Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BringBackFergy

Antonio Brown: Apology Tour - Preparing for return?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Antonio Brown has turned himself in after warrant issued for his arrest

 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/24/us/antonio-brown-arrest-warrant-friday/index.html

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/01/23/antonio-brown-arrest-assault-moving-truck-hollywood-florida/  

 

Audio of 911 call. “He is on something”

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


And with this got my $$$$$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn’t he turn himself in live on Instagram? 

  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Why didn’t he turn himself in live on Instagram? 

 

He's got Sprint and they have bad reception anywhere near brick or concrete buildings.  

  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chongli said:

I am not so sure about that. Bob Knight had a warrant issued for him in Puerto Rico. He never went back there to face the charges. No one ever blamed him for that.

And do you think Bob Kraft would ever go to Florida to face his charges/punishment if he isn't acquitted or the charges dismissed first? It is just a misdemeanor, so as long as he stays out of the state, he would be fine.

The DA is Hawaii just up and dismissed a lot of warrants for people from the mainland a few years ago since he said they would never return to face the charges.

So avoiding the charges could be the rational thing to do.

 

Fair point.  Couple things -

1) You're describing behavior of tourists and visitors.  Brown resides in FL and, if he does successfully return to the NFL, there are 3 Florida teams he might wish to play for or have to play against.  So he can't just stay out of Florida

2) If Brown does wish to play football in the NFL again, he can't do so with pending criminal charges.  He has to face them and get them settled.

 

On Kraft, does your speculation mean if the Pats had gone to the Superbowl it would be logical for him to stay out of Florida and watch on TV vs settling the charges?

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:


You’re right but there are tons of active LEOs doing their job correctly. It’s bad only those instances get covered.

I could not agree more.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I could not agree more.

 

Not saying what those officers did was acceptable. They'll probably be punished, suspended or even prosecuted. We don't know.

 

But none of us know what that jackass did before being physically stopped with a police vehicle.

 

Did he speed through an elementary school zone?

Did he run over a little girl's dog?

Did he sideswipe a handicapped van?

Did he fire shots at the officer's vehicle?

Was he taking off from a burglary or an assault?

Did he have a hostage?

 

Obviously, these are all extreme examples and I am not condoning punching and kicking a criminal who "gives himself up" (see Buffalo Bills playoff game, second half TD kickoff), but the sheer number of policemen/women, cars, dogs, etc. leads me to believe this chase went on for some time and the criminal must have put many innocent bystanders at risk of bodily harm.  The adrenaline in the officers' bodies must have been overwhelming.  Not sure why there is no other news coverage for that chase, how it started, the path it took and who was involved.

 

Anyway, like I said, not condoning what the officers did at all...just wondering what the criminal did to evoke that response.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

 

Not saying what those officers did was acceptable. They'll probably be punished, suspended or even prosecuted. We don't know.

 

But none of us know what that jackass did before being physically stopped with a police vehicle.

 

Did he speed through an elementary school zone?

Did he run over a little girl's dog?

Did he sideswipe a handicapped van?

Did he fire shots at the officer's vehicle?

Was he taking off from a burglary or an assault?

Did he have a hostage?

 

Obviously, these are all extreme examples and I am not condoning punching and kicking a criminal who "gives himself up" (see Buffalo Bills playoff game, second half TD kickoff), but the sheer number of policemen/women, cars, dogs, etc. leads me to believe this chase went on for some time and the criminal must have put many innocent bystanders at risk of bodily harm.  The adrenaline in the officers' bodies must have been overwhelming.  Not sure why there is no other news coverage for that chase, how it started, the path it took and who was involved.

 

Anyway, like I said, not condoning what the officers did at all...just wondering what the criminal did to evoke that response.

 

 

I think that is where it takes a special breed of people to be law enforcement. You can’t break a law and a code you swear to uphold because another person commits a despicable act. Hard to do, and not sure I could do it. 
Anyone who wears a gun to work to protect the rest of us deserves our respect first. The bad ones will hopefully get filtered out quickly. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think that is where it takes a special breed of people to be law enforcement. You can’t break a law and a code you swear to uphold because another person commits a despicable act. Hard to do, and not sure I could do it. 
Anyone who wears a gun to work to protect the rest of us deserves our respect first. The bad ones will hopefully get filtered out quickly. 

 

I couldn't be a cop....no way.  

 

Just as you say, if I was a cop and saw an despicable act....I know I would break the law.  I wouldn't be able to control it. 

I have a friend who is a cop in Atlanta.  He told me a story where a father gave two black eyes to his 3 year old daughter....just beat her badly.  It took everything he had to suppress his aggression....it kept him up for several nights thinking about it.  

 

But on the other end, you still have to enforce laws, even if they're petty.  In that case, I might be too nice and probably let them have a good time.

 

Basically...I wouldn't be a good cop.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re right but there are tons of active LEOs doing their job correctly. It’s bad only those instances get covered.

 

45 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I couldn't be a cop....no way.  

 

Just as you say, if I was a cop and saw an despicable act....I know I would break the law.  I wouldn't be able to control it. 

I have a friend who is a cop in Atlanta.  He told me a story where a father gave two black eyes to his 3 year old daughter....just beat her badly.  It took everything he had to suppress his aggression....it kept him up for several nights thinking about it.  

 

But on the other end, you still have to enforce laws, even if they're petty.  In that case, I might be too nice and probably let them have a good time.

 

Basically...I wouldn't be a good cop.

 

I agree. But they signed up for the job. They chose the profession. If they can't handle it, they need to choose a different profession. Cops DO have to be a special breed. They DO have to hold themselves to a higher standard. If they can't, they need to stop being cops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I think that is where it takes a special breed of people to be law enforcement. You can’t break a law and a code you swear to uphold because another person commits a despicable act. Hard to do, and not sure I could do it. 
Anyone who wears a gun to work to protect the rest of us deserves our respect first. The bad ones will hopefully get filtered out quickly. 

 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

 

I couldn't be a cop....no way.  

 

Just as you say, if I was a cop and saw an despicable act....I know I would break the law.  I wouldn't be able to control it. 

I have a friend who is a cop in Atlanta.  He told me a story where a father gave two black eyes to his 3 year old daughter....just beat her badly.  It took everything he had to suppress his aggression....it kept him up for several nights thinking about it.  

 

But on the other end, you still have to enforce laws, even if they're petty.  In that case, I might be too nice and probably let them have a good time.

 

Basically...I wouldn't be a good cop.

 

45 minutes ago, MJS said:

 

 

I agree. But they signed up for the job. They chose the profession. If they can't handle it, they need to choose a different profession. Cops DO have to be a special breed. They DO have to hold themselves to a higher standard. If they can't, they need to stop being cops.

My cousin is a cop in a local county here in VA. It does take a special type of individual to deal with the things they see day in and day out. He went in the Marines out of HS and became an MP. He was stationed at the White House while Bill Clinton was in office. There is actually a Time Magazine cover he made saluting the President while Bill is boarding "Marine One". When he got out that is what he chose to do and has been a cop for 20+ now. The stories he tells are sometimes horrifying, inspiring, or extremely comical. He turned out to be one of the good ones, but he has seen many fall by the wayside. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, H2o said:

My cousin is a cop in a local county here in VA. It does take a special type of individual to deal with the things they see day in and day out. He went in the Marines out of HS and became an MP. He was stationed at the White House while Bill Clinton was in office. There is actually a Time Magazine cover he made saluting the President while Bill is boarding "Marine One". When he got out that is what he chose to do and has been a cop for 20+ now. The stories he tells are sometimes horrifying, inspiring, or extremely comical. He turned out to be one of the good ones, but he has seen many fall by the wayside. 

Sounds like a special guy. So glad that he has served his country honorably and continues to be a good example for all of us.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, H2o said:

The stories he tells are sometimes horrifying, inspiring, or extremely comical. He turned out to be one of the good ones, but he has seen many fall by the wayside. 

Joseph Wambaugh wrote fiction based upon his time as an LAPD officer.  ‘The Choirboys’ novel (ignore the sanitized version the movie presented) could have you laughing at what the patrol officers encountered, and two pages later sickened by what their next call brought.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He deserves maximum jail time for wearing that suit.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 4:43 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....cut him some slack....bet he's a straight A student...........

 

(CNN)With his NFL career apparently over, receiver Antonio Brown has enrolled in online classes at Central Michigan University to finish his college degree.

Brown posted a photo on his Instagram Story of a piece of paper with several classes for the fall semester at CMU, along with the text "Back to school." The image shows that the talented but mercurial player is enrolled in Introduction to Management and an English class on Technical Writing. Starting in October, he will be taking a religion class called "Death and Dying" and a sociology class on racism and inequality, the photo shows.

 

FB_IMG_1579974573969.jpg

  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio Brown's lawyer claims he's not crazy, he's just misunderstood.  No, really.  Seriously.  That's what he's quoted as saying.

 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/24/lawyer-claims-antonio-brown-who-faces-potential-life-imprisonment-was-overcharged/

 

Brown’s other lawyer, Eric Schwartzreich, disputed the notion that Brown is suffering from a mental-health condition.

“I don’t think there’s any mental health issues with him,” Schwartzreich said. “Antonio Brown’s life right now is a reality show. He is misinterpreted and misunderstood. He’s not guilty of these charges. He did not commit a felony battery. In this case, when all the facts come out, you will see he will be vindicated and he will be found not guilty.”

 

On the issue of mental health, prosecutors pointed to concerns recently articulated by his former agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and the mother of three of Brown’s children, Chelsie Kyriss. Brown has been ordered to undergo a mental-health evaluation.

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...