The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

The WHO number is hugely inflated as a measure because it combines deaths in Third World areas, like most of China, to deaths in the United States. Writing in an editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Fauci noted that very fact:

This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Notice how Trump’s estimate of mortality tracks exactly with the NEJM editorial?

And Rupar and others are simply telling a blatant lie about Trump saying it was okay to go to work. He doesn’t say that at all. He says people may have such mild symptoms that they go to work.Many, if not the overwhelming majority, of people acquiring coronavirus will have symptoms that are extraordinarily mild. A large number will be asymptomatic.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The default position of globalists are that all institutions are perfect, and immune from criticism or skepticism. 

That's why they are losing across the globe.

I walked into a bar (no, it's not a joke)  a couple days ago and sat down next to a guy I sorta know and on the other side of him was a guy I know better. After the perfunctional repartee about how badly the Sabres are doing the tv news mentioned the coronavirus and the guy next to me stated that Trump called it a hoax. I asked him where he heard that and he said it was all over the news. After setting him straight, the 3rd guy who is a flaming liberal and a little (actually) nuts chimed in and agreed with me and then went on a rant about not being able to trust anything the MSM comes up with. Moral of the story to me was if that guy could see that with his very liberal tendencies then there may be actual hope for others.

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The WHO number is hugely inflated as a measure because it combines deaths in Third World areas, like most of China, to deaths in the United States. Writing in an editorial in the New England Journal of Medicine, Dr. Fauci noted that very fact:

This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.

Notice how Trump’s estimate of mortality tracks exactly with the NEJM editorial?

And Rupar and others are simply telling a blatant lie about Trump saying it was okay to go to work. He doesn’t say that at all. He says people may have such mild symptoms that they go to work.Many, if not the overwhelming majority, of people acquiring coronavirus will have symptoms that are extraordinarily mild. A large number will be asymptomatic.

Yup knew that already first part. They said the spanish flu was really mild at first but mutated I guess or whatever it did. Or the second wave did most damage. But who knows i'm a doomsday support by all I guess. When just really spreading info. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Yup knew that already first part. They said the spanish flu was really mild at first but mutated I guess or whatever it did. Or the second wave did most damage. But who knows i'm a doomsday support by all I guess. When just really spreading info

Maybe could have been phrased better...

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah, that whole "smart virus" thing and "tree branch" analogy was very scientific.

You're ***** ignorant.  Stop pretending you know what you're talking about.

Looks like the DC Tom clone is complete and functional. 

• Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Enjoying Twitterverse?

I'm on foxverse now :) https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-has-mutated-at-least-once-second-strain-detected-study

Some stuff on regular flu. 

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/change.htm

How the Flu Virus Can Change: “Drift” and “Shift”

Influenza viruses are constantly changing. They can change in two different ways.

Antigenic Drift

One way influenza viruses change is called “antigenic drift.” These are small changes (or mutations) in the genes of influenza viruses that can lead to changes in the surface proteins of the virus: HA (hemagglutinin) and NA (neuraminidase). The HA and NA surface proteins of influenza viruses are “antigens,” which means they are recognized by the immune system and are capable of triggering an immune response, including production of antibodies that can block infection. The changes associated with antigenic drift happen continually over time as the virus replicates. Most flu shots are designed to target an influenza virus’ HA surface proteins/antigens. The nasal spray flu vaccine (LAIV) targets both the HA and NA of an influenza virus.

The small changes that occur from antigenic drift usually produce viruses that are closely related to one another, which can be illustrated by their location close together on a phylogenetic tree. Influenza viruses that are closely related to each other usually have similar antigenic properties. This means that antibodies your immune system creates against one influenza virus will likely recognize and respond to antigenically similar influenza viruses  (this is called  “cross-protection”).

However, the small changes associated with antigenic drift can accumulate over time and result in viruses that are antigenically different (further away on the phylogenetic tree). It is also possible for a single (or small) change in a particularly important location on the HA to result in antigenic drift. When antigenic drift occurs, the body’s immune system may not recognize and prevent sickness caused by the newer influenza viruses. As a result, a person becomes susceptible to flu infection again, as antigenic drift has changed the virus enough that a person’s existing antibodies won’t recognize and neutralize the newer influenza viruses

Now on cdcverse ;)

22 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Maybe could have been phrased better...

Will do man

• Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Not sure if this was already posted,  but it's pretty creepy and spot on from an old Dean Koontz book.

koontz02.png

koontz01.png

Ya don't think hasn't been posted here  but saw that couple weeks ago.  Just reminds all the other predictive programming stuff for other things in the past. Not going into that here. 

This is pretty interesting.  More interesting info in article.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-05/healthy-baby-coronavirus

SAN DIEGO — 

First, the mother and nanny were hospitalized with pneumonia, suspected of being infected with the novel coronavirus. The next day, the father fell ill with a fever and sore throat and was hospitalized too.

With no one to care for him, the baby was brought to the hospital to be cared for in an isolation unit. The child — a 6-month-old boy — came to the hospital with no symptoms of COVID-19. He seemed perfectly healthy, was breathing fine and had no fever on his arrival at the hospital, medical professionals observed.

But a closer examination produced a surprise: Huge amounts of the novel coronavirus were detected in the baby. The virus was found in his throat, blood and stool. Pathogens continued to be detected in the boy for the first 16 days he was at the hospital. But he never showed symptoms of the illness, apart from a single temperature reading of 101.3 degrees that fell back to normal within an hour.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Ya don't think hasn't been posted here  but saw that couple weeks ago.  Just reminds all the other predictive programming stuff for other things in the past. Not going into that here. 

SAN DIEGO — 

First, the mother and nanny were hospitalized with pneumonia, suspected of being infected with the novel coronavirus. The next day, the father fell ill with a fever and sore throat and was hospitalized too.

With no one to care for him, the baby was brought to the hospital to be cared for in an isolation unit. The child — a 6-month-old boy — came to the hospital with no symptoms of COVID-19. He seemed perfectly healthy, was breathing fine and had no fever on his arrival at the hospital, medical professionals observed.

But a closer examination produced a surprise: Huge amounts of the novel coronavirus were detected in the baby. The virus was found in his throat, blood and stool. Pathogens continued to be detected in the boy for the first 16 days he was at the hospital. But he never showed symptoms of the illness, apart from a single temperature reading of 101.3 degrees that fell back to normal within an hour.

Probably the good lords way of hitting the rest button on the human race. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

SAN DIEGO — 

I heard that Trump told the little guy to get back to work. 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I heard that Trump told the little guy to get back to work. 

Well i'm not going into that.  Possibly people misunderstood both sides what he meant. Blah blah.  Thanks very much. Have a good day.  Just posting some interesting info to share with others.

Glad this doesn't affect kids  or babys and  glad this baby is ok.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Probably the good lords way of hitting the rest button on the human race. 

Don't think so man.