GM Dorsey meeting with Haslam - He's out

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, Groin said:

If a meddlesome owner, as this set of circumstances suggests, ignored him before, then he's not been setup to succeed.  Time will tell, but then again, it's the Browns, and I have zero faith in Haslam being able to field a winner.

those are all the well reported facts. Notice he isn’t fired and is going to be with Haslam picking the next coach and GM. About time they actually listen to him. 

12 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I mentioned this earlier in a different thread: Baker Mayfield will be entering his third year as a QB with his fourth head coach, if you consider Greggo as interim for the second half of last year.

No wonder he’s a crazy mixed up bad attitude kid.  Who doesn’t get on well with others...

2 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Maybe Sashi- who knows with this team!

Any relation to Savoy Brown?

16 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

That is nuts! I can see giving Josh another HC shot but full reigns? 

So . . . the people who spent a #1 on Johnny Manziel are hot for the guy who spent a #1 on Tim Tebow?

Maybe McD can scheme an offense but I don't know why anyone would give him complete control of a franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ennjay said:

So . . . the people who spent a #1 on Johnny Manziel are hot for the guy who spent a #1 on Tim Tebow?

Maybe McD can scheme an offense but I don't know why anyone would give him complete control of a franchise.

The latest is that he doesn’t want complete control, he just wants a say. And didn’t want to report to Dorsey. Browns decided to re-org the power structure so that Dorsey was essentially demoted from having the final say, and gave him the opportunity to stay in that new role , but he decided to leave. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

...it's really great theater.......quite the dichotomy....

1. Jones-Snyder-Haslam: all bought their way in to a "big boy toy" and are still confined to their playpens (Jones has JJ to thank for SB's PERIOD).

2. "Just Gimme The Keys Daddy"-Chargers/Spanos, Cards/Bidwell Jr, Raiders/Davis; how we doing so far?

3. Steven Ross/Stan Kroenke-huh?

4. The Fords/Lions-98 % of all Fords put on the road in the last decade are still on the road today; the other 2% made it home.

5. Steelers-non meddling ownership; 3 HC's in 49 years; six Lombardis on the shlf

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Redskins tried that approach when Dan Snyder bought the team and it failed miserably.

Who is worse as an owner, Haslam or Snyder?

Snyder has a longer track record of *****ery.

36 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

4. The Fords/Lions-98 % of all Fords put on the road in the last decade are still on the road today; the other 2% made it home.

Gold, Jerry!  Gold! ?

I'm a car guy and have never heard that one.

1 hour ago, Boca BIlls said:

I didn't know the hype got that big. Even Vegas was fooled. Just shows how much you need the right staff to make the talent work.

Not necessarily. Vegas sets odds based on how they think people will bet, not necessarily how good the teams really are. It's all about the public's perception.

Hence why the Bills' over/under this year was 6.5. WE all knew it would be higher, but for the general public that didn't see what was going on here, that's probably right.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ennjay said:

Im not sure how much input McDaniel had in Tebow it was awhile ago and im too lazy to dig for that info lol but man, the Browns have got to he the most dysfunctional of all NFL teams now. I always thought Baker at 1 overall was pure insanity.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

No wonder he’s a crazy mixed up bad attitude kid.  Who doesn’t get on well with others...

Any relation to Savoy Brown?

Who is this Savoy you speak of? 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Baker Mayfield = Weak Minded Coach/GM Killer 

But he can certainly beat a fans ass if he comes down to the tunnel

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

The latest is that he doesn’t want complete control, he just wants a say. And didn’t want to report to Dorsey. Browns decided to re-org the power structure so that Dorsey was essentially demoted from having the final say, and gave him the opportunity to stay in that new role , but he decided to leave. 

Thanks for your reporting on this.

It's one of those crazy things you see in football:  it makes perfect sense (that Dorsey thinks he can't do his job under these conditions) while at the same time it makes no sense (that Dorsey thinks this is what his job is).

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Who is this Savoy you speak of? 

English blues-rock group, mid to late 60s.  Good music.  Also, a fun band name to bellow when you’re standing inebriated in line, waiting to get in the ‘Locker Room’, Delaware Ave., mid to late 70s.  “Sa-VOY BROWN”!