Projected 2020 Salary Cap has been given to teams. Could be over 200, Bills should have 90+M to work with

MAJBobby

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fake news on both fronts.

1) The Bills were never up against the cap under Whaley.    Not even close.    McBeane just wanted to re-tool and it sounded like a good excuse to sell to a fanbase who wanted to hear things like that to make themselves feel better about yet more change.   But they were always scheduled to be cap rich from 2018-2020 whether Whaley stayed or went.   

2)  The Bills and hadn't lost 10 games in a season since 2010.........until McBeane arrived.

Are you kidding? We went 6-10 in 2011, 2012, 2013. That was Whaley “in the driver seat” with Buddy Nix the figurehead.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TroutDog said:

As we have witnessed, this can be solved in one year...even though they’re in far worse predicaments. 

true and why I laugh every year people are worried about the “Cap”

Just now, John from Riverside said:

We need offensive weapons.

Past Brown and Bease there is NOBODY I couldnt part with on offense.....we need BETTER then them

Past Singletary we need a home run hitter RB

I like our young TE's.....but if we can get a big body pass catcher then YES

Lets sign our guys...and then be aggressive on playmakers

what do you like about our TEs. Outside Knox (and even him with his drops) Needs to be upgraded. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

true and why I laugh every year people are worried about the “Cap”

what do you like about our TEs. Outside Knox (and even him with his drops) Needs to be upgraded. 

I think Sweeney is a keeper

But yes.....if better can be hand then yes....what I really want is a big body WR with speed that can catch...two of them

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I think Sweeney is a keeper

But yes.....if better can be hand then yes....what I really want is a big body WR with speed that can catch...two of them

I want 1 WR like you are talking 

and 2 TE. I like teams that have two real weapons at TE. Ours seem Very Specialized. 

20 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is an unpopular opinion but true. Beane did a good job of re-tooling with the guys that he wanted and bit the bullet to do it. They were never in cap trouble though. They were totally fine. He thought that the money was better spent elsewhere. That’s different than “they were in cap jail and were forced to release guys.” 

The only part that's really verifiable is the part that Whaley didn't have the team in salary cap trouble during his tenure or immediately thereafter. The part about 'always scheduled to be cap rich 2018-20' assumes that Whaley, had he stayed, wouldn't have committed $$$ to guys like Dareus, Watkins, Manuel et al...and there's no reason to think he wouldn't have. Avoiding paying bad contract for mediocre players is a major component of staying out of 'cap hell', and Beane's approach has worked thus far. Also they lost 10 games a bunch of times since 2010.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

That contract to Marcel Dareus seems like such lunacy now

Can't play 20/20 hindsight.  At the time he had been voted All-Pro and was a multiple Pro-Bowler.  If they hadn't paid him, and let him walk, the board would have melted down.  It's unfortunate Dareus's demons overtook his ability.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

yeah they are not. That is why it might be a pipe dream for me they likely re-sign him. Ngakoue is a good consolation prize. 

also think we should re-sign Shaq 

I'm fine with re-signing Shaq, but how big of a contract do you give him? I don't want to break the bank for him.

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Are you kidding? We went 6-10 in 2011, 2012, 2013. That was Whaley “in the driver seat” with Buddy Nix the figurehead.

You are right about the record being equal to last year's awful Bills but Whaley didn't take over entirely until after the draft in 2013..........Buddy got his QB picked and turned it over to Whaley.........I've heard a lot of BS about the Whaley era but this is ABSOLUTELY the first I've heard that he was "in the driver seat" in 2011 and 2012. ?   

7 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Can't play 20/20 hindsight.  At the time he had been voted All-Pro and was a multiple Pro-Bowler.  If they hadn't paid him, and let him walk, the board would have melted down.  It's unfortunate Dareus's demons overtook his ability.

I agree. Unfortunate that it turned out that way for Dareus.

He has/had tremendous potential as a D-Lineman, and could have been one of the best ever.

It sickens me that Wrecks tried to make him a Nose Tackle.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You save $7.2M in cap space by cutting him. They structured his contract this way so that they could get out of it. This is standard in the NFL. It’s the same thing with Kroft. You sign some guys with injury history and give yourself an out if they don’t produce commensurate with their salary. You don’t pay a guy $9M for the production of a $2M player. Hand the savings to Shaq and either upgrade Murphy with a big time signing or replace his production with a mid-round pick. 

Yes, of course

Yep, Murphy is a no brained to be cut. I trust Beane and the F.O. To handle the offseason. I don’t think they will get in a bidding war for Shaq. They have watched Shaq firsthand and know exactly who he is and what motivates him. It may just be coincidence that this is Shaw’s best year and also a contract year. It might of taken Shaq this long to adjust. Either way I trust what they do. 
Personally I’d rather see Lee Smith go than Kroft for next year. Let Knox, Sweeney, and Kroft be your projected actives. Draft a guy late. I haven’t seen or heard much from Smith the last three weeks, since he is basically a sixth olineman I guess that’s good. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

that’s about where I have his value too. Somewhere between 7-9AVV

Which might be a good thing because he can rotate on both LDE and RDE.

I think that good value especially if they can draft a pass rushing LDE fairly high (2nd or 3rd round).