The fake kneel down before the half

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yup...winning teams do things other teams don’t do...

Bush league with no positive potential outcome. When their QB breaks his legs and his career mirrors RG3's, I wonder if people will still think this play was cool.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Um - It had nothing to do with them winning. It went nowhere. But might get their QB killed in the future. 

They thought they could catch us off guard and get a big gain to get them in FG range to end the half. I actually like the play design. 

17 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

They thought they could catch us off guard and get a big gain to get them in FG range to end the half. I actually like the play design. 

I know why they did it, but it wasn’t designed well because it didn’t work. And now that they have done it, they can’t be pissed when they get blown up at some point on a kneel. It looked desperate to me on the part of their offense. 

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know why they did it, but it wasn’t designed well because it didn’t work. And now that they have done it, they can’t be pissed when they get blown up at some point on a kneel. It looked desperate to me on the part of their offense. 

Honestly, I don’t care if they get blown up in the future taking a knee. What happens to them doesn’t matter to me. I didn’t have a problem with the play when it happened

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Because coaches such as Harbaugh, Belichick, and Payton are not content with sitting on leads.  Not a difficult concept to grasp.

2 of 3 lost today.  Just saying.  And the 3rd was close to going to overtime with a potential loss.

Pro tip for you...if the concept you present is questioned, instead of claiming it's "not a difficult concept to grasp", maybe realize your hypothesis is inadequate and it might be that you are not quite grasping something yourself.  Pro tip.

Really surprised at all the people in here saying that this is "Ok." This is way different than faking a spike into the ground (to stop the clock). I've been watching NFL games for 45+ years now, and of course I don't get to see all games, but I can't ever remember another team pulling this chicanery.

And like I said earlier, it just gives other teams a reason to go full tilt at the Ravens whenever they line up in V formation, and because of today, they'd be perfectly justified in doing so.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Really surprised at all the people in here saying that this is "Ok." This is way different than faking a spike into the ground (to stop the clock). I've been watching NFL games for 45+ years now, and of course I don't get to see all games, but I can't ever remember another team pulling this chicanery.

And like I said earlier, it just gives other teams a reason to go full tilt at the Ravens whenever they line up in V formation, and because of today, they'd be perfectly justified in doing so.

It was the first half. Not the end of game.  I think it was stupid but with 30 seconds if the Bills defense is napping maybe the hit a play that gains enough yards for them to try for a FG. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

2 of 3 lost today.  Just saying.  And the 3rd was close to going to overtime with a potential loss.

Pro tip for you...if the concept you present is questioned, instead of claiming it's "not a difficult concept to grasp", maybe realize your hypothesis is inadequate and it might be that you are not quite grasping something yourself.  Pro tip.

This isn't the history of now.  Yes, 2/3 lost today and the other was in a tough fight.  But they have won in the past by coaching to win, that is why I didn't have a problem with the final play of the first half.  As a side note, I would like to see McD adopt that type of mindset.  Don't take your foot off the gas pedal.

If "THAT's why? Lol ok" is a question to my presented concept, I suppose I should just consider myself enlightened.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Didn’t have a problem with it.

When an offense signals that they are going to kneel the ball at the end of a half or game, the defense understands that they should not hit the offensive linemen.  This is to avoid injury. The Ravens faking a kneel down was an incredibly cheap move because it undercut a league-wide understanding that a defense should take a passive stance when an opposing offense takes a knee to run out the clock. Harbaugh has no respect for the game for pulling that type of crap. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

In fact it was just another example of poor clock management by Bills. I don't know who called timeout with 30 seconds on the clock but that was dumb. It was fourth down. Should have let the clock run down to only 4 or 5 sec.

Agreed. No idea what they were thinking. 

On the kneel down though I am with Yolo. When you line up in that formation the unwritten contract with the defense is "we won't hit you because you are not running a play." Once you muddy that water I think you make the kneel down a lot less safe moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2