The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

15 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

It’s not intellectual dishonesty. It’s paraphrasing in a sarcastic way to shine a light on the ridiculous amount of flip flopping you are doing here. One minute you play dumb and the next you pretend it didn’t happen. As demonstrated last week with your epic own goal on climate charts, you don’t pay attention to detail even when it’s your own words. 

you misquoted me and then argued against it....I know trump says there are alternative facts but there aren't.  Even when his FDA director Hahn misinterpreted a study's results by a factor of 10 and presented it on TV as fact.  Sometimes, it's an honest mistake and sometimes it's not...We all make mistakes.  Frequency and severity are important.

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/936611

14 minutes ago, Wacka said:

My mother, brother and I all got COVID the same week. We were ALL immunized 6 months earlier.

Yes, and occasion ally patients have asymptomatic syphillis but most don't.  So what?  you might want to get tested for neurosyphilis.

Edited by redtail hawk

On 7/30/2023 at 11:27 AM, Unforgiven said:

Its time for covid part 2, people are getting too close to the truth about ol corrupt joe,

the democrats and their chinese allies need to do something quick.

From BillsFanNC's post:

But the image of the cluttered and dirty lab bench strikes me as funny. That looks like a chemistry lab and in no way could you successfully work with biological pathogens in such an environment. 

Instead they should have used the standard stock photo of a scientist working under a laminar flow hood while pipeting reddish pink culture media.

Reedly is I believe is where  Josh Allen went to Jr. College.

That lab bench looks like mine in grad school.  They should have had a lab with subdued lighting, pink and blue lights and flasks of colored water everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

My mother, brother and I all got COVID the same week. We were ALL immunized 6 months earlier.

As did virtually everyone’s mother and brother….but Hawk says he has an internet study proving that it didn’t happen….just like inflation didn’t, and just like Joe never talked to his son about his business. Cuz, everything on the internet is true! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As did virtually everyone’s mother and brother….but Hawk says he has an internet study proving that it didn’t happen….just like inflation didn’t, and just like Joe never talked to his son about his business. Cuz, everything on the internet is true! 

prove me wrong.  Show me the data.  These aren't internet studies.  They're done by some of the best minds in the world and carefully scrutinized.  But MAGA's know better because ...well, they just do and they have family members who got covid.  NO ONE said the vax was 100% effective and that its effectiveness would stay constant after the virus mutated several times..  And hopefully none of the vaxed acquaintances died- cuz that's the most important endpoint.  you guys are really dim...

Edited by redtail hawk

10 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

prove me wrong.  Show me the data.  These aren't internet studies.  They're done by some of the best minds in the world and carefully scrutinized.  But MAGA's know better because ...well, they just do and they have family members who got covid.  NO ONE said the vax was 100% effective.  And hopefully none of the vaxed acquaintances died- cuz that's the most important endpoint.  you guys are really dim...

NO ONE other than POTUS. I can also serve up non-maga Maddow but that’s shooting fish in a barrel. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

NO ONE other than POTUS. I can also serve up non-maga Maddow but that’s shooting fish in a barrel. 

2 things.  1. Biden was incorrect or misspoke 

2.trump told people to use lysol, conspicuously ignored CDC and FDA recs multiple times and called for the pandemic to be over a few months after it started

Who was more wrong?

btw, all statements and recs during covid must be looked at thru the lens of the data , science and understanding at the time.  you can't use new science retroactively.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

prove me wrong.  Show me the data.  These aren't internet studies.  They're done by some of the best minds in the world and carefully scrutinized.  But MAGA's know better because ...well, they just do and they have family members who got covid.  NO ONE said the vax was 100% effective and that its effectiveness would stay constant after the virus mutated several times..  And hopefully none of the vaxed acquaintances died- cuz that's the most important endpoint.  you guys are really dim...

Keep it up Hawk! You clearly are the smartest moron in America. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

2.trump told people to use lysol, conspicuously ignored CDC and FDA recs multiple times and called for the pandemic to be over a few months after it started

Who was more wrong?

Okay now: Trump definitely did NOT tell people to use Lysol. Does the nameplate on your desk say Dr Hawk or Partisan Hack? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Okay now: Trump definitely did NOT tell people to use Lysol. Does the nameplate on your desk say Dr Hawk or Partisan Hack? 

my desk is now a golf cart when my back allows.  No nameplate altho I have an off road one at home that I might put one on.  People understood trump to say that.  There were poisonings.

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Who was more wrong?

btw, all statements and recs during covid must be looked at thru the lens of the data , science and understanding at the time.  you can't use new science retroactively.

Let’s imagine your guy “misspoke” since you provide that as an option. What do you imagine he meant to say?

But Trump….

Just now, JDHillFan said:

Let’s imagine your guy “misspoke” since you provide that as an option. What do you imagine he meant to say?

But Trump….

I imagine someone gave him incorrect info or that he misunderstood what he had been briefed on.  Do you believe any expert told trump it would be over by Easter?  or that commenting on lysol was helpful?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

my desk is now a golf cart when my back allows.  No nameplate altho I have an off road one at home that I might put one on.  People understood trump to say that.  There were poisonings.

People were TOLD that Trump said that. He did definitely didn’t. I actually watched the Covid update conference live that day. Did you? Or is it more like the “there’s good nazi Charlottesville claim” which was also NOT true 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

I imagine someone gave him incorrect info or that he misunderstood what he had been briefed on.  Do you believe any expert told trump it would be over by Easter?  or that commenting on lysol was helpful?

I understand that you will never be over Trump but I don’t view life through orange colored lenses the way you do. It is fun to see you try to rationalize the things coming out of Joe Biden’s mouth. Now that’s a tall order! While I can find daily posts of yours where you are talking out your ass you won’t find a single post where I am Trumping in any way, shape or form. I encourage you to look however. 

• Eyeroll 1

Let's summarize Quack MD @redtail hawk today..

When Joe Biden misspeaks, who by ALL accounts displays better mental acuity than he did decades ago,  it's him misspeaking.  End of story.

When Trump says anything that appears off the rails, it's because Trump is a nazi who is a nazi because he said nazi things, like he always does.

:lol:

@redtail hawk would you please at least try to make it harder for the rest of us not to laugh at you?

Please?

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Thanks. And that's a fair response.

My relatively well informed layman's guess: 60/40 in favor of lab leak. But by no means settled.

For me it's 95/5.  China has every reason to lie about the lab leak and find the animal vector.  So far they haven't while they've obstructed investigation into the lab.  That should tell you everything you need to know.

8 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

link(s)?  I've not seen this definitively stated by anyone but the fools here.

Almost nothing about Covid was settled science when it was raging.  And much still isn't.

You're not an MD.  If you actually believe what your masters told you that you can't get infected or transmit it after getting vaccinated, you're a NPC.  My wife and I both got the 2 initial shots and a booster and within a month she got Wuhan virus and then passed it onto me.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2