OIG FISA Report Discussion and the real reason for the FBI Mar-a-Lago raid

11 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

giphy.gif

Disappointed... I really did think you had your smoking gun.

Did we really need to do this ridiculous dance for the last 24 hours???? Good God man! :doh:

You're so angry.

I hope life gets better for you trying to ensnare posters into traps you think you've got them in.

Oy.

I'm going to go enjoy my evening now that that's settled.

Go Bills!!! :beer:

Was the OIG report limited in scope? Could Horowitz subpoena Mifsud? You show an amazing lack of knowledge of the process but a real ability to cherry pick. Congrats. 

• Like (+1) 1

IG Horowitz hearing exposes deliberate FBI misconduct in investigating Trump campaign

by Gregg Jarrett

Original Article

When the FBI discovered that the anti-Trump Steele dossier was garbage, the bureau concealed that vital evidence. Instead of promptly terminating its surveillance of Donald Trump’s former campaign adviser Carter Page, the FBI persisted in its quest to prove a Trump-Russia “collusion” conspiracy that officials knew was unsupported by credible evidence.

(Snip)

It is not remotely plausible to dismiss this appalling conduct as sloppy or careless work. It cannot be minimized (or trivialized) as just a case of “performance failures,” as Horowitz would have us believe.

• Like (+1) 2

The Obama’s Administration’s FISA Abuse Is a Massive Scandal

by David Harsanyi

Original Article

Perhaps if Democrats would momentarily shelve their obsession with Donald Trump, they’d comprehend the staggering abuse of power they’re defending these days. Because much of Tuesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing with DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz was jaw-dropping. Horowitz’s testimony, in fact, sounded little like the media depiction of the IG report only the day before. Most major outlets had stressed that the IG had found no bias in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. But failing to uncover explicit instances of bias and exonerating the FBI aren’t the same thing. Worse, most of the media had buried the lede.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Obama’s Administration’s FISA Abuse Is a Massive Scandal

by David Harsanyi

Original Article

Perhaps if Democrats would momentarily shelve their obsession with Donald Trump, they’d comprehend the staggering abuse of power they’re defending these days. Because much of Tuesday’s Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing with DOJ inspector general Michael Horowitz was jaw-dropping. Horowitz’s testimony, in fact, sounded little like the media depiction of the IG report only the day before. Most major outlets had stressed that the IG had found no bias in the Crossfire Hurricane investigation. But failing to uncover explicit instances of bias and exonerating the FBI aren’t the same thing. Worse, most of the media had buried the lede.

...Comey did not develop this criminal culture overnight......many pieces were already in place and function with Sleepy Bob Mueller in charge.....and he was the Special (Independent) Counsel?......seriously?.....Comey just made it dirtier.......and J Edgar is pissed, having lost his "luster"...........

• Like (+1) 1

michael-horowitz-1.jpg?resize=110,85&ssl AFTER HOROWITZ

Whatever the limitations of the Department of Justice Inspector General report on FISA abuse and related issues, it should bring some closure to the Russia hoax touted by the Democrats and their media adjunct over the past three years.

If there is to be a reckoning with the deceit and dishonesty that have pervaded our public discourse on matters related to the hoax, however, we are on our own. The Democrats and their media adjunct are still at it. I mean this to be the first in a series of posts that follows up on the DoJ IG report submitted by Michael Horowitz this week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

It's great to see Catherine after changing work addresses is still reporting facts good, bad or indifferent.  She's a real pro. 

it is interesting to see that CBS may be the first cracks in delusional based MSM reporting.

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

it is interesting to see that CBS may be the first cracks in delusional based MSM reporting.

This is very interesting.  Has anyone here been following CBS News.  Maybe the new leadership there is really committed to reporting the facts?

....and Jim is a real martyr falling on his sword.......wadda guy.....

Published 21 mins ago

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This comes days after IG Michael Horowitz’s report and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee detailed concerns that included 17 “significant errors and omissions” by the FBI’s investigative team when applying for a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Horowitz referred “the entire chain of command” to the FBI and DOJ for “how to assess and address their performance failures” during the probe, which was conducted while Comey was in charge.

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/comey-defends-fbis-fisa-process-after-scathing-ig-report

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and Jim is a real martyr falling on his sword.......wadda guy.....

Published 21 mins ago

Comey admits error in defense of FBI's FISA process after IG report: 'He was right, I was wrong'

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former FBI Director James Comey admitted on "Fox News Sunday" that the recently released Justice Department Inspector General’s report on the launch of the FBI’s Russia investigation and their use of the surveillance process showed that he was "overconfident" when he defended his former agency's use of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

This comes days after IG Michael Horowitz’s report and testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee detailed concerns that included 17 “significant errors and omissions” by the FBI’s investigative team when applying for a FISA warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. Horowitz referred “the entire chain of command” to the FBI and DOJ for “how to assess and address their performance failures” during the probe, which was conducted while Comey was in charge.

"He's right, I was wrong," Comey said about how the FBI used the FISA process, adding, "I was overconfident as director in our procedures."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/comey-defends-fbis-fisa-process-after-scathing-ig-report

Comey clearly has some psychological issues.  Well, every person on the planet has some, but his are above average and likely the result of long term exposure to groupthink.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, B-Man said:

All those quotes regarding Comey and Schiff's interviews this morning were quite interesting. ....

+1

would like to see the clip where he says he is not going to testify.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Ratcliffe has an excellent point ... what would a prosecutor do if this was a Georgie P or someone "lesser" like him?  And that is exactly what gets the average schmoe pissed off; there are two tiers of justice in this country. That needs to end.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ratcliffe has an excellent point ... what would a prosecutor do if this was a Georgie P or someone "lesser" like him?  And that is exactly what gets the average schmoe pissed off; there are two tiers of justice in this country. That needs to end.

...which is why I fear the entire mess ends up in "let's kiss and make up....bygones be bygones....we promise to do better"......at the same time, I hope the voracity of Bulldog Durham and AG Barr see this through in its entirety.....Barr will be labeled a political, partisan hack as will Durham...interesting though that Durham was handed several high profile matters by former AG Holder......so how will that counter that?.....

• Like (+1) 1

Horowitz FISA Book report:

Crossfire Hurricane investigation was handed over to Mueller.

At the time that the investigation was handed over, the FBI had nothing on anyone, in spite of (1) tracking Carte Page while having no predicate to do so, and (2) having interviewed Mifsud — and knowing he wasn’t a Russian asset, and (3) after interviewing Steele’s main source of info and finding out he fed b.s. to Steele.  Mueller had to have known all of that yet he took two years to make his report. There was nothing to hand over. There was nothing to build on. It was all a sham.  

Where’s the report that justifies any of this?

Edited by snafu
  • Like (+1) 2

James Comey still won’t admit the truth

New York Post, by Editorial

Original Article

So former FBI chief Jim Comey finally admits the glaringly obvious: “I was overconfident as director in our procedures” in getting a warrant to wiretap a Trump campaign aide and the bureau’s behavior “was not acceptable.” Comey came to this belated mea culpa during a tough Sunday interview by Fox News’ Chris Wallace, after a damning report from Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, which slammed “the entire chain of command” under Comey for major “performance failures.”

Yet, while Comey has accepted the basic facts Horowitz uncovered — even saying, “He’s right, I was wrong” — he is still in deep denial on key IG findings.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Uh-huh...

I just read this in the report:

“Corney said his level of involvement in Crossfire Hurricane was similar to some cases and dissimilar to others. He said:
I would put [cases in] three buckets. One, cases they'd never tell me about because of a judgment by the leadership chain that it wasn't for the Director to know. Cases that I would be told about, simply to be aware of. And then cases, the third category would be cases that I was told about and, in some detail, and kept informed of as the investigation went on. Crossfire Hurricane was in that third bucket.”

That third bucket was was filled with slop.

• Like (+1) 2

REALCLEARINVESTIGATIONS: IG Report Undercuts Credibility of Impeachment Manager Nadler.

Democratic Rep. Jerry Nadler, the House Judiciary Committee chairman who has drawn up articles of impeachment accusing President Trump of abusing his power, last year falsely accused a Trump campaign aide of being a Russian spy who helped Moscow interfere in the 2016 election — an accusation the Justice Department’s watchdog declared unfounded in his newly released report.

Nadler made the accusation in a letter distributed on Capitol Hill in early 2018. In the same document, he also defended the FBI for obtaining a highly invasive FISA warrant to wiretap the Trump aide, Carter Page. The watchdog now concludes that this warrant, renewed three times, was obtained under false pretenses.

The Democratic leader — who’s expected to argue the impeachment case before the Senate next month — dismissed as “a conspiracy theory” the president’s characterization of the FBI spying as an “abuse” of the government’s surveillance powers.

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz found the FBI did in fact abuse its authority, including withholding exculpatory evidence from its spy warrant on Page and subsequent renewals — including one in which the evidence was falsified by an FBI lawyer whom Horowitz referred for criminal investigation.

Capitol Hill sources say the inspector general’s scathing report uncovering FBI misconduct undercuts Nadler’s credibility as a prosecutor for the impeachment case.

I mean, to the extent that he had any before, yeah

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

REALCLEARINVESTIGATIONS: IG Report Undercuts Credibility of Impeachment Manager Nadler.

Capitol Hill sources say the inspector general’s scathing report uncovering FBI misconduct undercuts Nadler’s credibility as a prosecutor for the impeachment case.

I mean, to the extent that he had any before, yeah

Wait a second. We're past the House investigation and on to how unfair the Senate is going to treat the trial. There are Senators who are calling bullschiff on the evidence without fully exploring the version of truth put forth by Nadler and Schiff! That's totally unfair to the Democrats who must have Trump removed so that they can win in November!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1