The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

5 minutes ago, GG said:

There are 14K+ cases outside Wuhan, which is larger than any other country outside Italy & Iran.  Yet, virtually no new infections since the beginning of March, and recoveries outpacing infections.   That is not emblematic of a multiseasonal sustained pandemic.

The math doesn't add up.

Don't trust the Chinese in terms of reporting.  The only thing that I would believe is quick isolation due to the form of government they have.  Their government will put a province on quarantine and give their soldiers orders to shoot violators.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Huh? I thought Cuomo does NOT want states to be treated the same.   He said that aid should be distributed proportionately to the affected ares, just like the calls for 9/11 were.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, GG said:

Huh? I thought Cuomo does NOT want states to be treated the same.   He said that aid should be distributed proportionately to the affected ares, just like the calls for 9/11 were.

I thought Cuomo was lining up for $$$ for NYS ahead of everyone else, myself. ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i'm certainly not knowledgeable but just using past history as a guide, trusting the numbers put out by a communist regime is not a wise course to base a theory upon. not a slam GG, just saying the foundation would be suspect.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Don't trust the Chinese in terms of reporting.  The only thing that I would believe is quick isolation due to the form of government they have.  Their government will put a province on quarantine and give their soldiers orders to shoot violators.

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

Perhaps they have a cure?

That's the issue, by downplaying the true numbers, China is opening itself up for greater scrutiny.  Never mind stoking unrest in its western provinces, if people go missing in increasing numbers.  

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I thought Cuomo was lining up for $$$ for NYS ahead of everyone else, myself. ?‍♂️

Exactly, which means that he's asking for disproportionate share of aid, because NYS is harder hit.

We Are in This Crisis because of the Decisions of the Chinese Government

by Jim Geraghty

Original Article

Will The Real Victim Of The Wuhan Flu ‘Crisis’ Be Your Rights?

Issues & Insights, by The Editorial Board

Original Article

Left’s Pet Issues Like Mass Transit, Reusable Bags Prove Deadly During Coronavirus Crisis

by John Nolte

Original Article

Kentucky Derby to be postponed for first time in 75 years over coronavirus

by Anthony Leonardi

Original Article

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Looks like Afghanistan may be next.

Thousands of Afghans return from Iran as virus hits economy

Nearly 70,000 Afghans have returned from virus-hit Iran in the past 20 days, an official said Monday, overwhelming health workers at border crossings and raising fears of a major outbreak in the impoverished country.

Many Afghans who had gone to Iran to look for work are returning home as the contagion cripples Iran's economy, which was already devastated by US sanctions. Afghanistan's spring harvest is also drawing workers back, said the International Organization for Migration.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, B-Man said:

They never should have closed the pharmaceutical plants in PR. 

After this is all over, I think the globalists are in for a surprise as many countries bring home national security/national best interest manufacturing and plant production. I also wonder what is in store for the EU as the bureaucracy has not helped countries within the EU, and some might argue it made things worse. 

• Like (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, Nanker said:

China didn't just shut things down. They were pretty aggressively spraying. Don't think the West has done anything quite like this.

WoooooooHaaaaaaan!!!

Assuming that they did wide scale versus coming up with some footage for positive press.  Just have to be skeptical when it comes to closed societies.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Looks like Afghanistan may be next.

Thousands of Afghans return from Iran as virus hits economy

Nearly 70,000 Afghans have returned from virus-hit Iran in the past 20 days, an official said Monday, overwhelming health workers at border crossings and raising fears of a major outbreak in the impoverished country.

Many Afghans who had gone to Iran to look for work are returning home as the contagion cripples Iran's economy, which was already devastated by US sanctions. Afghanistan's spring harvest is also drawing workers back, said the International Organization for Migration.

</snip>

i hope they are screened well.

Just now, Foxx said:

i hope they are screened well.

I mentioned it before, but until we came home Saturday, the country who took this most seriously that we entered the last three months was Morocco. The way people live there, on top of one another, there would be no such thing as social distancing. That would be a case of you better have the antibodies, and get well soon.  So, they were quite vigilant in keeping out the Chinese. Now, I have no idea what happened with  the Italians, and the Spanish/Morocco border is like the US/Canada (where we were in Spain there were no reported cases), so it may just be a matter of time, but there are some third-world countries that were aware of their limitations early on.

• Thank you (+1) 1