Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
T&C

How Important are Your Kids?

Recommended Posts

No problems there. The most important people to parents are their children. You are there to raise and protect them to the best of your ability.

 

The most important person to a child is obviously their parents. 

 

There is more than one perspective, and that’s fine. 

 

I won’t buy into any generation bashing. 

  • Like (+1) 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everything in life is about balance. The further you get away from balance, the more likely your world will have chaos.

  • Like (+1) 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

Everything in life is about balance. The further you get away from balance, the more likely your world will have chaos.

 

a0f600cc22dd24ab8140869d75d267b7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Naples Daily?? is it any surprise that this comes out of Cali?

here... let me write a script for that....

Edited by Foxx
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my toddler granddaughter was upset about something, I told my daughter that parents can only be as happy as their least happy child.  She immediately replied that if she can only be as happy as her daughter, and I can only be as happy as my daughter, then...

 

I guess I’ll have to rethink that line of reasoning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the author does not really support the premise of his article with examples to prove his point which quite frankly isn't clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foxx said:

the Naples Daily?? is it any surprise that this comes out of Cali?

here... let me write a script for that....

Pretty sure its Naples Florida...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Pretty sure its Naples Florida...

do anyone need a script?

'cause, i can write one...

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The title is a mess. The most important......what? Kids? Should somebody else’s kids be more important? Apparently he didn’t have room for the word “people” or “thing”, so being the journalist he is, he just left it incomplete. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to publish that title. Move some words around to make it work. Maybe I’m just an oddball. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Augie said:

The title is a mess. The most important......what? Kids? Should somebody else’s kids be more important? Apparently he didn’t have room for the word “people” or “thing”, so being the journalist he is, he just left it incomplete. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to publish that title. Move some words around to make it work. Maybe I’m just an oddball. 

 

journalist?

 

image.png.1fd40c98110a9af53b7f3fe88a38f0d5.png.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Augie said:

The title is a mess. The most important......what? Kids? Should somebody else’s kids be more important? Apparently he didn’t have room for the word “people” or “thing”, so being the journalist he is, he just left it incomplete. Personally, I’d be embarrassed to publish that title. Move some words around to make it work. Maybe I’m just an oddball. 

I agree the title of the article is a mess, but a lot of what he wrote rings true.. to me anyway. As a kid of the 60's we respected the adults in our family. I still call my aunts and uncles who are still alive by prefacing their name with aunt or uncle. None of this "hey John or what's up Sue".

Remember when, sending a package or a letter to a boy we used to put "Master" before the name of the person?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, T&C said:

I agree the title of the article is a mess, but a lot of what he wrote rings true.. to me anyway. As a kid of the 60's we respected the adults in our family. I still call my aunts and uncles who are still alive by prefacing their name with aunt or uncle. None of this "hey John or what's up Sue".

Remember when, sending a package or a letter to a boy we used to put "Master" before the name of the person?

 

My nieces are in their 30’s and it’s still Uncle Augie. I only had one uncle and no aunts. I never called him anything BUT Uncle Bill. Had a dream about him recently (long deceased) and it was still Uncle Bill. (Not to be confused with “Mister Bill”, that was very different.😳

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blame the Kennedy family many moons ago for starting moving away from what Rosemond is saying.

7 hours ago, ricojes said:

My wife loves this guy's articles, have a few cut our and hanging on the fridge.

My mother in law... Well into her 80s has been mailing us Rosemond's articles for years. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think having a strong relationship with you spouse is first and foremost the most important. If you do, then raising kids together in which you both love them unconditionally is the best for children. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome.  Another 70-plus year old, rich white guy telling me how I should live my life.

  • Meh 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/9/2019 at 6:48 AM, Foxx said:

the Naples Daily?? is it any surprise that this comes out of Cali?

here... let me write a script for that....

Or southwestern Florida.

 

:doh:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, T&C said:

I agree the title of the article is a mess, but a lot of what he wrote rings true.. to me anyway. As a kid of the 60's we respected the adults in our family. I still call my aunts and uncles who are still alive by prefacing their name with aunt or uncle. None of this "hey John or what's up Sue".

Remember when, sending a package or a letter to a boy we used to put "Master" before the name of the person?

 

Yeah, and as someone named Bates Daley this caused me a great deal of childhood trauma.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

 

Yeah, and as someone named Bates Daley this caused me a great deal of childhood trauma.

 

my undergrad school was McMaster and the water polo team was unofficially the Bators, wouldn't have mattered much but they were a top school in Canada at this sport for a long time

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Awesome.  Another 70-plus year old, rich white guy telling me how I should live my life.

He's been doing it for over 40 years.  

I think you should listen.

A_ModestProposal.thumb.jpg.e8f77fafdfe64927ca36a7adac3bf11a.jpg

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...