Poll: Thru Playoffs, should "this college guy a good fit?" threads be moved to the College Football forum?

College football forum or Stadium Wall for "hot college prospect" threads during season?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should threads about "is this college guy a good fit?" be moved to the College Football Forum (Until After the Playoffs)?

• Yes
    • No

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm leaning towards "yes" through end of the NFL Playoffs or at least the end of the Bills Playoffs

I'd like to know how the rest of you see it

I voted 'no', however I agree with your view through the end of the Bills Playoffs.  I don't watch much college football, so I form much of my draft opinion from mocks, various articles/youtube clips and definitely through the discussion on this board.  Once the Bills are out I'd like to see that continue on this board rather than another one that I don't go to.

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I voted no

The College Football Forum has evolved into an enjoyable sub-culture of TSW with weekly Gameday threads, thoughts on our favorite programs, discussions of top players, and debates over the Bowl and CFP System

Moving the "zOMG I Just watched Sportscenter and saw some DE named Chase Young, maybe the Bills can pick him up in the 4th round" threads is just gonna pollute one of TSW'ers finer communities

But I also understand why you want to clear those threads from the main forum.  Perhaps a compromise, create a College Prospect forum

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm leaning towards "yes" through end of the NFL Playoffs or at least the end of the Bills Playoffs

...I agree......then they are all consolidated........I don't get to see college ball so I go to the COLLEGE FOOTBALL forum to learn from the TBDers who follow it closely.....with my thanks...:thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm probably in the minority on this one, but I voted no

The College Football Forum has evolved into an enjoyable sub-culture of TSW with weekly Gameday threads, thoughts on our favorite programs, discussions of top players, and debates over the Bowl and CFP System

Moving the "zOMG I Just watched Sportscenter and saw some DE named Chase Young, maybe the Bills can pick him up in the 4th round" threads is just gonna pollute one of TSW'ers finer communities

But I also understand why you want to clear those threads from the main forum.  Perhaps a compromise, create a College Prospect forum

I’d be interested in that Young guy in the 4th. I’d even consider a 3rd if other needs are addressed in free agency.

To your larger point though I really enjoy the discussion in the college football forum. That has some of the best discussions on the board. With so many different fan bases represented you get a good sense of prospects that are overrated/underrated and not even on your radar.  It’s just a lot of perspectives which we don’t get on the main board. 

You get the same sense for teams. I watch a lot of college football (a lot more than NFL) and have opinions but they are from 50,000 feet often. I’m always interested to hear from those much closer on certain guys/teams. This holds especially true when it comes to the PAC and others out west. I just don’t see a lot of those teams/players. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

I abstained. Certainly during a current season, there is NO REASON to start a thread like ‘I’m watching the Tidy Bowl! You should see #69! Do we want him??’ I could slap the crap outta you (thread starter)! 

But they’re certainly appreciated during the offseason, prior to the Draft. This is where our college geeks rule the day and I’m glad we have so many with true expert insight.

So, option 3 should be ‘Where Appropriate’, imo.

• Like (+1) 1

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Poll: Thru Playoffs, should "this college guy a good fit?" threads be moved to the College Football forum?
4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I abstained. Certainly during a current season, there is NO REASON to start a thread like ‘I’m watching the Tidy Bowl! You should see #69! Do we want him??’ I could slap the crap outta you (thread starter)! 

But they’re certainly appreciated during the offseason, prior to the Draft. This is where our college geeks rule the day and I’m glad we have so many with true expert insight.

So, option 3 should be ‘Where Appropriate’, imo.

Hi Chand,

In the body of my post I said "until after the playoffs". 

But I see that's not clear enough and it should be in the Poll itself.  If I could just figure out how to edit it!!!!! ??

Edit:  HA!  Just figured it out!!!!!  ?☺️  Has been changed to clarify.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I agree with you take as well.

I pop over there and chat.

living in the south college football is king.

i am an UGA fan and can usually provide decent perspective on them and some SEC guys. 
having said that, I agree that till after the season is done it’s better to keep college player chat on the college football forum.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975