What Are You Doing For New Years Eve?

T&C

12 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Staying in and counting the days till I can retire 

I hope you have a plan for the next phase. That is surprisingly important. These’s more to it than the guy above. 

No plans. We were planning to do a work/play trip to California beginning VERY early NYD, but a death in the family means my wife has to get there and back ASAP with no time for me or play. I’ll sit at home as is generally the case on New Years Eve. It can get sketchy out there! 

8 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Staying home. Too many drunks on the road.

Got pulled over at a DUI check point one year just after midnight. I had had ZERO to drink. Long line on a busy road. He asked where I was going. Home. What’s your address. Easy enough. He said you can go. I said “that was easy!”. He pointed to dozens of cars in an appliance store parking lot and said “those people couldn’t do what you just did.” YIKES! 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m an Uber guy if I’m having a few pops. There is NO WAY ON EARTH I would pay for whatever that surge pricing might be. It’s just one night of the year. 

I think Times Square for NYE is in my Top Ten Nightmare scenarios! You would have to pay me a  fortune to do that! 

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

Staying home. Too many drunks on the road.

Same here, I have to show up early on the 1st... younger years, party all night. Nowadays I sleep through it, wake up the next day, and nothing is different.

12 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just another night.  Working: 1800-0600. It's Holiday Bonus.  Work (if you wanna call it that) 12 get paid for 24 hours. Start my run of 3 overnights tomorrow night.  Off Thursday to Tuesday.  Maybe do something then.

Nice! Double-pay for carp fishing. That ain't bad.

I'll be at my apartment just sitting around listening to vinyl. Stupidity abounds on NYE and I want no part of it. (Yet somehow I'm a Bills fan, and this is a contradictory statement.)

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Treat it like any other day in my house.  May do a special dinner for the kids but in bed by 8:00pm.   

Dinner at 4, lunch at 9:30, breakfast the night before?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Nice! Double-pay for carp fishing. That ain't bad.

I'll be at my apartment just sitting around listening to vinyl. Stupidity abounds on NYE and I want no part of it. (Yet somehow I'm a Bills fan, and this is a contradictory statement.)

Dinner at 4, lunch at 9:30, breakfast the night before?

Close.  Breakfast at 5:30am, Lunch at 11am, Dinner sometime between 4:30 and 5.  Have six kids so not a ton of partying going on.