correlation to attacks. Like  I said, I take my allopurinol daily.

There’s nothing worse than an attack on the tip or your ulna! 😉. Now there’s a sentence that I never thought I would type. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

Its time for covid part 2, people are getting too close to the truth about ol corrupt joe,

the democrats and their chinese allies need to do something quick.

Not commenting yet on the legitimacy of this story....

But the image of the cluttered and dirty lab bench strikes me as funny. That looks like a chemistry lab and in no way could you successfully work with biological pathogens in such an environment. 

Instead they should have used the standard stock photo of a scientist working under a laminar flow hood while pipeting reddish pink culture media.

Edited by BillsFanNC

Very good article about the competing theories on the origins of COVID-19 by David Quammen.  Quammen wrote a fascinating, well researched book back in 2012 called Spillover, about diseases that have jumped from animal to human populations. I read it shortly after COVID broke.

Yes, it is in the NYT so I expect some here to dismiss it before reading it. For those that do make the effort, you'll find the arguments and evidence for and against the various theories are presented fairly. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/25/magazine/covid-start.html

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Very good article about the competing theories on the origins of COVID-19 by David Quammen.  Quammen wrote a fascinating, well researched book back in 2012 called Spillover, about diseases that have jumped from animal to human populations. I read it shortly after COVID broke.

Yes, it is in the NYT so I expect some here to dismiss it before reading it. For those that do make the effort, you'll find the arguments and evidence for and against the various theories are presented fairly. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/25/magazine/covid-start.html

There are no competing theories.  It came from the lab until proven otherwise.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

Seems like Qanon Frank wants to be open to alternative potential causes of the covid pandemic.

How very cute making a snide comment about those not on his side of the political aisle dismissing a source that is near and dear to him.

The projection is rich!

Since he wants to play things down the middle, then I expect that he will then have no problem adamantly condemning every single politician, scientist, bureaucrat and "expert" who in no uncertain terms called those asking to look into the possibility of a lab leak a conspiracy theorist who should be censored.

Yeah, right.

:lol: