How does St. Doug Still Have a Job? Who does he have nude photos of?

Virgil

At this point, it must be God himself.  How did he convince ownership to give him another year? 

I honestly wonder if the Jags are planning to move the team and just don’t care what happens next year.  There is no conceivable reason to believe he’s going to turn that team around. 

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 3

The Jags had a lockerroom full of players that hated Tom Coughlin with every fiber of their being. They quit on the team and the organization, and in some cases forced their way off the roster. Coughlin was clearly the probelm, not Doug Marrone. 

For some reason, whenever a franchise fails, fans assume that every person that touched that failure are themselves failure too.  That is super myopic and, frankly, dumb. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The Jags had a lockerroom full of players that hated Tom Coughlin with every fiber of their being. They quit on the team and the organization, and in some cases forced their way off the roster. Coughlin was clearly the probelm, not Doug Marrone. 

For some reason, whenever a franchise fails, fans assume that every person that touched that failure are themselves failure too.  That is super myopic and, frankly, dumb. 

People around here have an unhealthy hatred for him and are just jilted lovers who can't get over not being the ones to get the upper hand and break up with him first......

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

At this point, it must be God himself.  How did he convince ownership to give him another year? 

I honestly wonder if the Jags are planning to move the team and just don’t care what happens next year.  There is no conceivable reason to believe he’s going to turn that team around. 

Just let him hang on long enough that he's available when the Jest finally realize that they hired Adam friggin' Gase.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He'll get another year, the Jags will suck again, and then he will be fired. I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN he went in blaming Coughlin for pretty much everything in that meeting, as well as the situation with Ramsey, and the Foles injury. You can bet this is his 9th life though. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have no hatred for the guy.  I don’t like how he left and think he’s overall a megalomaniac, but don’t care about him as a person. 

This is about him as a coach on that team.  Coughlin wouldn’t have that level of affect not the players for them to “give up” as it was said.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

How so?

A coach that flat out quits/walks out on your team should be applauded around here?

Screw Marrone and the Jags, 

McD to Marrone

Thanks for quitting on the Bills!

4cPt7gc.gif

Yeah, sorry to all the Marrone backers, this is the correct response. A coach that can walk out on his team like that is trash. I don't care about the reasons, like it was a smart business move etc. That will always be a part of his culture, we dodged a bullet when he left. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Two way street man. He didn’t arbitrarily walk away from the Bills. There was a lot at play.

Change of ownership that would have benefited him? Pegulas were gonna let him stay. He flat walked out on the team to become a OL coach for the Jags. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

mmmmm, nude pix of Shahid Khan.

Yah, the guy from jungle book.... ?

53 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Perhaps he has a picture of a 2017 AFC Championship Game ticket with the Jaguars' name on it.

• Like (+1) 1