Things looking Up for Buffalo Bills Future

PatsFanNH

OkBills fans should be super excited and optimistic about the future.

the Tema has a top 10 D that will keep them in most games with a young QB who appears be getting better each game. A couple good young TE with Knox and A couple WR, I really like Beasley he balled out hard in every game IMO (that I saw). You also have a decent O Line.

whats needed be consistent championship caliber? IMO experience and time together.  Allen only knock that I saw was the poor time of TO wether a fumble or INT hurt.. that will improve more as he gets experience as will his WR and TE get better as they learn how to work with Allen.

so Bills fans heads up you have a run coming of dang good football and possibly championship caliber football.  So be excited! Get giddy for the draft and opening day.. because times look like they are going be good for awhile for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Like A Mofo said:

I disagree.

Bills are paper tigers, Josh Allen is Mark Sanchez, and Sean McDermott is Jauron 2.0

Did you get today's TBD memo?

I seen a lot of Sanchez.. and by NO means is Allen anything like him.. Butt Fumble had 2 years because Ryan hid him behind a great D And good RB.. heck has any USC QB come out been any good?

McDermott in 3 years has done something twice that NO other HC in Buffalo done since Jim Kelly was there.. you made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I seen a lot of Sanchez.. and by NO means is Allen anything like him.. Butt Fumble had 2 years because Ryan hid him behind a great D And good RB.. heck has any USC QB come out been any good?

McDermott in 3 years has done something twice that NO other HC in Buffalo done since Jim Kelly was there.. you made the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.. 

I believe the comment you are responding to is sarcasm directed at the negative folks on this board. Appreciate the favorable words and I believe you are likely correct. Still need a few pieces, but the trend is pointing up.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

I believe the comment you are responding to is sarcasm directed at the negative folks on this board. Appreciate the favorable words and I believe you are likely correct. Still need a few pieces, but the trend is pointing up.

It was and I should have put a smiley face on that. I did like the original post, it was excellent

• Like (+1) 2

Yeah, I'm optimistic.  I thought the Bills would have a chance to make the playoffs this season, but I never thought the odds were high that they would progress very far once they got there (I was hoping for one win in the playoffs).  If the Bills make the right moves in the off season and Josh Allen makes another leap in his progress on the learning curve, then this team will be a legitimate challenger to the AFC crown, and have a real shot to get to the Super Bowl.

56 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

the Tema has a top 10 D that will keep them in most games with a young QB who appears be getting better each game. A couple good young TE with Knox and A couple WR, I really like Beasley he balled out hard in every game IMO (that I saw). You also have a decent O Line.

whats needed be consistent championship caliber? IMO experience and time together.  Allen only knock that I saw was the poor time of TO wether a fumble or INT hurt.. that will improve more as he gets experience as will his WR and TE get better as they learn how to work with Allen.

so Bills fans heads up you have a run coming of dang good football and possibly championship caliber football.  So be excited! Get giddy for the draft and opening day.. because times look like they are going be good for awhile for the Bills.

Sorry.   Your post just feels very patronizing.

My greatest pleasure this weekend (after the 3rd quarter of our game) was the demise of the Patriots at home at the hands of a (meh) kind of team.    And I look forward to the Bills destroying your team repeatedly again and again in the future.   Cheers!  :nana:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, PolishDave said:

Sorry.   Your post just feels very patronizing.

My greatest pleasure this weekend (after the 3rd quarter of our game) was the demise of the Patriots at home at the hands of a (meh) kind of team.    And I look forward to the Bills destroying your team repeatedly again and again in the future.   Cheers!  :nana:

That could happen as soon as next year, doesn’t mean I won’t be cheering for the Pats beat the Bills like red headed step children any less lol.  

I wasn’t being patronizing just got tired rolling my eyes at all the negative threads here! Your at the BEGINNING! Enjoy it

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Our O needs more playing time together (9 new starters this season) and we need better WR's. A true #1 WR would go a long way. Don't get me wrong I love Brown and Beasley but they are both good 2nd to 3rd options.. I am also hoping Knox keeps improving as I think he can be a stud TE for years to come......

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That could happen as soon as next year, doesn’t mean I won’t be cheering for the Pats beat the Bills like red headed step children any less lol.  

I wasn’t being patronizing just got tired rolling my eyes at all the negative threads here! Your at the BEGINNING! Enjoy it

I doubt that, once the Patriots start out 1-3 next season you will be dusting off your old Phil Simms jersey from the back of your closet & will turn your allegiance back to Big Blue.  

23 minutes ago, Gordio said:

I doubt that, once the Patriots start out 1-3 next season you will be dusting off your old Phil Simms jersey from the back of your closet & will turn your allegiance back to Big Blue.  

Never was a Giants fan, been a Pats fan since Tony Eason and the John Hannah days of 1986...  I figure if I can watch the toilet bowl game between the Pats v Jets back in 94(?) with the loser all but guaranteed the #1 pick and Drew Bledsoe I can handle a few bad years after 20 elite years. 

2 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

I disagree.

Bills are paper tigers, Josh Allen is Mark Sanchez, and Sean McDermott is Jauron 2.0

Did you get today's TBD memo?

Also, the pats* are gonna tank next year, get a great QB in the following draft, and set up another 20-year dynasty. I read it here on TBD.

• Haha (+1) 2

I have a bunch of friends who are Jet fans and they all thought the Bills looked good, have a very bright future and may take over the Patriots this coming year. They all think Josh is very good, too. It's just surprising to hear this stuff from fans of rival teams in the division.

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I have a bunch of friends who are Jet fans and they all thought the Bills looked good, have a very bright future and may take over the Patriots this coming year. They all think Josh is very good, too. It's just surprising to hear this stuff from fans of rival teams in the division.

I have Jets, Pats and Dolphin fan friends; each and every one thinks Josh is the real deal and that the Bills are very good/getting better.  Totally surprising and different than many years past.

2 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Also, the pats* are gonna tank next year, get a great QB in the following draft, and set up another 20-year dynasty. I read it here on TBD.

Lmao I think I said that kiddingly somewhere here. Mind you if they are gonna tank.. next year is the year to do it! Lol I’d love Clemsons Lawrence in a Patriots uniform.. I just doubt it to many teams poop themselves when they come into Gillette and beat themselves.. that’s one thing BB will make sure they will not do.. they may not be 11 - 12 game winners but I don’t see them only winning 2-3 either to get that high pick.

2 hours ago, High Football IQ said:

I simply don't agree with this sentiment and think the future is brighter for the Jets (since they have a legit franchise QB) and even possibly the Dolphins if they get one in the draft.

I respect what Bean and McClappy have done with the Bills but many bills fans are going overboard with their blind worship of them simply because they built an average team after years of debacles and failure.

But in the end their downfall will be drafting a QB like Allen who simply doesn't what it takes between the ears to succeed in this league despite the huge arm and other decent qualities. I still can't understand what this cat was thinking with the lateral and multiple passes that should have been picked against the Texans. He is a fumble machine too which probably won't improve.

Umm I think it’s obvious I’m not a bills fan so I don’t have “bills tainted glasses” on. I am going by what I have seen of the team. Allen isn’t afraid make that game tying or winning drive at the end I seen him do it a few times this year.. his only flaw is his ball security which probably cost the Bills 1 or 2 wins this year. (Please correct next if I’m wrong but I don’t see any other glaring bad flaws.)

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

55 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao I think I said that kiddingly somewhere here.

Maybe you did, but I was paraphrasing a different NE fan who comes around here. He was serious about the tank and quick rebuild; I embellished the dynasty part.

5 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Yes but pretty much when a fan of another team comes on here and says that thats ALWAYS what its taken as...its different say after a game the Bills win if a Steelers,Giants,Cowboys fan comes and says you guys played a good game..its always Patronizing when a pats fan does it unless you beat them. I really cant wait to see what happens when brady and Bellicheck are gone lol...

I am optimistic for the future but no blindly optimistic.  The team did great this year, but things fell into place for us somewhat.  Easy schedule.  Very few injuries.

You never know but next year's schedule looks harder.  Seattle, San Fran, KC, Cheats*** twice etc.

I don't expect us to the low on injuries next year either.

I am very concerned about our offense.  I know we have cap space blah blah blah but I'm not so sure McDermotts would know offensive talent if it bit him on the bum.  This years RB (only 1 guy we could give the football to)  and last years QB position (Peterman is an NFL starter) and WR the whole time he's been here is why I think that.  After 3 years of trying this years offense was the best they could do.  Sad.

Josh is a hug question mark IMHO.

However, I am optimistically thinking that we can turn this offense around, keep our D strong, and Josh works out, and be a serous SB contender next year.

8 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills have great d talent and OK offensive talent. Everything rests on is JAs development. When he learns the basics of QBing--to go along with his great athletic ability--the Bills are a SB contender.