The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/4-year-olds-coronavirus-symptoms-worsen-after-taking-ibuprofen/

A 4-year-old British girl suffering from coronavirus-like symptoms grew worse after taking ibuprofen, her family said.

As health experts hotly debate whether the anti-inflammatory medicine should be taken to combat the contagion, Dan Collins of Bristol posted a dire warning on Facebook about his stepdaughter Amelia.

“To those of you that have children please read. If your child has symptoms of corona virus, DO NOT give them ibuprofen,” Collins wrote.

“Within an hour of giving her [ibuprofen] she dropped dramatically. She was panting while trying to breathe, her heart rate was very rapid, she couldn’t keep her eyes open, couldn’t lift her head up, her body was shaking, she started being sick on herself and her temperature had risen.

Feel bad for her. With this virus. Lots more and more people saying like she said, DO NOT take ibuprofen. Or any anti-inflammatory drugs. makes things worse.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They never should have closed the pharmaceutical plants in PR. 

After this is all over, I think the globalists are in for a surprise as many countries bring home national security/national best interest manufacturing and plant production. I also wonder what is in store for the EU as the bureaucracy has not helped countries within the EU, and some might argue it made things worse. 

Would you manufacture all your weapons in China or any other country. The doctor on Rogan put it best when he said that. There is nothing wrong with global trade, we can't go backwards. However supply chains for critical things have to be diversified in a way where if one region is having an issue it doesn't create problems all over the world. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:52 PM, Artful Dodger said:

In the "one less thing to worry about department", due to the CoronaVirus, ISIS has banned its followers from carrying out jihad in plague stricken countries. 

https://www.almasdarnews.com/article/isis-issues-travel-warning-over-coronavirus-pandemic/

ISIS also suggests that the Faithful should wash their hands frequently and place their hands over their mouths when sneezing. 

Oh, well how thoughtful of them!

38 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/17/4-year-olds-coronavirus-symptoms-worsen-after-taking-ibuprofen/

A 4-year-old British girl suffering from coronavirus-like symptoms grew worse after taking ibuprofen, her family said.

As health experts hotly debate whether the anti-inflammatory medicine should be taken to combat the contagion, Dan Collins of Bristol posted a dire warning on Facebook about his stepdaughter Amelia.

“To those of you that have children please read. If your child has symptoms of corona virus, DO NOT give them ibuprofen,” Collins wrote.

“Within an hour of giving her [ibuprofen] she dropped dramatically. She was panting while trying to breathe, her heart rate was very rapid, she couldn’t keep her eyes open, couldn’t lift her head up, her body was shaking, she started being sick on herself and her temperature had risen.

Feel bad for her. With this virus. Lots more and more people saying like she said, DO NOT take ibuprofen. Or any anti-inflammatory drugs. makes things worse.

This warning was posted earlier - no to Ibuprofen!   My guess is that Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) should be off limits too.  No warnings about Tylenol (Acetomenophen) or regular aspirin.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, GG said:

This warning was posted earlier - no to Ibuprofen!   My guess is that Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) should be off limits too.  No warnings about Tylenol (Acetomenophen) or regular aspirin.

There is an article out there that details how the body’s immune system is 12 percent more active for each degree the body temperature rises. It makes a case not to take anything to lower the fever and let the body fight it. 

Talks about lizards climbing to the top of rocks and baking themselves in the sun when sick. Made me think of Sammy, the Lizard. 

Edited by CommonCents

5 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

There is an article out there that details how the body’s immune system is 12 percent more active for each degree the temperature rises. It makes a case not to talk anything to lower the fever and let the body fight it. 

Talks about lizards climbing to the top of rocks and baking themselves in the sun when sick. Made me think of Sammy, the Lizard. 

Isn't Sammy a hampster?

• Like (+1) 2

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/who-warns-against-use-of-ibuprofen-for-coronavirus-symptoms

The World Health Organisation is urging people who suspect they have caught the coronavirus to take paracetamol and not ibuprofen.

UPDATEDUPDATED 2 HOURS AGO
  • Share on Facebook
  •  
  • Share on Twitter

The World Health Organization recommended on Tuesday that people suffering COVID-19 symptoms avoid taking ibuprofen, after French officials warned that anti-inflammatory drugs could worsen the effects of the virus.

The warning by French Health Minister Olivier Veran followed a recent study in The Lancet medical journal that hypothesised that an enzyme boosted by anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen could facilitate and worsen COVID-19 infections.

Don't mean to post so much on anti-inflammatory. But even Who said as well on them. 

President Donald Trump dismantled the National Security Council’s pandemic response unit in 2018 ― a subject he claims to know nothing about now that the U.S. is being buffeted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump explicitly denied any responsibility for mishandling the COVID-19 crisis at a news conference on Friday, where he told PBS reporter Yamiche Alcindor he didn’t “know anything about” his former national security adviser’s elimination of the White House global health security team.

He did do it. And there’s video of him discussing his justification last month. (Watch it above.)

“I’m a business person,” the president said in a Feb. 26 White House press briefing. “I don’t like having thousands of people around when you don’t need them.” 

“Some of the people we’ve cut they haven’t been used for many, many years, and if we ever need them we can get them very quickly and rather than spending the money.”

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

President Donald Trump dismantled the National Security Council’s pandemic response unit in 2018 ― a subject he claims to know nothing about now that the U.S. is being buffeted by the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump explicitly denied any responsibility for mishandling the COVID-19 crisis at a news conference on Friday, where he told PBS reporter Yamiche Alcindor he didn’t “know anything about” his former national security adviser’s elimination of the White House global health security team.

He did do it. And there’s video of him discussing his justification last month. (Watch it above.)

“I’m a business person,” the president said in a Feb. 26 White House press briefing. “I don’t like having thousands of people around when you don’t need them.” 

“Some of the people we’ve cut they haven’t been used for many, many years, and if we ever need them we can get them very quickly and rather than spending the money.”

Are you serious????

This is pathetic and deceptive. 

Never let a crisis go to waste. The left's new motto.

• Thank you (+1) 1

So, I’m uninformed on a lot of the details of all of this, so don’t take this as me kicking a hornets nest, but here’s something I’m wondering.

We’ve been told that this is a very deadly disease that spreads very rapidly. But we’ve also been told that a good portion of people who get it are asymptomatic. Furthermore, we’ve been told that there isn’t a proper amount of test data as tests have not been available in good quantities....

all that to ask this: when i see death rates, and we see projections of what it can do, I can’t help but look up there and wonder if that amalgamation of (seemingly) missing information makes it harder to predict than people think?

What am I missing with all this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

So, I’m uninformed on a lot of the details of all of this, so don’t take this as me kicking a hornets nest, but here’s something I’m wondering.

We’ve been told that this is a very deadly disease that spreads very rapidly. But we’ve also been told that a good portion of people who get it are asymptomatic. Furthermore, we’ve been told that there isn’t a proper amount of test data as tests have not been available in good quantities....

all that to ask this: when i see death rates, and we see projections of what it can do, I can’t help but look up there and wonder if that amalgamation of (seemingly) missing information makes it harder to predict than people think?

What am I missing with all this?

Most of the folks dying were people who were most likely going to die from some infectious disease soon anyway, like the seasonal flu. It's only a clear danger to the elderly, and immuno-compromised people. A vast majority of people will get a cough and that ill be it. A good chunk of this is fear mongering by the click bait media.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Most of the folks dying were people who were most likely going to die from some infectious disease soon anyway, like the seasonal flu. It's only a clear danger to the elderly, and immuno-compromised people. A vast majority of people will get a cough and that ill be it. A good chunk of this is fear mongering by the click bait media.

I don’t know about that, but I do wonder about the causation/correlation of data that examines the sickest people and then projects it onto the healthy population? Not that that means it’s wrong, just wondering how you defend against that kind of false equivalency. 

• Like (+1) 2