A Few Thoughts about the Steelers Game, in no particular order

Virgil

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

1 - Billsy - This is a term that bothers a lot of people and one that I've used many times; including this season.  To me, it's any time in the past 20 years where the Bills snatched a loss from the jaws of victory in the most ridiculous way.  .  I knew that expecting Billsy things to happen was behind me and that McD had killed that in us.  If there's anything we've accomplished this season, it's that to me as a fan.  And that, is a great feeling.

Your are like a junkie trying to kick heroin or Gordon with MJ - lets see how long before you get back on your addiction.

• Like (+1) 1

Nice job, Virgil. A lot of interesting comments that we can get only from someone being there.  

I was there a few years ago.  That video they play to start the fourth quarter, I guess they call it renegade, is great.   I loved it when I was there. 

The point I was most interested in was DiMarco.   I've been talking about Allen a lot lately, about how he's just learning.  That DiMarco play is a good example.  Three years from now, Allen will see DiMarco (even if he didn't on Sunday) and have the courage to throw it, despite what he's being told about protecting the ball and following the script.   

Give him time. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

What a wonderful write-up! 

Two things:

Your Bar Louie experience sounds a lot like mine in Nashville: HORRIFIC. Glad to know I'd rather be sober and hungry vs. go into that crappy chain ever again. No thanks to @Augie.....

Your line to the girl at the end is priceless. Just perfect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

When Hodges threw his 3rd interception, even with over 2 minutes to play and timeouts remaining, the stadium almost completely cleared out.  The Bills fans around me any myself couldn't believe it.  We knew we were just going to run the ball and probably punt it back, but the Steelers fans either can't do math or just gave up, because they left.  It was insane.  And in that moment, I turned around and sure enough, she was leaving.  I locked dead on her eyes and couldn't help myself.  "Hey, where you going?  Is this the Steelers traveling well?"  She looked right back at me and started crying.  I couldn't help but laugh. 

This.  Is.  Awesome.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Your are like a junkie trying to kick heroin or Gordon with MJ - lets see how long before you get back on your addiction.

I know, it's sad really.  I'm really hoping to stay clean this time

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Proud of yourself, making a girl cry?  MODS!

I mean, a little......

Dude, she sucked and not in the good way.  I really hope she doesn't have a man to go home to because that guy is probably miserable

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 Comments on specific points: 

1- "and the grinches heart grew three sizes that day."

5- Check out this video and try to slow it down to see when the safety breaks. It actually looks like he goes for the flat as soon as allen throws- not before. Before his break he has good position of Dimarco and a good angle on the sideline. 

If you pause it at 3 seconds, you can see him start his break as allen's arm is coming forward. 

15- "Hey, where you going?  Is this the Steelers traveling well?" this is just.... This is food to my soul. Thank you. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

3 Comments on specific points: 

1- "and the grinches heart grew three sizes that day."

5- Check out this video and try to slow it down to see when the safety breaks. It actually looks like he goes for the flat as soon as allen throws- not before. Before his break he has good position of Dimarco and a good angle on the sideline. 

If you pause it at 3 seconds, you can see him start his break as allen's arm is coming forward. 

15- "Hey, where you going?  Is this the Steelers traveling well?" this is just.... This is food to my soul. Thank you. 

I think a pump fake here and DiMarco is free and clear. 

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Good post.

The conservative offense and playcalling is more McDermott than Daboll. I was screaming at the TV during that sequence inside the Steelers 15. Just ridiculously conservative playcalling. That won't work in the playoffs against much better QBs.

And the award for first person to quote the entire post goes to........ ?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I think a pump fake here and DiMarco is free and clear. 

Could be. Things like that that Allen needs to see on the tape and take away for later. Not sure why Dimarco is our deep ball runner, but he's had some random wheel routes go for yards before, so who knows.