The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

15 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ah, here's the rub: A mask does little to protect the wearer but it does a lot to protect other people. It's a tough problem to deal with.

Im aware that certain masks don’t do much. A friend of mine has a compromised immune system. She’s been instructed by her doctors to wear an N95 mask in stores , at work etc.  I believe that is for her own protection. A surgical mask provides less protection and a face covering even less, by a lot. It’s my opinion that personal freedom must be upheld here, but others certainly would feel otherwise.  Edit: certain ignored individuals have brought up comparisons to driving, but driving is a privilege. In managing traffic, a stop sign or turn signal is a reasonable thing to manage traffic, and not an infringement. I’d be glad to say, wear a hat or shirt in a restaurant that says “ Hi; I might be a carrier of Coronavirus”. Not a facecovering , though. Just simply assume that everyone you meet could be a carrier, then take precautions as you see fit. Wear a mask if you want. Heck, wear scuba gear. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Im aware that certain masks don’t do much. A friend of mine has a compromised immune system. She’s been instructed by her doctors to wear an N95 mask in stores , at work etc.  I believe that is for her own protection. A surgical mask provides less protection and a face covering even less, by a lot. It’s my opinion that personal freedom must be upheld here, but others certainly would feel otherwise. 

So what’s your take on speed limits? Stop signs? Blinkers?

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

There's hope for the future. 

The other day, she threatened to arrest people for not adhering to the lockdown and even to jail “ offenders”. Meanwhile , the Chicago Jail just released 1,300 inmates ( you know, actual criminals) to stop the spread of Covid 19 ! The Governor is nuts ! 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m an architect. In my business we’re always wondering why we’re being asked to lower all of the countertops as opposed to simply raising the wheelchairs. 

The height of the wheelchair depends on the height of the person using it. They have to be able to safely get in and out of it, also there are some that use their feet to help propel and maneuver it so they have to be able to contact the ground. There are some power chairs that vertically lift the seat, but it is a very expensive option and the chair is not mobile in that state because the center of gravity is raised and it's unsafe to move around like that.

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I think that you meant that they SHOULD NOT keep schools closed next school year.  I can see states such as NY electing to forgo in-building schooling for 2020-2021.  Educators have been disconnected for quite a while now in terms of seeing how most parents need to conduct their lives.  Educators see the pandemic as a huge opportunity for social engineering unfortunately.

Educators should stick to educating.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Spooks think it was intentionally released, won't admit it because that would mean war. 

(fyi)

If China admitted at first. I would be less angry accident release or something from a lab. But if real release to attack people angry. Angry how they down played it. 

People suffering, blood clots ( all over ages, strokes),  kidneys problems, heart problems( maybe from clots, maybe all ages), lots of reports kids have kawasaki disease similarities( could be different from it (WHO investigating it there saying))   Toxic Shock Syndrome for kids maybe possibly as well?,   intestines, lungs,  pneumonia, list go on and on. Lots people died (covid19) so many other things.  Might be long term health issues from people. :( They really need to be  responsible. All the world people suffered for CCP actions.  

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsfan1959 said:

Just got back from Lowe's and Home Depot. Home Depot here just went to metered occupancy about a week or so ago - with a long line outside. Lowe's is just wide open and packed. My preference is Lowes; however, I also had to go to Home Depot this morning for a specific type of cement (spent the last two weeks building a small replica of a Roman fountain).

These stores have been packed every single day and most of the people are not wearing masks. People are out all the time in the county I live in, and it's been like that all through the lockdown. Over 1.2 Million people in the county and, so, far, 16 Covid deaths.

Out here in Oregon I have been avoiding the Big Box stores in town and going to our local Ace hardware store. I go early in the morning and pretty much avoid people.
Been working on a cement sidewalk..the Wuhan Walk.
I also avoid the local Walmart to avoid crowds and crazies and shop at Rite Aid instead.
Then there is the weekly trip to Safeway during the old timer 7-9 am run. Crowds are manageable and aisles are now mostly one way.
I am not a mask wearer. Most mask wearers are in the older age group.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Masks are expensive. I get mine for about $3.75 per. That price needs to come down. A family of 5 using daily worn masks will run $18.75 per day. $562 per month. $6,750 per year. Not cheap and not affordable for many. 

Edited by Justice

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Spooks think it was intentionally released, won't admit it because that would mean war. 

(fyi)

The video doesn’t say that.

10 minutes ago, Justice said:

Masks are expensive. I get mine for about $3.75 per. That price needs to come down. A family of 5 using daily worn masks will run $18.75 per day. $562 per month. $6,750 per year. Not cheap and not affordable for many. 

My mother made masks out of old clothes since she used to be a tailor.  Once you’re done for the day, you throw it in the sink with some soap and you could rewear it.

Of course those masks don’t help you as much as prevent you from spreading the virus to others which is what we should all be doing.

• Like (+1) 1

I think most people are to the point where they don't even care about any perceived consequences. They just wanna get back to normal life.

Because of how overwhelmed the NYC metropolitan area has been, the lockdown end in NY, NJ and Connecticut will be slow.

Most of the country can handle this thing well now. 

#REOPEN.

Edited by njbuff
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think most people are to the point where they don't even care about any perceived consequences. They just wanna get back to normal life.

Because of how overwhelmed the NYC metropolitan area has been, the lockdown end in NY, NJ and Connecticut will be slow.

Most of the country can handle this thing well now. 

#REOPEN.

Count me as one of them. At first I was all for

the lockdown but all that has changed now. Let’s return to some form of normalcy as soon as possible. I still support SD and mask wearing though. We have to be cautious. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Justice said:

Count me as one of them. At first I was all for

the lockdown but all that has changed now. Let’s return to some form of normalcy as soon as possible. I still support SD and mask wearing though. We have to be cautious. 

Yes I’m not quite sure why everyone is against wearing masks.  

1 minute ago, Reality Check said:

I fully support all Canadians wearing face masks and disarming themselves. 

Thanks for the reality check.  The masks are again, to reduce the chance of a covid carrier who may not know it transmit it to someone else.  Obviously washing your hands and covering your mouth are fantastic ways of doing this.  

Not sure what the problem is. 

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Mandated? No way in hell. Slippery slope. 
Optional? Do as you like.

What’s the slippery slope? Mandating people to wear a mask when walking into my business is to protect myself and other customers.  

• Like (+1) 1