Good News & Bad News

/dev/null

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not over the Bills game enough to enjoy that. Maybe in a few days confirmation that they are over will sink in but tonight is still about the opportunity we missed. 

Don't let it get you down.  

Watching the Bills stink up the field for the last month the result should have been expected.     

The point of being in the playoffs is to WIN the SB........not to advance one or two games.........contrary to "popular excuse-makers" belief advancing one round doesn't mean anything about your teams future.    They have the same chance to win the SB next year as they would have had they advanced one or two more rounds.  

For much of the year.......but specifically since the Thanksgiving game............this offense has been utter garbage.......they simply can't put the ball in the endzone even when they have a decent yardage day like today.

It's an identity-free,  mistake prone offensive sh*t show where every other play turns into a fire drill and the playbook is as thick as a NYC phone book.    

They gotta' sit down and fix this with both better personnel and better coaching by Daboll and his assistants on that side of the ball.

• Like (+1) 4

Among the many things to be sad about the loss today: since the Titans won the Bills would have still had a chance to host the AFC Championship Game. Don't think either the Chiefs or the Ravens would lose next week, but the prospect would have been sweet.

Next year the AFC East is gonna be a dogfight and it may well be 9 wins takes it. The Pats are set to fall, the Jets may well be quite improved and the teams won't have the NFC to beat up on.

1 hour ago, BillsRdue said:

It's a small consolation, but seeing NE go down so fast is a good sign.  I hate saying wait until next year when we finally win the AFC East, but it is looking better if we stop being pussies with the lead.

As Sean would say when we finally get a lead we become "William", but then we immediately turn into "Mary".....

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

The only team that is in win now mode and plays on a bigger stage than the Patriots is the Cowboys. Prescott can be easily upgraded.

You're right of course but I don't think Jerrah thinks that way.  A legit football exec would.

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

Still hurting pretty bad, but man, watching the Patriots* lose at home to the Titans lifts the spirits a bit!

Bills' consecutive Super Bowl appearance record still in tact!

I m still depressed about the game i didn't even watch the patriots, will in a minute. I expected this from this team but im still mad and sad about. There were so many good plays but a few that cost us (plus some ref help). Jimmy Johnson was right its not the good plays that count but the bad plays that cost you.

the patriots lost feels like a waste in that it get us a better opportunity and we blew it.

McDermott talks about growth mindset and i hope this loss really gets him to reevaluate his conservative approach when we have a lead, we need to step on the gas both offensively and defensively, running the ball a the end of the 1st half with no time outs was beyond stupid and we settled for a FG when we should have tried for a TD, which would have won us the game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not over the Bills game enough to enjoy that. Maybe in a few days confirmation that they are over will sink in but tonight is still about the opportunity we missed. 

im with ya , feeling slightly better but this loss really hurt when we should have blown them out of the water. We have to step on the gas when we have the lead.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Taking the long view (i.e., next year+), this may be the best possible outcome for the Bills...

As long as they learn how to put teams away instead of letting them hang around a make a comeback.

Brady isnt playing anywhere else at this point in his career.  Not good enough, doesnt need the cash, doesn't need another ring, the guy is done.

He's been hiding behind that defense for a full year now, and he's done.

Funny how he's just realizing now that you don't get to pick the number of years you play in the NFL, your performance level decides that, and the decision gets made for you.