Antonio Brown: Apology Tour - Preparing for return?

On 1/28/2020 at 3:05 PM, JoPoy88 said:

wild guessing but they are probably just appearances he agreed to long ago. But heck if I signed him up to speak to a bunch of kids though I’d just pay him not to show up at this point.

But if he’s coming to your club to party - game on

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Aaaaand who is surprised he's now gotten a sit down interview with Josina Anderson that will be aired on ESPN? :rolleyes:

Goddamit. Last thing this guy needs is more attention. ESPN do anything for that dolla. Disgusting 

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

You’re right but the story ain't gonna be over until the media picks the bones dry. 

If people weren't reading it, the media wouldn't worry about it.

Hell, I'm not following it closely, but I've read a couple of these stories and I bet a lot of the people on here did too. You too, I see.

Edited by Thurman#1

11 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Goddamit. Last thing this guy needs is more attention. ESPN do anything for that dolla. Disgusting 

Can't stand Josina either. Something about her just irks me. It doesn't surprise me that she is the one doing the interview for that network. She's probably the least objective sports reporter I've ever seen outside of Florio. 

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/antonio-brown-addresses-everything-with-fan-morning-show

Just listened to the whole interview (link is in the article). The beginning isn’t too bad. But then the radio host brings up JuJu smith-schuster and things go way off the rails...

He went off about JuJu for like 5+ minutes (starts shortly after the 8am mark on the radio.com app), defending his attacks because he said JuJu posted a picture of himself scoring a TD and saying “I’m ready”. AB took it as disrespect, so he therefore felt justified in his response. Then he continued ranting for a while about everything. Mainly making excuses for all his actions, saying people just need to understand his side (yikes). 

Unfortunately I dont see this guy changing any any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://937thefan.radio.com/articles/antonio-brown-addresses-everything-with-fan-morning-show

Just listened to the whole interview (link is in the article). The beginning isn’t too bad. But then the radio host brings up JuJu smith-schuster and things go way off the rails...

He went off about JuJu for like 5+ minutes (starts shortly after the 8am mark on the radio.com app), defending his attacks because he said JuJu posted a picture of himself scoring a TD and saying “I’m ready”. AB took it as disrespect, so he therefore felt justified in his response. Then he continued ranting for a while about everything. Mainly making excuses for all his actions, saying people just need to understand his side (yikes). 

Unfortunately I dont see this guy changing any any time soon. 

On the one hand, what a professional football player will interpret as motivational disrespect, vs what a normal human will so interpret, are clearly very different.

On the other hand, this guy's thought processes seem so skewed that I'm not sure normal communication between coach and player (or teammates) could take place.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

On the one hand, what a professional football player will interpret as motivational disrespect, vs what a normal human will so interpret, are clearly very different.

On the other hand, this guy's thought processes seem so skewed that I'm not sure normal communication between coach and player (or teammates) could take place.

He’s on the apology tour which is a good thing. Baby steps. Hope he gets back to normalcy. 

9 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

He’s on the apology tour which is a good thing. Baby steps. Hope he gets back to normalcy. 

The apology tour is because he is realizing that his lifestyle + his current income + his current consequences = broke in a short period of time without that NFL $$$. 

• Like (+1) 4

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

The apology tour is because he is realizing that his lifestyle + his current income + his current consequences = broke in a short period of time without that NFL $$$. 

Apologies kind of work better when you say "I blew it, me bad, I need to do better" vs. justifying yourself and making excuses

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Apologies kind of work better when you say "I blew it, me bad, I need to do better" vs. justifying yourself and making excuses

Exactly. I see it as being all part of his wannabe reality show, need for attention, and trying to scheme his way back into an NFL team's wallet. He's not stupid, just an idiot. 

11 hours ago, H2o said:

The AB Apology Tour might be aimed towards prospective jurors

• Like (+1) 1

It’s such a shame that someone who worked so hard to be so great for so long has let the final best years of his career evaporate like this.  What a waste of talent.  

Funny, I followed AB long before he went nuts on social, and I used to tell people he was weird as f***.  Like on Snap chat all his stories were like him staring into camera with smiling for long periods of time no matter what he was doing.  Usually while in one of his cars going somewhere or walking past fans on way to field or something.  At least he barely spoke back then lol.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s such a shame that someone who worked so hard to be so great for so long has let the final best years of his career evaporate like this.  What a waste of talent.  

Funny, I followed AB long before he went nuts on social, and I used to tell people he was weird as f***.  Like on Snap chat all his stories were like him staring into camera with smiling for long periods of time no matter what he was doing.  Usually while in one of his cars going somewhere or walking past fans on way to field or something.  At least he barely spoke back then lol.  

what's crazy is had he pad that girl the 2 or 3 million she was asking for he'd be playing for the pats right now and who knows where they would have been.  probably put up over 1000 yards and one step closer to the hof.  instead he's here doing this.   it's so tempting to think if we just bring him in maybe he can stay sane for a season but that seems unlikely right now. if only the docs can keep him medicated. 

• Like (+1) 1