NFL Execs vote McDermott Coach Of The Year (Actual Recipient to be named in Feb)

Scott7975

Bills GM Brandon Beane came in third with four votes. Baltimore's Eric DeCosta got two, while Pittsburgh's Kevin Colbert, Minnesota's Rick Spielman and Green Bay's Brian Gutekunst received one each.

Beane came in 3rd place for Executive of the year. 

John Lynch 49ers came in 1st

Schneider in Sea came in 2nd. 

Beane with 4 votes getting well deserved respect. Really shows u how highly execs think of our coaching and FO and we got something special brewing for real and it looks like we can be a legit contender on a regular basis !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Congrats to McD, but why does the NFL have to do this right now?  What a distraction.  The guy is trying to prepare for the Pats* and now he's probably getting inundated with requests for interviews and crap like that - can't they just do this stuff when the year is completely over?  Damn.

2 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Congrats to McD, but why does the NFL have to do this right now?  What a distraction.  The guy is trying to prepare for the Pats* and now he's probably getting inundated with requests for interviews and crap like that - can't they just do this stuff when the year is completely over?  Damn.

Clearly Belicheck is behind it. 

2 minutes ago, ChasBB said:

Lol, I take this as sarcasm....at least I hope

I wasn't trying to post fake news at all.  I didn't see the other threads.  I also posted the exact article in the thread from NFL.com.  I feel it is worthy of discussion.  Whether he wins it or not its obvious the respect he has around the league.  NFL execs opinions, imo, hold more weight than anything else.  Im not even sure who votes for it honestly?  Media people?  I dunno.  I posted because he is getting due credit from the people that matter.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChasBB said:

Sorry to disappoint - I meant it.  I want them to knock the snot out of the Pats* and don't want to see the team face a single distraction this week.

Ok, they aren't doing anything now. It's just what other NFL executives have said. The actual award gets handed out in Feb. Did you by chance read the post? Or just skimmed over it?

47 minutes ago, Logic said:

The title to this thread is a bit misleading in my opinion.

It is true that in an informal inquiry, McDermott got the most votes. That doesn't mean he was actually named coach of the year or given any kind of award.

The actual vote for coach of the year won't be officially held or announced for a little while yet, and no decision has been made at this time.

Yep, jumping the gun there a bit. 

11 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Ok, they aren't doing anything now. It's just what other NFL executives have said. The actual award gets handed out in Feb. Did you by chance read the post? Or just skimmed over it?

Skimmed it -  :)  

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Wow. Congrats to McDermott. It has been a pleasure watching him change the culture here. Just outstanding coaching and preparation

...certainly.......despite the TBD naysayer pundits.....no need to regurgitate....icing on the cake would be to have McBeane selected as NFL Exec Of The Year......EQUALLY deserving IMO....

More fake news. I can make up other 'credible news' too:

I'll be selling snow as a keepsake since Global Warming is just around the corner.

Former Judge Leticia Astacio has entered a 12 step program and apologizes for her behavior.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has changed her mind and now welcomes Amazon HQ to Queens.

The FBI and SEC find no wrong doing or malfeasance in the Rochester City School Board's 64.8 million dollar short fall.

Wow journalism is so easy!