Chances Bills play first game of wildcard weekend?

Negan

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Terrible in the same way that the Cowboys game was crazy high ratings?!

americas team and senior citizen eyeballs to watch every TV ad like they are reading Holy Scripture

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t know the Texans have played 5 Saturday games in this round I think. The 6 seed is either going to be a really bad team (Pittsburgh/Oakland) or a team no one cares about (Titans). That feels like the early Sunday game to me.

Didn't KC play the Titans at home two years ago on Saturday afternoon leaving the Bills-Jaguars as the Sunday 1:00 game. The Bills will be the early game on Saturday or early on Sunday. It's 50/50 as to which one IMHO.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Ok, row...I will have to suffer through 4:30 then!   ?

hear you brother!

I will join the suffering laying on the couch guzzling ice cold pop and devouring a massive loaded deep dish pizza

• Haha (+1) 1

I thought the Bills Houston game was a Sunday game? I could have sworn that I saw the playoffs with time slots on them and that was a Sunday game? Maybe I’m wrong? 

Three of the highest rated regular season games in years has been the Bills vs. Cowboys, Steelers, Pats. Seems there is something going on nationally with the Bills so if I'm a TV exec I am seriously considering putting the Bills in a premiere spot.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Three of the highest rated regular season games in years has been the Bills vs. Cowboys, Steelers, Pats. Seems there is something going on nationally with the Bills so if I'm a TV exec I am seriously considering putting the Bills in a premiere spot.

Bills-Steelers was below average. The show averaged 20.5 million this year at the time of the game, and only 18.5 million watched Bills-Steelers.

Bills-Pats was the 6th-most-watched game...of week 16. 

Edited by arcane
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Rut Row! 

The wife has to be in Newport Beach, CA Jan 1-4. I accepted that trip a while back because she loves it there and I’ve never been. I wasn’t thinking about details! I may have messed up! There will always be other trips. She, of course, has no idea that it’s a HUGE football weekend. 

Oops! 

Women, pshhhh always messing everything up

14 hours ago, Augie said:

Rut Row! 

The wife has to be in Newport Beach, CA Jan 1-4. I accepted that trip a while back because she loves it there and I’ve never been. I wasn’t thinking about details! I may have messed up! There will always be other trips. She, of course, has no idea that it’s a HUGE football weekend. 

Oops! 

A couple months ago I was getting UNC basketball tix for the season, and later was looking at getting some extra hockey tix in January - I made a note to myself to black out playoff weekends - including the SB :thumbsup:

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Not that it matter much anymore, but likely all four games will be played in central time zone. 

Back in the day a team like NE would almost always play the early game due to being in the east.  They weren't going to make fan sit there and freeze with a night game.  Now who cares about the fans!

17 hours ago, iinii said:

You should be correct. The higher seeds play on Sunday, which means the 3 plays the 6 then? 

This is false. The NFL decides,  in consultation with the teams. Any team can play any day, but the lowest rated game usually is the first game on a Saturday. That would be Buffalo at Houston, most likely.

You need to read this forum more to see how NFL TV programming works (need to register first):

https://506sports.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0

16 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

I would think for Ratings Buffalo vs Houston and the NFC 3seed vs the Vikings will be the two premiere games 

Buffalo always has low ratings, as does Houston. Green Bay and the NFC East are the big draws, as are New England and Pittsburgh.

7 hours ago, nucci said:

what does this mean?

Because Buffalo draws low ratings.