49ers vs Ravens

ILBillsfan

Am I missing something?  A few minutes ago Garapolo threw to his receiver in the end zone and the defender who was in front of him just stopped, which caused the receiver to run into him, completely disrupting his potential to get to the ball, which went over both their heads.  Isn't that clear pass interference?   The Ravens defender was not making a move to the ball.

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo

1 minute ago, Georgia Bill said:

Am I missing something?  A few minutes Garapolo threw to his receiver in the end zone and the defender who was in front of him just stopped, which caused the receiver to run into him, completely disrupting his potential to get to the ball, which went over both their heads.  Isn't that clear pass interference?   The Ravens defender was not making a move to the ball.

It's because the CB turned his head around as if he was looking for the ball to throw off the ref. Veteran move.

8 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It was kind of ticky-tack, but I think it was the angle from which the official who threw the flag saw it.

I also don’t think it would have been reversed if they reviewed it because it was the call on the field, and there was some small degree of contact early.

I don't think they'd have reversed it either. Just the kind of play where the ref should have kept the flag in his pocket.

I was still happy about the outcome. I want Baltimore's confidence shaken before next week.

• Like (+1) 1

As much as we know the DL and LB's need to contain Jackson in the pocket, it's also really important for Edmunds/Milano/Hyde/Poyer to cover the TE's/receivers over the middle. The construct of the defense does leave this area open, so it's gonna be important to stop those plays or at the very least not allow 10 yarders to turn into 40 yarders. The Bills defense doesn't give up the traditional big play to WO's, but this area of the field can be susceptible.

14 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Good pick up on the flag for late hit on Lamar Brady

I mean, he pushed Sanders out of the way of where the ball was going to be, before the ball got there. That's the very definition of PI.

I didn't see that on any of the half dozen slow motion replays.

9 minutes ago, bobblehead said:

Are you allowed to hit a guy in the head before he is about to make a catch, or not?

its that simple and that “ref in the booth’s” word salad is just proof of how bad some rules are in the league 

Sorry, but ONLY if he’s a Bobblehead. That’s the whole point of a Bobblehead! YOU off all people should know THAT!   ?

The DB tried to go thru the offensive player to get the ball. Has has an equal right to the ball, but that (if we’re talking about the same play) was PI to me. I wish we could have games where the refs never get noticed. 

Contain the edges, muck up the middle and take away Lamar’s intermediate options over the middle of the field. That’s how you stop the Ravens, but it’s asking a lot. When the RPO isn’t as effective, they’re far less impressive running a traditional offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

The game is living up to expectations so far...

Certainly fun to watch. I wish it was snow vs rain and the refs didn’t play such a big role, but I’m enjoying it. I hope they get to play a fifth quarter, in fact! 

• Like (+1) 1

Granted I feel asleep, but watching this game gives me more confidence that the Bills are finally for REAL.

I think the Bills could beat both of these teams if they were playing today, and they are maybe the best two teams in the league.  I've never felt this way in my whole life!! Go Bills!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1